• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

THATS IT.. I QUIT!!!!!!!

still_N_29palms

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2011
Somerville, Alabama
Today is day one starting CHANTIX.... I am ready to QUIT SMOKING.

I have ben smoking for over 20years now and time for me to quit, I am ready and I want to.

Starting this post as a way to well monitor my own progress. and maby get suport from those people that know how to suport.

shooters the world over always suport other shooters either by coaching or hints or by reinforcement in some way or the other.

I invite all others that feel it is time to QUIT to join me here on this post as our own little suport group.

Re: THATS IT.. I QUIT!!!!!!!

Worked great for a friend of mine. He said it made him moody as hell and his dreams were like LSD trips.

He started smoking again about 3 months later saying he missed it.

i used chantix tryin to quit dipping, get ready for some dreams that'll make you wake up in the yard with a boner

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">quitter </div></div>

+1

You dont have any will power unless you can quite twice a week.

That Chantix stuff worked for a couple of my family members that were life-long smokers.
Good luck, and hang in there!!

I cold turkeyed 25 years ago, no Chantrix, no nothing.....pure hell but Id take a serious beating rather than smoke another. I could feel the improvements in my health for a couple of years. Good luck and stay strong.....its worth it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">P.S. I still dip </div></div>

That answers my question! I quit once....it was the worst 15 minutes of the day!

Edit: Good luck Smith!!!!

THANKS YOU, for the support and as for as BOLTRIPPER this is one thing to say I am proud to be a quitter. The FAIL would be to give up( or to quit quitting), I believe this will be the hardest trip I have partaked upon.

It is always easier to continue smoking. But my thinking is like this. If captured, I would rather indure pain and death than to ever give up anything that would endanger my breatheren. Now I have been captured by the addiction of smoking and now it is time to endure my pain for the life of my family.

Good luck with that. Doc put me on Welbutrin to stop dipping snuff. Oh it made me quit. It also gave me the munchies and put my mouth in gear. It removed all inhibitions about telling your boss what is on your mind. It is supposed to also double as a weight loss pill....I gained 15 pounds. Snuff is not near as bad for me as gaining 15 pounds and being unemployed. Yes I still dip snuff but I wouldn't call a can a week much of a habit.
Hope the pills work for you. If not you can always take up chewing tobacco:)

This is my decesion. Not those of others, not the will of my family, not the pursicution of society, I want this, I will have this, I have always succeded in what I want to accomplish and I will be accomplished in this. This is for me. I will WIN.

I smoked for 14 yrs. and quit cold turkey in 92. I felt much better in a month. I noticed food tasted better, I didn't cough as much and I smelled better. Good luck! it's worth it.

I had a teacher in college. He questioned a classmate as to why he took 3 lab courses at once..Kid said he had lots of willpowerand he ould do it.
This led to a lecture by the Prof concerning how young people had no willpower.."Why I stopped smoking 2-3 packs of cigarettes a day for 20 years..I stopped cold just like that" That's willpower boy, and what does a young guy like Uknow about it?

Kid said yes sir, but I gave up Heroin...

So it is relative...

Good luck

Good luck man, think of all the money you will save that you could spend on shooting.

we will figure an avg. of 3 packs a week (i know some do a pack a day, but this is all relative). at $5.50 a box, thats $16.50 a week. thats $858.00 a year.
Thats a lot of ammo, or a decent scope, or a new barrel, or a stock with bedding, or even a custom action (maybe pushing it).
I had a buddy just put the money in a jar everytime he wanted to go get a can (he dipped). Guy saved up a nice chunk of change and bought a TV.

Hope this motivates you! Goodluck!

PS. if you do a pack a day @ $5.50 a box, you would have just over $2k.

on those figures currently I spend $180.00 a month(3 cartons) that is about 1440 dollars a year.
I am gonna buy myself a new present every year(gun) for my succes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope the pills work for you. If not you can always take up chewing tobacco:) </div></div>

The oral surgeon told me to try to lay off the dipping tobacco for 2 weeks, then come back and he'd decide if he needed to do a biopsy.
I quit that day....2 years and 23 days ago...and I miss it almost every day.

If you don't chew, don't start.

Good luck, pard! I'll pray for a little Divine help...I've heard quitting smoking can be incredibly difficult. I've also heard from everyone who I know who <span style="font-style: italic">has</span> quit that it was one of the best things they'd done in their life. Better for their friends, their families, and themselves. Cars and houses are worth more, clothing and furniture looks nicer. Food and drink tastes better. 'Bout the only negative is that the tobacco company shareholders don't make as much...
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i used chantix tryin to quit dipping, get ready for some dreams that'll make you wake up in the yard with a boner </div></div>
I have to try this stuff just to see if i wake up in the yard with a boner
shocked.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAGUA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i used chantix tryin to quit dipping, get ready for some dreams that'll make you wake up in the yard with a boner </div></div>
I have to try this stuff just to see if i wake up in the yard with a boner
shocked.gif
. </div></div>

Careful, Might wake up in the yard with a boner burried in something furry.

Good luck!

