• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The 17 gets new glass

SmallBoreSnipers

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2009
Troy, NY
Thought I would share. Just picked this up a few days ago at Walmart for $70. I really like this scope. I think it looks pretty bad @ss on the rifle too.

4-16x40 Crosman Centerpoint Adventure Class
Included tall weaver rings
Target turrets topped off with glove grips
Adjustable objective
Mil dot reticle
Reticle illuminates red or green with brightness settings for both colors
Included flip up lens covers
3" sunshade was purchased after for $10 + shipping
Total cost - $90

001-1.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Even though the scope was pretty cheap, it seems pretty well built. All the parts look and feel quality. Clarity, brightness, and field of view are all great. It holds zero great also. What's also nice is that the sunshade doesn't turn when you turn the AO. No more lop sided flip up. Yes, it has the red/green illuminated reticle, but I don't ever use it. I plan on slapping one of these on the .22 also!

The Bushnell was having a problem where it was running out of elevation even though it should have plenty more to go. I sent it off to them for repair. So what do they do? Send me a new one with the same problem only worse! The reticle was practically centered with the elevation maxed out. It will still work at 50 with the .22. Maybe out to 200 with the 17. But I saw this deal and had to spring for it. So far all is well and I would recommend this as a very decent rimfire scope.

Re: The 17 gets new glass

+1 i use this same scope on my .300 win mag it hold up to the recoil and tracks perfectally, getting cold bore hits at 500 every time, i actually saw a guy on youtube shooting a 17hmr at 500 yards with this same scope. For some reason i can not find a video on it.

i seen reviews people posted saying they were good for a cheap scope tried 2, they didnt track at all and the glass was almost unusable. Maybe i just got 2 consecutive lemons but either way i wont be trying another. That scope was the defining moment of me never buying another cheap scope again. Good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i seen reviews people posted saying they were good for a cheap scope tried 2, they didnt track at all and the glass was almost unusable. Maybe i just got 2 consecutive lemons but either way i wont be trying another. That scope was the defining moment of me never buying another cheap scope again. Good luck. </div></div>

I hear ya man. I had a Bushnell Trophy on my 17 for hunting and it was ok at best, then it broke. Got a cheap Nikon Prostaff for $159 and love it. Now they're on sale at Cabelas for $99!!

tried the centerpoint on the .22 mag, loved it for the price and put one on my .22lr mkii f. i use the mkii for hunter class smallbore silhouette which neccessitates several turret adjustments throughout a match, haven't had any problems with return to zero after 2+ years of use there or regular shooting.

for the price, i do like it MUCH better than BSA, lower priced bushnells, and the rest of the low dollar scopes. i didn't really like the rings it came with, a bit too high and they didn't seem to want to stay tight so i replaced them. still a deal at $70.00 ish at walmart!
22mkiifSCOPEALONEJPG.jpg

TURKEYFALL2010HAT2-WORDED-Copy.jpg

mkiiafterside.jpg

the extra $ for the sunshade isn't too bad, but if using the lens covers that come with the scope, you will have to use some 2 way tape or wrap electrical tape around the end of the sunshade to keep the cover on. there are grooves on the lens cover that mate with the adj. objective, but no grooves are on the sunshade (which i though was a little odd). so the tape sort of works like a shim to keep it on. on the .22 mag i use the weaver polar caps, just had to find one that fit. on the .22lr, i used the rear cap from the one i wasn't using from the .22 mag and fit it inside the sunshade, which saved a few bucks to get another lens cover that'll fit.

only problem i've had so far is that the lens fogged up when sighting in that turkey above, but it was an extremely humid and cool morning, and the fog was on the outside, not the inside. so i had to pass on the first shot, but was able to belly crawl for an hour following the flock until i got a better shot and the atmosphere cooperated with the lens.

other than that i've used the centerpoint on the .22 mag through ice, snow, heat and dusty conditions. other than the fogging story above, i never really had a problem with it since i've had it in the last four years.

it also has and adjustable ocular lens. the lowest light setting for either the red or green color (5 settings each) are still a bit bright for night coyote hunting as that brightness tends to blind you. i've remedied that by using not so fresh batteries.

the turrets have a really nice locking feature, once the locking ring is tightened, the 1/4" adjustment turrets don't move at all.

the illuminated mildot reticle seems to have dots and crosshairs that are thinner than most and at 10x are actually spot on as far as spacing goes. it also offers 6 dots per "side", and a total of 14 reference points along both the vertical and horizontal crosshairs.

when it comes to clarity, it gives quite a crisp and clean image and between the adj. obj. and the adj. ocular, you can get the sight picture and the reticle sharpness "just right". much clearer than most of the BSAs, barskas, bushnells, simmons, etc. that i have compared to it side by side.

the adjustment "hub" is positioned to allow for more than enough room on the 1" tube to allow for eye relief.

the way the "styling" are on the scope, i have no doubt it is the same as leapers or UTG scopes. the only thing that can make this scope better as far as adjustability / functionality is a side focus, IMO. centerpoint / leapers / UTG have other models that have the side focus with midots and many of the same features.

there's also some weight to it which gives it a feel of sturdiness. i know a guy at the range that uses a centerpoint for swapping back and forth on his newer rifles just to get a feel for the rifle before he decides if he want's to keep it and invest more $ into it. he has not had a problem with the scope on any of the centerfires he put it on (and there were many) with numerous rounds downrange.

of course if one does have a problem, there is a lifetime warranty - i hope i don't have to find out if it's worth anything or not.

all in all, when it comes to the under $100.00 or even under $150.00 scopes, i think the centerpoint 4-16X has the carity, features, and a great variable power range that will fit most folks in most situations and is IMO when including the many usable features, better to other brands / models found in that price range.

Glad to hear other people are having great luck with this scope too.

Yeah TP I had to wrap a little electrical tape around the end of the sunshade to keep the objective flip up cover on. Oh well. It works and nobody can see it!

TOP PREDATOR that is a very nice looking camo job in that picture with the turkey. Did you do it yourself?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eclipse57</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TOP PREDATOR that is a very nice looking camo job in that picture with the turkey. Did you do it yourself? </div></div>

yep

I also am running this scope on my Mark 2 TR, it tracks perfect and the mil dots are right on for the drop of Wolf Match Target ammo, Great Scope!