• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

the 7mm Practical???

Take a look at the 7 Rogue designed by Travis Redill of RBros Rifles.
I am getting 3100 FPS with the 180 Bergers in a 26" barrel.Very similar to the Practical or Mashburn, but a little more performance I believe.
As far as I am concerned, a 7 mm based on the 300 WM case is about ideal for performance/ barrel life expectations.

Raptor, although I am a novice reloader. I am seriously considering choosing this caliber for the build I'm doing in May. Obviously with help from my gunsmith. LoL. I'm actually quite excited about this.
Also, blue jazz, given that I am a novice reloader, and I mean very novice. Would you think its too much for me to load for a 7mm Practical.

Last edited:
Raptor, although I am a novice reloader. I am seriously considering choosing this caliber for the build I'm doing in May. Obviously with help from my gunsmith. LoL. I'm actually quite excited about this.
Also, blue jazz, given that I am a novice reloader, and I mean very novice. Would you think its too much for me to load for a 7mm Practical.
I think you will have no trouble loading for a 7 Practical, or any other caliber. Reloading is very easy and rewarding. I only shoot my own ammo, and never did shoot factory.
Get yourself the 180's and Retumbo or H1000.
I use 73gr of H1000, but don't start there.

Last edited:
I'm also very new to reloading. 1.5 Years or so. Loaded most common calipers. I was planning on going with a 260 but the 7 practical has me reading up. The goal was to use my rem 700 308 action originally but not so sure now with this 7mm stuff.

The 308 is great but wouldn't mind a little more performance and efficient while keeping cost per round reasonable.

I'm also very new to reloading. 1.5 Years or so. Loaded most common calipers. I was planning on going with a 260 but the 7 practical has me reading up. The goal was to use my rem 700 308 action originally but not so sure now with this 7mm stuff.

The 308 is great but wouldn't mind a little more performance and efficient while keeping cost per round reasonable.
Do both, which is what I did.
My 7 Rogue is my longrangehunting hunting rifle . I thick Travis(RBros) has got a great hunting platform here. Just got my Manners EH-1 and sending back my barreled action for bedding to RBros. With a NXS 5.5x22 on it, it will weight less than 10#
Now that is a hell of a hunting rifle built for longrangehunting with plenty of energy to take elk in a package that is carriable. You will need a long action for any 7 built on the 300 WM case.
Getting a 260 so I can do a lot of shooting without burning up the 7 Rogue

How's your cost per round for the 7 rogue?
Yes that sounds like one hell of a rifle for putting food on the dinner table!
I wonder if the 260 will be disappointing to you once you can compare it to the 7. The 260 or 260ai still make sense to me but I'm always looking for the best bang for my Buck.

I guess I don't know what my cost per round is, as I am only interested in loading the most accurate ammo for my rifle, so I reload.
As far as the 260 , there won't be any disappointment, as I used to have a 6.5x47 built by RBros that was a tack driver and a joy to shoot. Should have never sold it years ago.

I can run a few numbers after dinner but when I ment cost per round I ment for the components that shoot the best for your load/s .

We'll let's see,
I use 300WM brass, 73gr H1000, and 180 Berger hunting bullet. i get 6-7 reloadsout of the brass, so I will let you do the math