• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

That's a Pretty Sniper-y Shooter

navynambu

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2017
Omnipresent
Interesting shot taken, with an interesting toy. The guy seems to intentionally shoot high, above the tank, to get an air burst.

What is it? Russian made? Kills w/concussion? Do we have these?

Links to footage before and after (Note: on the "after" link, you have to also click "view" because it shows bodies and therefore is "sensitive":

Mmmmm how would you get an airburst at the appropriate moment? That would take a sophisticated warhead to detonate in proximity. Burst looks very cgi? Fake news? I'm so jaded now i don't believe anything anymore.

Mmmmm how would you get an airburst at the appropriate moment? That would take a sophisticated warhead to detonate in proximity. Burst looks very cgi? Fake news? I'm so jaded now i don't believe anything anymore.
air burst tech is very advanced right now. Plenty of weapons using range finding tech to burst on target with astonishing results.

Pretty standard tech these days, easy to see why they would want to do this given the vulnerability of a tank from above.

Hmmm nlaw makes me glad I'm not a tanker anymore.

I didn't see the tank in the after video....what did I miss (yes there was infantry, no tank tho)

ANd yes airburst is always better for artillery/bombs/nukes/etc. We've know that since ww2.

Damn, it seems there's almost no way for a classical 20th century army to deal with 21st century solutions.

Since the hatches on that tank were open, I suppose the air burst "thermobaric action" would also KIA anyone inside it too, and potentially leave all the bodies with little to no visible wounds? At least death was swift.

Would the tank likely still be operational after this?

Money says the tank driver was probably concussed but alive and got the fuck outta dodge. Dismounts and any crew unlucky enough to be under it ended up with jello insides and died. My hunch is there wasn’t a drop of blood on the ground. Maybe some from their ears and noses but not much

I was a TOW gunner back in the 90's. The missiles that were coming out shortly after I got out were supposed to fly over the tank and fire the warhead down on top of the turret where it's the weakest.

It may have been fire and forget instead of wire guided also, but I'm not positive.

Was watching a YT video about how the cages on Russian tanks aren’t working. It mentioned the tech in some of the rockets knows the height of the tank and sets altitude off that. I wanna say magnets are involved. It was a task and purpose video not long ago