My brother smoked HARD for 30 years and tried quitting a few times, when he got champix (same thing?) he finally made it. Best decision of his life he says.

He also said he had no side effects, except gaining a little weight which he lost again anyway by having more energy. ..though it could be he didn't want to tell me about his yard boner..

Good luck Smith! I quit cold turkey in October, '92'. I smoke a cigar once or twice a weekend but haven't had a cig since I quit them.

I do miss them at times. I doubt that will ever go away as we make some damn fine cigarettes in this country.

I dipped anywhere between a full can to a can-and-a-half every day for nine years solid, been tobacco free for seven years now and don't miss it. Well, that's not true. I do miss the predictable BMs that came with that first dip of the morning. There was something uniquely gratifying in that itself, but that may be an age thing.

Being a slave to the addiction is what I hated, and that's what many don't understand until they are there. It's powerful. When I quit I had the temper tantrums, the weird dreams, and would even spit in my sleep as though I was dipping (woke myself up doing that).

I don't know if food tastes any better, or if my senses are any more keen, or if my life is somehow enhanced without tobacco in it... but it sure seems like it is.

I'm pulling for ya.

I believe honest prayer straight from the heart works. I had a 3 pack a day habit around 87 or so. I had quit 1000's of times. Went to a 'quit Class" but while the guy was telling everyone what to do, I was praying my heart out for GOD to help me as I could"n help myself. End of story, no more smokeing but I did light 1 up for a sick uncle a while who had no light, had to walk a 100 yds to bum a light, told him he should be proud. Best of the best to you, I believe I would be dead if I had't made that step.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i used chantix tryin to quit dipping, get ready for some dreams that'll make you wake up in the yard with a boner </div></div>
Was the boner filter tipped or regular?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmithE-6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">THANKS YOU, for the support and as for as BOLTRIPPER this is one thing to say I am proud to be a quitter. The FAIL would be to give up( or to quit quitting), I believe this will be the hardest trip I have partaked upon.

It is always easier to continue smoking. But my thinking is like this. If captured, I would rather indure pain and death than to ever give up anything that would endanger my breatheren. Now I have been captured by the addiction of smoking and now it is time to endure my pain for the life of my family.</div></div>

i pray that you stay the course.......

I did the hypnosis deal and haven't smoked cigarettes since 2/3/99. I was a heavy dip, chew, and smoke addict. 2 cartons of cigarettes, roll of snuff, and a pouch or two of Redman a week. After I quit, I put back the same amount of money I was wasting on smokes in a jar and started buying more guns. Turns out I like guns more than menthols, LOL. Nothing works if you don't want to quit. I feel a lot healthier than I use to, even if I don't look like it
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fx77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a teacher in college. He questioned a classmate as to why he took 3 lab courses at once..Kid said he had lots of willpowerand he ould do it.
This led to a lecture by the Prof concerning how young people had no willpower.."Why I stopped smoking 2-3 packs of cigarettes a day for 20 years..I stopped cold just like that" That's willpower boy, and what does a young guy like Uknow about it?

Kid said yes sir, but I gave up Heroin...

So it is relative...

Good luck </div></div>

Though Ive never had to kick Heroin I knew a couple of guys who did. They told me that H is easy compared to cigs. With Heroin you have to seek it out. Change your lifestyle and associations and its not in your face everyday. Cigarettes are everywhere....

Smoked for 30 years, quit for 6. Better breathing, sense of smell (you smokers STINK ;)), and can make love ALLLLL night long.

So two out of three aint bad.

Dont matter how you do it, just do it. And dipping isnt any better- mouth, jaw, and throat cancer isnt any fun.

Good luck on saving your health.

Nobody likes a quitter!! I stopped!!
I stopped smoking in 2006 and haven't smoked since. I quit dipping then also (forgot to put that in there). I was a joint dipper, smoker and drinker (haven't given up drinking in moderation).
1st trick to quiting smoking, do not ever buy smokes! You buy 1 and then you'll have an excuse to buy another!
Don't smoke!!!!! You smoke once and you'll have an excuse to smoke another!

Do that and you'll be fine. After a while you'll notice that when you go to places with a lot of cigarette smoke that your clothes smell like crap and you feel like crap because of the smoke!

You'll feel healthier and your body should heal faster. Food will taste different and once again you'll feel better. This is all progressive so don't expect to go feeling like a million bucks right away! It takes time to get that crap out of your system but when you do you'll notice the difference!

Good luck and stick with it! It'll give you more money for shooting!

I quit dipping my Copenhagen a little over 24hrs ago.

Let me tell you, thats a habit of over 16 years and man it sucks right now.

But the worst day is the first, I am past it, and now every day is a little faster down hill.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmithE-6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">THANKS YOU, for the support and as for as BOLTRIPPER this is one thing to say I am proud to be a quitter. The FAIL would be to give up( or to quit quitting), I believe this will be the hardest trip I have partaked upon.

It is always easier to continue smoking. But my thinking is like this. If captured, I would rather indure pain and death than to ever give up anything that would endanger my breatheren. Now I have been captured by the addiction of smoking and now it is time to endure my pain for the life of my family. </div></div>

Everybody talks at one point in time if enough pressure is applied. If captured your goal is to return with honor and resist the to the "best" of your abilities which is all that can be asked!

