• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The #14 or Huns Head target.

MJ1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2012
Seeing a post this morning reminded me of how the Hun's Head or #14 target can be used. At Bisley they set up a replica of a German trench parapet on Little Siberia @ 200 yards with loop holes and they show the #14 for three seconds every seven seconds at random loops and the only points are given for the center of the face 5 and 4. Ten shot strings for a possible 50 points a leg. I did well the first two legs with mid and high 40s but dropped to mid 30 on the last leg in the rain..

I brought two targets home with me and some day I will get a run printed up but here you guys go. Thanks for looking.

Nothing like shooting the McQueen!! It's a VERY addictive discipline with both modern and vintage rifles!!

2 sighters and 10 to count. But not great with rifles without a 10 round box mag!

A great way to burn up ammo though..... :)

Would be great if you can get some targets printed ...they're like hens teeth - last time I shot the course the NRA had to rely on badly printed photocopies!!!

Last edited:
Another project with no spare time to do. There are so few places with live butts to run the McQueen's and clubs and matches refuse to learn anything new.

......it is a labour intensive course of fire. And it is not just live butts that you need......but markers who understand the time limits and can stay awake/concentrate long enough to make the shoot flow well. Sometimes it can be a bit of a challenge for the dazed teenagers down at Bisley :D

Good luck in growing the discipline on your side - I am sure it would be really popular given the chance and the range of action courses you guys seem to like.