• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thanks for the help...bought an EDM M96

Zion4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2011
New York
Just a little update and thanks to all of those who helped me and my dad out in choosing a .50 BMG. He ended up being sold on EDM's M96 and put an order in for one yesterday. Hopefully he'll get it during the summer and he and I can have some good, badass fun shooting it.

A question for those of you who currently own M96's, did you get the barrel conversion/would you recommend it? The range closest to his house unfortunately doesn't allow .50 BMG and the closest range to him that does it 3+ hours away, so he was curious about the .416 conversion thing. I've heard that all one needs to do in order to switch between .50 and .416 was swap out the barrel because the two cartridges are close enough in size that they can utilize the same bolt. Is there any truth to this?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Thanks for the help...bought an EDM M96

Will the closer ranges allow the .416? It would be a bummer to spend $2k on a conversion that you would still need to drive 3 hours to use.

I would ask Bill Richie at EDM if all you would need would be a barrel.