Smoking is a different beast!
Good luck and we have faith in you as does your family!
Stick to it and no excuses!

Try big red also, it helps with cravings. Worked for me.

Good luck to you! Unless you're having side effects with the Chantix stay on it for at least 90 to 120 days, you need to develop new habits.

I used it to quit dipping, day 2 and with a full can I just put it down. After 30 successful days I figured I was good - I was for about another 30 until something triggered it - and here I sit typing with a dip in.

Also, keep the exercise going. You're going to eat more, choose the food wisely. Even then you're going to put on some weight, keep the workouts going it will level off after a few months and you'll be able to start losing the extra pounds after that.

DAY 2 of chantix. A DREAM.....

Ok so no waking up in the back yard with a Boner.
However I did wake up at 6:30 this morning. Because of a dream.

In short I was on a massive ELK hunt beautiful day. I caint remember everything that was happening but before I woke up this is the end result.

I was hunting on a mountain knoll just above the hardwood line and getting into evergreens. The trees was spaced just far apart to allow for grass to grow full thick and green. very few scrub bushes. THER IT WAS !!! a very easy 500 yrd broadside shot. head down, slowly and lazily grazing. I take aim squeeze trigger, BOOM perfect placement. Elk drops, throught the scope I see something else drop.
I aproach the elk and the horns melt away the closer I get. Standing on top of it now, it is that a horse? And a few yards away is another horse laying dead. I hear voices and turn around and see like a park or shopping mall. As I look futher there is now a sub division folding around me with people pointing and kids crying and suddenly I gott pee. No I mean I really got to pee shit I wake up and go piss. Now I am wonder WTF was that all about.......

I know there is times when idiots shoot a calf or a pony hell even a glance of white or movement in a bush. Those are idiots, I will not shoot at a object till is is clearly what I am hunting does not present any danger to others or myself. How could I ever make a mistake like that and in public.... Then it hits me.... It is a subleminal fear that I have to miss judge what I know is true. or a want of something so bad, that is all you see...but alas. I finished my piss...

NOW I WAKE UP AND NEED TO PISS. WTF, time on clock is 6:30 am

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1stIDvet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try big red also, it helps with cravings. Worked for me. </div></div>

I am chewing on big red constantly, I am also chewing on cinimon sticks too lol.

Did the Xyban thing and it worked.
Hell, I didn't even want to quit and it worked.
Wife and best freind decided that we would all quit together.
I said ok, I'll give it a shot.
Wouldn't you know it, I'm the only one that quit!

Here is what always got me through,
Quiting sucks, you don't want to have to go through it again.
If you wanted to get any satisfaction from having a smoke, you would have to stop taking the medicine and wait a little over a week.
How stupid would that be...
You would have to wait a week, still have cravings and wouldn't have gotten anywhere except pissed off.

Best of luck to you, it's been 4 years, three months, and 11 days now.
(But who's counting...)
grin.gif

Some people have had changes in behavior, hostility, agitation, depressed mood,overdesire to post your progress, un-natural urge to make others quit smoking with you, feeling "special", asking other men to hold your penis while urinating, purchasing spandex shorts and large oakly shades for running, attempting to start your car after it's been started, rationalizing more firearm purchases with "saved money" or "cigarette money" farting in public areas and walking away, constipation from not smoking on the can, generally looking less "cool" having nothing to go with beer or cocktail, suicidal thoughts or actions while using CHANTIX to help them quit smoking. Some people had these symptoms when they began taking CHANTIX, and others developed them after several weeks of treatment or after stopping CHANTIX. If you, your family, or caregiver notice agitation, hostility, depression, or changes in behavior, thinking, or mood that are not typical for you, or you develop a uterus or suicidal thoughts or actions, anxiety, panic, large pubic taint, un-natural attracting to Ben Affleck, Ben Stein, or any other Ben aggression, anger, mania, abnormal sensations, hallucinations, paranoia, or confusion, thoughts realated to robots, tin foil hats or Sex in the City stop taking CHANTIX and call your doctor right away. Also tell your doctor about any history of depression, rectal penitration or other mental health problems before taking CHANTIX, as these symptoms may worsen while taking CHANTIX.

Quit 11 years ago. Boy do I feel like crap
frown.gif
. Not because I need a cigarette...but because I just got run over by a bulldozer
laugh.gif
. Screw the cigarettes...you're stronger than the damn tobacco company suits. And after you have quit for a little while, your sense of smell returns...do you remember what ----- smells like? Well, it still stinks
grin.gif
You can do it.
OK, sgt snorkle below, smartassiness might get him to remember there are folks pulling for him who go to more effort than "you can do it", you dumbfounded? (I reread the rules).

I'm on day 3 of Zyban right now.

So far its working. I went out to smoke with one of the sgt's in my shop, and I didnt feel a damn thing.

I inhaled a dirty cloud, and exhaled a dirty cloud.

I got no buzz at all. This stuff has given me *zero* urge to smoke. Weird.

So far its working.