• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thanks APA on SBR work

1eyedjack1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2008
KY
Just got the SBR AR back from APA. Getting the barrel cut down, recrowned and thread back up for the flash hider.

*Left handed Stag upper cut to 11" on a my Bushy SBR Lower. She is a blast to shoot especially with the can on it!! cool

More great work from APA.

Thanks Jered, Dave and Bill!!

Alex

I'll post Pictures Later

Re: Thanks APA on SBR work

Posting pics for Alex. That is a slick looking SBR except the ejection port is on the wrong side!
laugh.gif
More class 3 paper work for me damn it!!

DSCN0494.jpg

DSCN0493.jpg

Oneshot

Thanks for getting the pics up. I did the LH just so you won't beable to talk me out of it later.

Looks good!

I'll mention one thing, just in case you run into it. A buddy bought a Stag lefty rifle. He shot it some, then we went to a carbine class, and he had a bad problem with FTE's. Replacing the extractor didn't help, which was all we could do at the range since it was a lefty. He sent it back to Stag, and they replaced the upper receiver and the bolt carrier group.

After getting it back, it again did ok for a while, and then started doing the same thing. It would jam up with the new round trying to feed with the spent brass still in the upper. It went back again, and Stag replaced the entire upper receiver and again replaced the bolt carrier group.

After getting it back and running some rounds through it, we took another class, which was pretty much a replay of the first class. Constant FTE's, several per magazine. To put it mildly, he was upset with Stag. As I was sitting there watching him, I noticed a brass mark at an odd place on the ejection port cover. His Eotech held the cover out at a 45 degree angle up. It didn't look possible that the cover could interfere with ejecting brass, but it did. I moved the Eotech forward onto his railed handguard, and he had no more problems.

You will probably never see that, but when I saw your optics mount holding the cover out a little, it reminded me. Just something to keep in mind if you do have problems.

Jamie

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up!! I got less than a 100rd in it, with very little problems, but I going to take the dust cover off just so I won't have a problem.

Again Thanks for the tip. It's a people like you that make this sight worth it.

Alex

I probably wouldn't take the cover off unless you had the problem, it is useful for keeping the internals clean. But, if you had problems, I would keep it in mind.