• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos The .22 and .17 don't cut it any longer...

Brians708

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2009
Central Texas
After a few years of playing with rim fire my 10 yr old daughter wanted to graduate into something more.

Friday morning she shot the Rem 5R in .223 at the 100yr range from the bench. After a few fam fire shots she held 2 ea. 1" - 5 shot groups.

Saturday she went prone shooting pigs (steel silhouettes) at 300M and Rams at 500m. She was about 90%.
She also rocked the 24" Colt AR on the Rams at 500M, 7 out of 8!

Re: The .22 and .17 don't cut it any longer...

You must be very proud of your daughter. I am waiting for mine to be just a bit older to do the same thing.

I seen her do it...

the kid shoot better than her dad..... laffin'

Brian did a fair bit of shooting as well... consistently sub MOA out to 500m....

I can't wait to get my little girl shootin' centerfire! She's a shooter like her father!

Dats right Wil, she done good. And thanks for your patients and lending her your fine spotting support.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brians708</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dats right Wil, she done good. And thanks for your patients and lending her your fine spotting support. </div></div>

It was my pleasure man... seeing her shoot that well was well worth it...

Good teaching dad. You really must be proud.

Rose, negative- There is a 5 yr old right behind her that will be "training-up".

Wil, it was easy, I was just following your vapor trail bro!

... I know, "don't tailgate me Bro"

How 'bout when she's done?
grin.gif

I thought the art of teaching a child to do any thing outdoors had been lost to video games, computers and Ipods
She shows there is still hope... Congrats to the both of you.