• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thanks Hide; check out these first range results!

JIF

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2013
Land of Oz
With the thoughts and comments from the Hide I bought a CZ455 Tacticool for my son's Xmas present (i have relayed this before but this is his first rifle and I got him started with guns this summer with and M&P CORE .40 cal. I will not go into all the reasons I introduced so late to the sport but he has really taken to it. He will finish/ be a Master's Degree candidate at the University of Kansas in Spring 2014. I wanted to set up something that would be technically interesting for him from a platform standpoint. He impressed the hell out of me shooting a handgun the first time so for Xmas it was CZ "Cool" time.

So we threw on a Simmons 3x9x40mm target scope and DIP aluminum magazine well. We held off on messing with the DIP trigger products for the first shoot.

I recieved fantastic feedback from the Hide on the Tacticool vs. the 455 with the Manners stock. There were no wrong answers in the selection. Frankly, I made the decision because of the 400 dollar price difference for a .22. With that said, I am seriously considering the other option for myself......especially after today. The Boyd's version feels good in hand and you can judge our initial performance below. The Manner's stock is truly awesome in hand for what it is intended to be/do.

So we took the "Cool" to a public outdoor range. Temp rose the couple of hours we were there as did the wind (which remained very light at approximately 0-4mph slight cross/tailwind during our couple of hours at the range. 46-50 degrees bench shooting from a harris bipod on the front and crappy butt rest from a shooting bag.....was not thinking I would really need/want the good rests. Sighting in at 25 then 50 yds I was thinking "damn" in a good way. Went to a 100 yds and got it sighted ...... didn't have a spotting scope so it was difficult to see the holes but with several trips downrange we walked it in.

Just to help with visibility I stuck on a Shoot-N-C target and loaded up 5 round mag of Lapua Midas + .22LR. Being new to precision rimifire (as opposed to shooting varmints and "cans" for fun, what do you guys think? With these kind of targets measuring the spread is not as easy so I got a max of .9182" conservatively for the 5 round group. I didn't have a spotting scope and was travelling light with binocs.....when I started seeing the splashes I was amazed. This was backed up by putting at least 3 of 5 rounds on the little Shoot-N-C dot patch they provide extend target use.

Thanks so much again,

Thanks again my friends but please always be honest with your feedback......should we be as happy as we are with these first results? Personally, this is pretty damn goo

Good shooting and a Christmas present that will just keep on giving enjoyment!

Good shooting and a Christmas present that will just keep on giving enjoyment!

Thank you my friend. It was an awesome day for this dad. I see you are a neighbor; I think you can relate when I say I have been to several NU games in Lincoln and can say the Nebraska faithfull are 100% the best hosts for schools coming in to compete. For reference, Missouri fans in Colubmbia are a total 0%......seriously though, next to Allen Field House your Stadium is a fanatastic game experience when it comes to college sports I am a little biased :) but I cant take anything away from you fans

Thank you JIF on behalf of the Husker Nation for the kind words. I'm actually a transplant (originally from Ohio) but I do enjoy both NU & OSU football. My wife and daughter have been to a couple of games in Lincoln. When it comes to College Basketball, I have always enjoyed watching KSU. I watched a lot of KSU basketball back in the 70's when stationed at Ft. Riley. I'll always have fond memories of Kansas.

Happy days!

FWIW my CZ shot about .75 @ 50y for the first several hundred rounds.
It shot a heck of a lot better after that. No tuning, just shot the crap out of it for a while and watched the groups shrink up.

I have a feeling you will start seeing some really tight groups soon.

looks like a great group

now the problem is your kid will keep asking to have his rifle back while dad "makes sure it's still sighted in" every weekend :D

Got this right ^^^^^ and don't forget to tell the wife that you need it for the son and the purse will fly open,
It's kinda magical.

Got this right ^^^^^ and don't forget to tell the wife that you need it for the son and the purse will fly open,
It's kinda magical.

Hahaha..... I tried to make the case to keep it here at home but it went back to school with him. It was an awesome day shooting with him that will always be remembered.

As far as the wife...... Do you know why divorces are so expensive????

.......They are worth it!;)