• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Absolute Coolest Website I Have Ever Found

shankster..

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2004
North Idaho
http://www.retronaut.com/2011/12/christmas-guns/

Pick a decade, post a search term:

296.jpg

448.jpg

358.jpg

540.jpg

736.jpg

835.jpg

1141-300x365.jpg

238-300x302.jpg

1192-300x495.jpg

Lovely-300x205.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Post yours.</span>

Re: The Absolute Coolest Website I Have Ever Found

128-300x426.jpg

"US Army Preventive Maintenance Manual for the M16A1 Rifle, published by PS Magazine in a comic book form. The idea was that young, uneducated soldiers were more likely to read comics than boring military manuals. This one was illustrated by the prominent comic artist Will Eisner.”

http://www.retronaut.com/2012/07/m16a1-rifle-comic-1968/

Nazi Auto Union Racing Car, 1930s

Hitlers-racing-car-1.jpg

Hitlers-racing-car-2.jpg

Hitlers-racing-car-3.jpg

Stamp.jpg

“Auto Union, founded in 1932, was an amalgamation of four German automobile manufacturers. Its Chairman, Klaus, Baron von Oertzen, wanted a show piece project to announce the new brand. At the 1933 Berlin Motor Show, German Chancellor Adolf Hitler announced a state-sponsored motor racing programme: to develop a “high speed German automotive industry”
“At fellow director’s Adolf Rosenberger insistence, von Oertzen, Dr. Ferdinand Porsche, German racing driver Hans Stuck, and Rosenberger approached the Chancellor. In a meeting in the Reich Chancellory, Hitler agreeed to pay 40,000 for the country’s best racing car of 1934, as well as an annual stipend of 250,000 Reichmarks each for Mercedes and Auto Union.”

<span style="font-weight: bold">FYI: (Auto Union is now Audi)</span>

Very cool find! The things from my youth brought back some memories. Thanks for sharing Shank!

Fantastic stuff.

Sad part is that I not only remember some of those ads from the 1970's, but I spent lots of time leaving Outdoor Life and Field and Stream issues conveniently open on those pages at certain times of year...

Cheers,

Sirhr

How to pick the right woman

What! 118lbs! Unacceptable! Time to hit the gym, fatty. hahah

Mamie.jpg

I used to read the heck out of those PM manuals. Connie and the old Master sergeant were pretty cool. Never knew the back-story about Connie though.