• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The .22LR safe reduction sale (Marlin 39M, BSA Martini MKII and MKIII)

Basher

I fly stuff and I know things.
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2004
Lafayette IN, USA
Well, I'm a little rustier than I thought with IFR flight stuff (not awful, but I haven't done much of it in the past three years and I need to brush up before I can learn how to teach it haha!), and I have a few other projects that need to get wrapped up, so a few more .22s need to move down the road. Hopefully these are the last of them that I have to sell, but their sacrifice will be worth it in the long run!

*SPF!* For sale is a nice Marlin 39M Mountie made in 1982 per the serial (first two digits are 18) with a JM stamp. I don't know if the front sight hood is original, honestly, and I don't have the receiver plug screws should you choose to remove the scope base, but replacements should be fairly easy to locate. The "Marlin Bullseye" on the bottom of the stock is present and in good shape. This is a super smooth little carbine that shoulders naturally and is quite accurate. No box, just the rifle as you see it here (rifle, scope base, hammer spur). Mounties are a little harder to find, so I'm asking $680 shipped on this one, OBO.

*SPF! Next is a lovely BSA Martini International MKII in .22LR. This rifle shows obvious use on the metal and wood, through nothing excessive or indicating any abuse, just honest use with age. The trigger is PHENOMENAL. I don't have a trigger weight gauge, but if this thing isn't breaking in the low ounces, I'll be shocked. No take-up, no over travel, just a light break like a thin glass rod. The action is also buttery smooth and light. The wood on this one has some very nice grain, especially the rear stock which has some beautiful tiger striping to it! Note that, as configured, there are no peep sights, just the custom scope base. I do have a Redfield Palma rear sight I'd include for an additional $170. As pictured, I'm asking $1000 shipped OBO.

I also have a BSA Martini International MKIII in .22LR as a complete setup that I still need to get some photos of. Rifle is in excellent condition overall. Has a regular stock with an added Al Freeland adjustable butt pad, a second, positional stock with an under-arm hook and a front palm rest, Freeland front globe, PH25C rear sight w/ adjustable iris aperature (needs some TLC), and a Lyman Targetspot 15x scope (optics are fine, but turrets are stiff and lens caps appear to be crossthreaded, though they appear salvagable). Comes in a hard case. Trigger and action are smooth and light on this one as well! These will run in the same pack as an Annie or other premium match .22 rifle for significantly less! Shipping will be expensive on this one, so I'm asking $1450 shipped west of the Mississippi and $1500 east of it. That's several hundred less than you'd normally pay for a complete, numbers matching setup such as this!

Please note that your FFL must accept from an individual! The only trades I'm looking for would be:

-NightForce 1.375" high, 30mm 20MOA Cantilevered Unimount
-Badger 30mm 20MOA Unimount (P/N: 306-97 or 306-96)
-Seekins 30mm/20MOA cantilevered mount
-Spuhr SP-4006 (34mm, 0MOA, 1.35" high)
-ARC M10 QD-L mount for 34mm rings, 35mm high, 0MOA
-Vudoo 18-20” barreled action (cutting back a bit on CF shooting, so need a good trainer)

Any questions, just ask. Thanks!

Last edited: