• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

That was a disappointment☹️ Sharing my just learned life lesson

Sniperwannabee

CWO
Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2017
    Changes every 4 years
    All excited to have all my components for my CZ to mount my scope on my new dip pic rail and then realized it’s not going to work🤦🏼‍♂️My scope base has 3 lugs and will not mount . Don’t know why manufacturers would make a pic rail without the middle section completed. Should have looked at the pics more clearly . MDT pic rail ordered

Bottom line: Make sure you look at the pics to make sure it will work for your combo🤦🏼‍♂️

Attachments

• 34844850-343A-41A3-B63E-D77B8870A059.jpeg
      34844850-343A-41A3-B63E-D77B8870A059.jpeg
      529.6 KB · Views: 259
    • A65ED4FB-709F-4C29-A79C-FE6B54208F1A.jpeg
      A65ED4FB-709F-4C29-A79C-FE6B54208F1A.jpeg
      438.9 KB · Views: 262
    Last edited:
    Reactions: Bigtee-02
    Can that middle lug be removed? Often they’re just a separate little bit of key stock essentially.
    Unfortunately not hopefully this thread will help someone else

Funny story is That pic rail required purple loctiite and 6-8 inch pounds torque wrench..all of which I had to order as well🤦🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
    Yea, I recently purchased that same rail. Not only did I not like the fat middle lug but I also didn't like the way it bridged the breech with that skinny little connecting section. As can be seen in your second picture, it leaves a gap on both sides of that piece. What's with that? I'm just not liking anything about this one really. The EGW/MDT or 419 rail cost a little more but are well worth it. The CZ brand 11 mm rings work great too.

Unfortunately not hopefully this thread will help someone else

Funny story is That pic rail required purple loctiite and 6-8 inch pounds torque wrench..all of which I had to order as well🤦🏼‍♂️
    Contact Evolution Gun Works. I’m sure they have the rail that you need, to avoid modifying your mount. And their prices are very reasonable. 👍🏼

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
    Glad to see the recommendations for the EGW rail, I just ordered a 40moa rail for my Bergara B14R

Glad to see the recommendations for the EGW rail, I just ordered a 40moa rail for my Bergara B14R
    I run EGW rails on everything from my 10/22, .17 HMR, all the way up to my big magnums. The only ones I don't, are my AR's (obvious reasons) and my CA Ranger 22, because it's a proprietary design...But it still costs about the same, so no big deal.

Reactions: Tortuga
    FA1FB056-6031-43C0-ABFD-B7437374EF69.jpeg

Consider the rails from Area 419, quality, accurate machining, selection, and fully machined-no blank spots.

I ordered a low Nightforce Unimount, except didn't take into account of the turret housing clearance. Nothing that a mill couldn't fix, but it sucks to have an issue...