• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The #2 most robust AR15 quad rail on the market?

hypno02

Not Politically Correct
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2006
South Dakota
Alright—we all know LMT MRP is #1.

(please don’t try to argue this)

pic just because
E5-B4-C5-FB-E60-A-437-E-AF26-A54-DF81358-CD.jpg

I’ve always been a fan of simplicity. Therefore I like centurion rails on my non-lmt rifles. In the end—their rails are damn near as sturdy as my mrp’s when it comes to flex.

But here I am looking at the LaRue design and while I am no engineer....I have 0 doubts that this one piece design would have less flex, more robustness, less deflection, and better strength than any DD RIS2, centurion C4, Geissele variant, etc.

@Docsherm is who initially turned me into these larues. I need your input too buddy.

Last edited:
Why do people like grabbing square cheese grater fore ends?
Cos paying for the rail pieces is too much.

Lets face it, most ARs only move between safe-vehicle-range table. Why even look for something light and practical.

That said, sturdiness is probably good for accuracy. But if the connection to the upper is flimsier than the hand guard itself, there is no benefit from it even if the hand guard was made from thick steel.

I’d say the KAC URX, DD, and Hodge would be next in line. BCM, Geissele and Centurion after that.

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of those rails. I’m partial to the URX4, and URX 3.1, but I also really like me Geissele MK16 rails too.

I still want to get a LMT MLOK MRP to match my MWS at some point too...

Don't forget about other monolithic uppers. Mega, vltor and colt made monolithic uppers. But LMT is obviously superior for a number of reasons.

I'd probably vote for DD RIS 2.

Non-quad rail... I like the the mega MKM and larue UU rail attachment method.

Alright—we all know LMT MRP is #1.

(please don’t try to argue this)

pic just because
E5-B4-C5-FB-E60-A-437-E-AF26-A54-DF81358-CD.jpg

I’ve always been a fan of simplicity. Therefore I like centurion rails on my non-lmt rifles. In the end—their rails are damn near as sturdy as my mrp’s when it comes to flex.

But here I am looking at the LaRue design and while I am no engineer....I have 0 doubts that this one piece design would have less flex, more robustness, less deflection, and better strength than any DD RIS2, centurion C4, Geissele variant, etc.

@Docsherm is who initially turned me into these larues. I need your input too buddy.

Number one question: do you plan to have BUIS, a laser, or a Clip-On?

Reactions: Ravenworks
I'll likely be outfitting several rifles. So the yes's and no's will vary.

Devil's advocate--let's say yes to all 3.
Then I would look at the most stable platform available. That would be a Monolithic rail like the MRP. Other then a monolithic rail I would get the most stable platform possible. Remember that light weight means flex and usually a poor mounting system. It is a trade off. for a rock solid rail I would only use a LaRue (MLOK or PIC) or a KAC. I also got a LaRue Stealth 2 Upper with the rail integrated in it. It is rock solid and it is MLOK for those that like that. I would add in a Danial Defense rail if you can get the one piece rail, I have seen way too many 2 piece rails break. Any rail that clamping method to secure it to the barrel nut is problematic. This may actually kill some or the IG fan boys out there but a PIC rail is better in every way other then weight, as long as you are adding some type of aiming devise. If not then the cheapest and lightest rail out there is what you should get.

Then I would look at the most stable platform available. That would be a Monolithic rail like the MRP. Other then a monolithic rail I would get the most stable platform possible. Remember that light weight means flex and usually a poor mounting system. It is a trade off. for a rock solid rail I would only use a LaRue (MLOK or PIC) or a KAC. I also got a LaRue Stealth 2 Upper with the rail integrated in it. It is rock solid and it is MLOK for those that like that. I would add in a Danial Defense rail if you can get the one piece rail, I have seen way too many 2 piece rails break. Any rail that clamping method to secure it to the barrel nut is problematic. This may actually kill some or the IG fan boys out there but a PIC rail is better in every way other then weight, as long as you are adding some type of aiming devise. If not then the cheapest and lightest rail out there is what you should get.

Good info man. I have a couple MRP's that'll be my primary hosts for IR devices but if I want to swap to one of these "secondary" rifles I would prefer to have the strongest rail available. I'll likely get a few ordered!

Reactions: Docsherm
Good info man. I have a couple MRP's that'll be my primary hosts for IR devices but if I want to swap to one of these "secondary" rifles I would prefer to have the strongest rail available. I'll likely get a few ordered!

What Rails are you looking at?

KAC URX 4 for the best --lightest, strongest, most secure. A one piece construction that makes the upper essentially a monolith. Torques on VERY tight and indexes with shims a lot like a muzzle brake does. Doesn't get simpler. That one will be your number one whether you like it or not. It's also not a bad price, considering.

