• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Abel Table by Abel Company USA

hic28

The Legman
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2017
Hey everyone,

Heres a new product you may have heard @Lowlight talking about on episode 64 of the Everyday Sniper.

The Abel Table by Abel Company USA.

www.abelcousa.com
https://abelcousa.com/products/abel-table-enhanced

Dimensions: 8.25" x 5.65" x .850"
Material: 6061 Aluminum
Finish: Type III Anodize
Weight: 9 Oz

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 1.38.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 1.39.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 1.39.12 PM.png

Highlights:
- All slots are magpul M-Lok compatible
- integrated dovetail for RRS or arka swiss rail clamps
- 4 QD mounts
- 2x 1/4-20 threaded holes on either side
- center has 4x 1/4-20 threaded holes and 3/8-16 in the very center which is compatible with all RRS accessories.
- Extremely strong and lightweight
- cutouts for holding binoculars

We used these heavily at the SHC Team challenge last weekend as well as NRL matches since the table has been developed.

Here are some options on how the table can be deployed while spotting or ranging targets.

IMG_3253.JPG
IMG_4521.JPG
IMG_5193.JPG

Here you can see the extra RRS clamp on top holding the Spotter45 and a prototype plate for the RRS microballhead supporting the Terrapin. Having all your tools right at hand is a huge help when hunting prairie dogs or steel.
IMG_5615.jpg

I was able to make hits on the 1050y target from the standing on friday while using just a Waxed canvas Game changer. There was about a 13-15mph left to right wind. Held 1.5 mils and ding. The benefit I've found to this is the rifle does not hop like when it is clamped into the tripod.
IMG_5635.jpg

Stage 2 on day one. Only dropped 1 - 3rd round hit of 12 shots. So stable it felt like shooting prone.

IMG_5643.jpg

Stage 4 Day 1. Jorge didnt have the height to look down at target one so we put him on top and i stood under him with 2x tables, game changer on its side and tab rear bag in the rear. Again, might as well have been prone it was so stable.

Updates to come**

Questions are more than welcome!

Last edited:
I've been playing around with mine, and can add, these are indeed very well made and the design well thought out. Totally planning on using it for a prairie dog hunt this summer as well.

Thanks for posing the links! Ill add to the main post also.

do you have a piece to attach for my beer? kidding, great looking piece of kit. I was skeptical but it looks very functional.

I shot with the Abelco guys last week and liked the Table so much I bought 2, one for myself and one for a friend. They're very well thought out and although I don't plan on mounting so much stuff on mine I've used it already. My rifles don't all have RRS dovetail rails on them and the Table makes a great platform to strap a Gamechanger bag on and makes a rock steady rest for a rifle.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarinePMI
I bought one last week at a class and they are top notch. So are the guys making them.

Getting a new batch tomorrow, we’ll be in Wyoming for the ELR match this weekend and I’ll cook some brats on one

Reactions: tnichols
In Wyoming at Q-Creek and have 7 Tables with me, find me if you want one!

At first listening to the podcast and looking it up, I was ehhh at best, but precision rifle office set up you have there is very nice.

What are the attachment kits for the terapin and the kestrel? IE: the MLOK pieces of metal that attach to the table? I had been amazoning for the past month trying to figure out the best solution for setting up kit like that. and having it be modular all in one sort of situation like that.

What are the attachment kits for the terapin and the kestrel? IE: the MLOK pieces of metal that attach to the table? I had been amazoning for the past month trying to figure out the best solution for setting up kit like that. and having it be modular all in one sort of situation like that.

The plate that is holding the terrapin is being machined right now and should be on the website by the end of next week. There will be 2 different sizes plates. Here is the smaller of the two. (RRS mini ballhead not included)
096DBAC5-032F-473F-88AF-4A7ADBD25C4F.png

The MLOK rail is just a magpul mlok rail that can be found pretty much anywhere, attached to that is a badger kestrel holder.

Any thoughts on using this and fortune cookie vs a direct mounted pig saddle? I use a direct mounted pig saddle for hunting and to hold my Leica LRF binoculars. Gets the job done without spending a ton of money. However, a mini fortune cookie is also always in my field kit. Switching to a table + bag instead of a Pig saddle would save me about a pound of weight, and be more universal no matter what type of rifle or binocs my hunting buddies have.

I shoot off the table with a bag all the time. At the gunwerks match last weekend I was showing it to another competitor and hit an elk target at 1268ish standing with my first shot.

