• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The 2022 Scout Sniper Association raffle rifle, tickets are now on sale!

USMCSGT0331

🔫
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 23, 2013
    Minnesota
    www.snipershide.com
    Edit: Raffle tickets are now available on the SSA's website!

https://scoutsniper.org/2022-m70-winchester-sniper-rifle-raffle/

DSC08239-2048x1026.jpg

DSC08233-scaled.jpg

The SSA just posted a teaser of their upcoming 2022 raffle rifle on Instagram! I posted this info here in the vintage section because the raffle rifle appears to be some sort of Winchester M70 Vietnam War era USMC sniper rifle! The raffle rifle was also photographed alongside Carlos Hathcock's Vietnam War issued M70! More information on the raffle rifle will be posted this weekend, but I can tell you is that it's an epic clone build using original USMC M70 sniper rifle takeoff parts!

The rifle is going to be unveiled this weekend at the Gathering of Snipers at 7 Foxtrot Firearms Training Complex in Pearsall, TX. Guardian Long Range is also holding a match there this weekend, so it's going to be an awesome event! The raffle tickets will be up for sale sometime before Christmas and the drawing will be held on March 17th (03/17, the USMC Scout Sniper MOS is 0317).

p9uyddr.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/usmc_scout_sniper_association/?hl=en
    https://7foxtrot.com/trainingcomplex/
    https://guardianlongrange.com/matches

Last edited:
    Here's the full photos of these two rifles. As you can see from the photos, even though these are both Winchester 70 sniper rifles, there's numerous differences between the two of them. Both types were used by USMC snipers in Vietnam. Some snipers preferred the stability of the heavy marksman stock, other snipers preferred the lightweight and more maneuverable sporter stock. The SSA is going to reveal which rifle is the next raffle rifle and which rifle is Carlos Hathcock's rifle tomorrow after the Guardian Long Range match.

6Pn4Fz3.jpeg

ToXwede.jpeg

I am amazed at the use and sanctioning of fb and instacrap?
    Disturbs and saddens me actually...

Last edited:
    Gentlemen, it's time to grab your tickets for the 2022 Scout Sniper Association rifle raffle! This year's rifle is pretty epic, it's a Vietnam War era Winchester M70 clone that's been built with original USMC take-off parts and a civilian receiver in the USMC M70 serial number range! The SSA is a great organization and all the funds raised from this raffle will be used to support the USMC sniper community (lots of gear and supplies gets send to active duty and deployed units!). Please check out the SSA's website to learn more about the organization and what they do. The drawing for this raffle is going to be held on March 17th (03/17, the USMC Scout Sniper MOS), I wish best of luck to all those who participate! Please let me know if you have any questions about the raffle, rifle or the SSA.

Here's a link to the SSA's website, it has all the raffle rifle information and a some great photos of the gun! You can only purchase tickets through the SSA's website:

DSC08239-2048x1026.jpg

DSC08233-scaled.jpg

DSC08191-scaled.jpg

DSC08206-scaled.jpg

DSC08197-scaled.jpg

Ryan,

Just noticed the Allen screws securing the action...

Probably better to use that hardware but curious would it have been used originally?

It's not a critique just a question.

Reactions: USMCSGT0331
    Ryan,

Probably better to use that hardware but curious would it have been used originally?

That's a good catch, I didn't even notice that! These might have been screws that the 2112 had on hand. I sent him all the parts in a box and I probably forgot to include screws. I'll try and dig up some older slotted screws that would be period correct.

Just found these, they might be screws I forgot to include with all the other M70 parts. I'll send them down to Sinner Mass (they're the FFL holding onto the raffle rifle and they'll send it to the winner's FFL) and have them swap the screws. It's an easy 30 second fix.

5Qppnj8.jpeg

Last edited:
    That's a good catch, I didn't even notice that! These might have been screws that the 2112 had on hand. I sent him all the parts in a box and I probably forgot to include screws. I'll try and dig up some older slotted screws that would be period correct.

Just found these, they might be screws I forgot to include with all the other M70 parts. I'll send them down to Sinner Mass (they're the FFL holding onto the raffle rifle and they'll send it to the winner's FFL) and have them swap the screws. It's an easy 30 second fix.

5Qppnj8.jpeg

It wasnt criticism just saw it and wondered.

Reactions: USMCSGT0331
    Ryan,

The real shooting team target stock M70s still at the shop have Allen key screws, there is one out of 6 that has flat head screws. So both are correct. Easier for me to torque the action screws when I built that M70.

The real shooting team target stock M70s still at the shop have Allen key screws, there is one out of 6 that has flat head screws. So both are correct. Easier for me to torque the action screws when I built that M70.
    Hey any chance we can hear details of the ones still there? Like serial ranges and barrel dates? Pics would be awesome!

I've been trying to find out details of those rifles every since I talked with the team Captain two years ago and he described them to me. lol

Thanks again to all who have bought tickets, I can say that the raffle winner is going to win an absolutely amazing rifle. It was an honor to have the opportunity to build and test the rifle, a lot of love and dedication went into its construction. She shot 1.5 MOA with a 5 round group at 300 twice and I was very happy with that considering an original barrel was used. I bore scoped the barrel with a Hawkeye and the barrel's lands and grooves looked great and the barrel still has a lot of life left. After doing the trigger job the trigger came out perfect right around 3.5 LBS and super clean...again thank you for buying tickets and please continue to spread the word about the raffle and give more people the chance to own a piece of history!

Thanks again to all who have bought tickets, I can say that the raffle winner is going to win an absolutely amazing rifle. It was an honor to have the opportunity to build and test the rifle, a lot of love and dedication went into its construction. She shot 1.5 MOA with a 5 round group at 300 twice and I was very happy with that considering an original barrel was used. I bore scoped the barrel with a Hawkeye and the barrel's lands and grooves looked great and the barrel still has a lot of life left. After doing the trigger job the trigger came out perfect right around 3.5 LBS and super clean...again thank you for buying tickets and please continue to spread the word about the raffle and give more people the chance to own a piece of history!

Thanks again for donating your time and expertise to build this rifle for us, SSgt Meyers! Without your assistance, this raffle would be for a bunch of old rifle parts tossed into a box! I still can't believe how amazing this rifle is, it's truly an epic clone build!

Tickets make great Christmas presents by the way…
    Absolutely! No need to fight the crowds at a store trying to get a last minute stocking stuffer, just grab a few sets of tickets for your family/friends while enjoying some whiskey at home!

Thank you to everyone who have bought tickets! The winner better take this rifle hunting and post some photos!

Ticket sales for this years SSA rifle raffle ends tonight at midnight, get them while you still can! Thanks again to everyone who has purchased tickets and good luck tomorrow with the drawing! You can watch it live on the Scout Sniper Association's Facebook page, Tim will draw the winning number at 3:17pm EST (keeping with the 03/17 day, 0317 MOS theme, lol).

Gentlemen, thank you again for your generosity and for participating in the SSA's 2022 rifle raffle! This year's turnout was excellent and we truly appreciate it!

The drawing for the M70 is going to be held live on the SSA's Facebook page at 3:17 EST, so it's coming up within the next hour. They have a public Facebook account, so you don't need an account to view the drawing on their Facebook page. Here's a link to the SSA's page if you to watch the drawing:

https://www.facebook.com/USMCSSA/