KAC match rail and PRI --Second best, they index and lock up well. Solid. But heavier and costlier than URX4 (until you include the rail sections and accessories, then it puts URX4 about the same pricewise).

URX4 would be easy to knockoff, if you found one made of the proper materials and with the proper geometry then IMO it'd be hard to go wrong. I don't know of any but I'm sure they're out there.

KAC fanboy? Maybe, I'm a fan of the best so as long as they occupy that pedestal, then yeah, I guess I am. But Docsherm explained what I had in mind so I won't repeat it.

It can obviously handle the weight, I love these things, mlok or keymod but came to prefer mlok over time:
IMG_1235.JPG

I have had no issues with mu LaRue rails moving or tje items on them moving.

One thing that i will say is that you ca have the best rail ever, but tbe items that you attach can still be in jeopardy of movement because of thoer attachment method.

If you have a MLOK rail and attach a laser to the side, you need to attach a pic rail section. That section could be your failure point. You have added in another loint of failure. That is why I prefer a Puc rail and all of my mounts have a locking system that cannot come loose. Because of that I need no Loctite.

Just more food for thought.

Attachments

• 20200622_150836.jpg
    20200622_150836.jpg
    527.9 KB · Views: 319
Reactions: hypno02
Cos paying for the rail pieces is too much.

Lets face it, most ARs only move between safe-vehicle-range table. Why even look for something light and practical.

That said, sturdiness is probably good for accuracy. But if the connection to the upper is flimsier than the hand guard itself, there is no benefit from it even if the hand guard was made from thick steel.

How much crap does one need on their AR?

I found the round JP to be ideal, adding bits on it hasn’t been a factor $$ wise

Reactions: Ravenworks
KAC URX 4 for the best --lightest, strongest, most secure. A one piece construction that makes the upper essentially a monolith. Torques on VERY tight and indexes with shims a lot like a muzzle brake does. Doesn't get simpler. That one will be your number one whether you like it or not. It's also not a bad price, considering.

KAC match rail and PRI --Second best, they index and lock up well. Solid. But heavier and costlier than URX4 (until you include the rail sections and accessories, then it puts URX4 about the same pricewise).

URX4 would be easy to knockoff, if you found one made of the proper materials and with the proper geometry then IMO it'd be hard to go wrong. I don't know of any but I'm sure they're out there.

KAC fanboy? Maybe, I'm a fan of the best so as long as they occupy that pedestal, then yeah, I guess I am. But Docsherm explained what I had in mind so I won't repeat it.

It can obviously handle the weight, I love these things, mlok or keymod but came to prefer mlok over time:
View attachment 7578940

Suppressor...understandable
USO Tpal, not ideal but ok.
NV, maybe he likes to shoot shit at night??

But why the IR laser??

View attachment 7578940

Im looking for a quad rail otherwise I’d consider a knights. What would the Knights offer over a larue even if it was a quad?

Im looking for a quad rail otherwise I’d consider a knights. What would the Knights offer over a larue even if it was a quad?
A much more difficult system to attach it that is problematic if it is not assembled 100%........... 🤣

Reactions: hypno02
But what's the point/purpose?? I used them in the military, so what's the point as a civilian??
Subtle military flex + bonus points for throwing in “civilian” a double bonus for the Dodge Challenger/Camaro boys tonight!

Reactions: Strelok
Suppressor...understandable
USO Tpal, not ideal but ok.
NV, maybe he likes to shoot shit at night??

But why the IR laser??
AFTER getting an explanation AND answering his own question:
But what's the point/purpose?? I used them in the military, so what's the point as a civilian??
Where have I heard that before... Oh yeah, FrankenFeinstein's new fucking gun ban. And Biden. And Clinton. And... Who the fuck did you vote for BTW? You do understand the point of fully semi auto AR 14's though, right?

GTFO with that bullshit...

I have had no issues with mu LaRue rails moving or tje items on them moving.

One thing that i will say is that you ca have the best rail ever, but tbe items that you attach can still be in jeopardy of movement because of thoer attachment method.

If you have a MLOK rail and attach a laser to the side, you need to attach a pic rail section. That section could be your failure point. You have added in another loint of failure. That is why I prefer a Puc rail and all of my mounts have a locking system that cannot come loose. Because of that I need no Loctite.

Just more food for thought.

Yes and no. Navy tested 'em, found mlok to be better than keymod but that they both hold shit adequately. I'd argue you need loctite on ANY screw that's on a firearm though. And I'd argue anything mounted on a rifle that isn't a range toy needs to have zipties, tape or 550 cord or some combination of the three. That PEQ is ziptied on and the KAC rail sections come with loctite on the screws already, not to mention they go on pretty snug. Still, URX4 is a one piece unit and it's that which makes it as solid as it is.