Any thoughts on using this and fortune cookie vs a direct mounted pig saddle? I use a direct mounted pig saddle for hunting and to hold my Leica LRF binoculars. Gets the job done without spending a ton of money. However, a mini fortune cookie is also always in my field kit. Switching to a table + bag instead of a Pig saddle would save me about a pound of weight, and be more universal no matter what type of rifle or binocs my hunting buddies have.
Save shooting from a direct attached tripod, IMHO shooting off the table with a bag is actually more stable (to me anyways) than the hog saddle. Plus it gives me the option of multiple engagements without readjusting the saddle (in the case of multiple prairie dogs for instance). In it's day, the hog saddle was the schiznitz, but there are much better options these days. JMHO...

Save shooting from a direct attached tripod, IMHO shooting off the table with a bag is actually more stable (to me anyways) than the hog saddle. Plus it gives me the option of multiple engagements without readjusting the saddle (in the case of multiple prairie dogs for instance). In it's day, the hog saddle was the schiznitz, but there are much better options these days. JMHO...

I agree. I just picked up a phoneskope so I’ll do a stability video of shooting off it

Reactions: MarinePMI
Hey everyone,

Heres a new product you may have heard @Lowlight talking about on episode 64 of the Everyday Sniper.

The Abel Table by Abel Company USA.

www.abelcousa.com
https://abelcousa.com/products/abel-table-enhanced

Dimensions: 8.25" x 5.65" x .850"
Material: 6061 Aluminum
Finish: Type III Anodize
Weight: 9 Oz

View attachment 6910683View attachment 6910684View attachment 6910685

Highlights:
- All slots are magpul M-Lok compatible
- integrated dovetail for RRS or arka swiss rail clamps
- 4 QD mounts
- 2x 1/4-20 threaded holes on either side
- center has 4x 1/4-20 threaded holes and 3/8-16 in the very center which is compatible with all RRS accessories.
- Extremely strong and lightweight
- cutouts for holding binoculars

We used these heavily at the SHC Team challenge last weekend as well as NRL matches since the table has been developed.

Here are some options on how the table can be deployed while spotting or ranging targets.

View attachment 6910686View attachment 6910688View attachment 6910689
Here you can see the extra RRS clamp on top holding the Spotter45 and a prototype plate for the RRS microballhead supporting the Terrapin. Having all your tools right at hand is a huge help when hunting prairie dogs or steel.
View attachment 6910687
I was able to make hits on the 1050y target from the standing on friday while using just a Waxed canvas Game changer. There was about a 13-15mph left to right wind. Held 1.5 mils and ding. The benefit I've found to this is the rifle does not hop like when it is clamped into the tripod.
View attachment 6910691
Stage 2 on day one. Only dropped 1 - 3rd round hit of 12 shots. So stable it felt like shooting prone.

View attachment 6910693
Stage 4 Day 1. Jorge didnt have the height to look down at target one so we put him on top and i stood under him with 2x tables, game changer on its side and tab rear bag in the rear. Again, might as well have been prone it was so stable.

Updates to come**

Questions are more than welcome!

Are y’all using these setups on timed stages? Curious how cumbersome they are getting set to the correct orientation/height, especially when using as a rear or two together. Probably more of a tripod in general question than the table attachment, but I’ve never used either.

Are y’all using these setups on timed stages? Curious how cumbersome they are getting set to the correct orientation/height, especially when using as a rear or two together. Probably more of a tripod in general question than the table attachment, but I’ve never used either.

Yes, however it depends on the length of time. Some stages are just too quick to set up a tripod. The tripods are quick to setup if you have them premarked for sitting/kneeling/standing

Great feedback, thanks! Is it safe to assume this is not dependent on the presence of a ballhead, etc?

Any affiliation with https://abelreels.com ?

I fished with/ate dinner with the guy who owns (or President of?) Able Reels at TRR in Idaho. They make superlative gear, but you pay for it... I've never bought it for myself, but I've bought stuff as gifts for fishermen who have everything...

Home of the $85 fingernail clippers and the $300 Pliers (and no these weren't made for The Space Shuttle).

Any affiliation with https://abelreels.com ?

I fished with/ate dinner with the guy who owns (or President of?) Able Reels at TRR in Idaho. They make superlative gear, but you pay for it... I've never bought it for myself, but I've bought stuff as gifts for fishermen who have everything...