Because of how we USED rails vs. how we THOUGHT we'd use 'em, it's interesting to see how some military mfg.'s have gone to plastic rails --IWI and FN for two, and I gotta admit, for what we do use them for it really doesn't matter. Coupled with a full length rail on top and something adequate to handle a vert grip at the 6 and all is well. An aiming laser usually goes on the top rail where if it's just for the illum. it can go on the side and it doesn't matter if it holds a zero as long as it doesn't go anywhere.

The negative mount space has a lot going for it, less weight and size, and if you're not using the space for anything at all then it really makes a difference. They both have their pros and cons, I never thought one so superior I felt I needed to modify and upgrade all my shit over it. Navy tested 'em though and found mlok to be superior to keymod but that they both were adequate for what they were designed to do, solid, etc. Nobody mounts optics or aiming devices to negative spaces, with the exception of some lasers.

I still think the Larue QD junk is, well, junk --I've got some of it too and didn't wanna believe it back when LL was bitching about 'em. But he was right. They fuck up rails and the rings are shit. Not to mention QD isn't really necessary (for me --I thought it was at one time though, we all did). But I think they make a copy of the KAC match rail? Or it's basically the same thing.

Nice rifle BTW.

Reactions: Snapper314
Subtle military flex + bonus points for throwing in “civilian” a double bonus for the Dodge Challenger/Camaro boys tonight!
The real question is do they have crye combat pants on or just boxers when they larp through their house?

Personally, I always larp naked because of the off chance an intruder comes in and sees my micropenis and laughs that gives me an extra second or two to engage first.

Last edited:
AFTER getting an explanation AND answering his own question:

Where have I heard that before... Oh yeah, FrankenFeinstein's new fucking gun ban. And Biden. And Clinton. And... Who the fuck did you vote for BTW? You do understand the point of fully semi auto AR 14's though, right?

GTFO with that bullshit...

Yes and no. Navy tested 'em, found mlok to be better than keymod but that they both hold shit adequately. I'd argue you need loctite on ANY screw that's on a firearm though. And I'd argue anything mounted on a rifle that isn't a range toy needs to have zipties, tape or 550 cord or some combination of the three. That PEQ is ziptied on and the KAC rail sections come with loctite on the screws already, not to mention they go on pretty snug. Still, URX4 is a one piece unit and it's that which makes it as solid as it is.

Because of how we USED rails vs. how we THOUGHT we'd use 'em, it's interesting to see how some military mfg.'s have gone to plastic rails --IWI and FN for two, and I gotta admit, for what we do use them for it really doesn't matter. Coupled with a full length rail on top and something adequate to handle a vert grip at the 6 and all is well. An aiming laser usually goes on the top rail where if it's just for the illum. it can go on the side and it doesn't matter if it holds a zero as long as it doesn't go anywhere.

The negative mount space has a lot going for it, less weight and size, and if you're not using the space for anything at all then it really makes a difference. They both have their pros and cons, I never thought one so superior I felt I needed to modify and upgrade all my shit over it. Navy tested 'em though and found mlok to be superior to keymod but that they both were adequate for what they were designed to do, solid, etc. Nobody mounts optics or aiming devices to negative spaces, with the exception of some lasers.

I still think the Larue QD junk is, well, junk --I've got some of it too and didn't wanna believe it back when LL was bitching about 'em. But he was right. They fuck up rails and the rings are shit. Not to mention QD isn't really necessary (for me --I thought it was at one time though, we all did). But I think they make a copy of the KAC match rail? Or it's basically the same thing.

Nice rifle BTW.

You need to calm the fuck down hoss!! If you and your fellow fucking mall ninja biddies want to go out at night and jerk each other off to the site of your little gay IR beams laser show that's your fucking deal..

I was simply asking what's the point of your whole set-up, But honestly I think it was clear the moment everybody saw your operator as fuck picture..

( @NoLegs24 see brother this is the exact reason why I'm making it my personal mission to call out SR-25 owners, They just ruin it for everybody, But oh well let's play ball)

Don't come at me sideways, I forgotten more about running semi-autos than you'll ever know. But I see that I've wounded your fucking poser pride by asking you to justify your overcompensated wannabe operator stick....

You may think that you actually look cool and maybe you did to one or two of the other mall ninjas on here, but any real shooter worth his salt instantly saw this mental image of you as soon as you posted that picture.. lol

IMG_1199.JPG

But cool dude, you do you. Say hi to your other buddies at the airsoft club for me.

Last edited:
Just because you don't see the need, doesn't mean there isn't one for someone else. In a hunting situation, IR lasers can be extremely helpful. Same situation as you "operator as fuck" types. Except the targets are coyotes or pigs instead of pig fuckers.

Reactions: Snapper314