Home of the $85 fingernail clippers and the $300 Pliers (and no these weren't made for The Space Shuttle).

Nope, no relation

Great feedback, thanks! Is it safe to assume this is not dependent on the presence of a ballhead, etc?
Nope, but a ballhead or leveling base does give a greater range of adjustment for high angle shots. Still, not really needed (just orient the bag).

The plate that is holding the terrapin is being machined right now and should be on the website by the end of next week. There will be 2 different sizes plates. Here is the smaller of the two. (RRS mini ballhead not included)View attachment 6916905

The MLOK rail is just a magpul mlok rail that can be found pretty much anywhere, attached to that is a badger kestrel holder.

Any updates on the mount for the terrapin? Also what is it called? Thanks.

Any updates on the mount for the terrapin? Also what is it called? Thanks.

Adapters are ready to go, and will be up on the site tomorrow morning. FYI, you'll still need an ARCA/RRS Plate on the LRF as well as a lever clamp, or micro ball head to attach to the adapter. Just look at the pic @hic28 posted to get an idea of what I'm talking about...

Reactions: Covertnoob5
I shoot off the table with a bag all the time. At the gunwerks match last weekend I was showing it to another competitor and hit an elk target at 1268ish standing with my first shot.

Regarding this kind of stability, how dependent is it on tripod construction? Wondering if it's a bit more forgiving since the rifle isn't directly mounted to the tripod. I see you're using a RRS, and that's obviously the gold standard. I'm using a Pig short tripod, but only for kneeling and sitting positions. Tried standing shots with a rifle directly mounted in a RRS leveling base, and it just wasn't stable enough to make hits at distance from the standing position.

Regarding this kind of stability, how dependent is it on tripod construction? Wondering if it's a bit more forgiving since the rifle isn't directly mounted to the tripod. I see you're using a RRS, and that's obviously the gold standard. I'm using a Pig short tripod, but only for kneeling and sitting positions. Tried standing shots with a rifle directly mounted in a RRS leveling base, and it just wasn't stable enough to make hits at distance from the standing position.

Yes, it's more forgiving for getting onto target, and using a good bag, I'd say it's about as stable as a direct connect. That being said, standing shots are hard regardless, and take some practice. A leveling base and an RRS/Feisol CF tripod is about as stable as you can get with a direct connect system. Standing shots should be easily accomplished IME.

Received my Able Table yesterday. Super fast delivery and very pleasant company/person to work with! I've been dry firing from it with a bag & on my Feisol.....surprisingly stable.

This looks like a good setup. I'm looking for an upgrade and this certainly makes some sense. Good thread, good pictures. Love that spotter - beautiful piece of kit.

On a long drive home.. my face sunburned...

Spotted this Handsome dude @hic28 sporting the coolest table setups ever..

Bet his face is not burnt to a crisp~

View attachment 7072680

LOL! And managed to catch my narrow ass off to the right. It wasn't that bad yesterday, but I think most of us got a little color (except hic28 of course). :)

• Love
Reactions: Diver160651

Great to meet you this is Jim T - from your squad. I learned I am way to old to pull an all night-er .. AND that@NoLegs24 read that twitchy wind way, way better than anyone..
Unknown-12.jpeg

Off Topic, but you were an amazingly well organized Squad leader ~ sorry I bugged out so fast, I wanted to see how far I could get home before I fell asleep.. Made it home by 10pm and didn't crash..

Reactions: Fig and MarinePMI
Great to meet you this is Jim T - from your squad. I learned I am way to old to pull an all night-er .. AND that@NoLegs24 read that twitchy wind way, way better than anyone..
View attachment 7073015
Off Topic, but you were an amazingly well organized Squad leader ~ sorry I bugged out so fast, I wanted to see how far I could get home before I fell asleep.. Made it home by 10pm and didn't crash..

Jim,

LOL! Great to meet you too! Yeah, I saw your location on your Avatar and figured it was you (I remember the "Bay area" comment" and your long drive). Yeah, NoLegs24 was reading the wind well yesterday (in spite of the horrific mirage). And thanks for the compliment, but it is really just having RO'ed squads so many times, that it gets to be habit after a while (getting everyone up and on the line quickly and efficiently). Hopefully, everyone had fun and learned a few more things.

No worries on bugging out quickly, that was a hell of a long drive for a one day match. I'm glad you could make it again, and hope to see you again the future!

(Sorry for the topic derail everyone)

Reactions: Diver160651