• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors The Alpha Class of Suppressor Covers - Liberty's Defense

Glassaholic

Optical theorist and conjecturer
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 30, 2012
    Panhandle, FL
    I've gone through a few suppressor covers in the years I've owned suppressors and the best (IMHO) is from Liberty's Defense, they have a unique thermal technology along with a solid lockup method (no more shooting your suppressor 25 feet out from the bench cause the cover slipped and a bullet catches the edge). And right now they are offering 15% off for Veterans Day.

Thank you to all of our veterans and we hope everyone has a great Veterans Day! We appreciate your support and for trusting us to make you the best products possible to fit your specific needs. Click on the photo above to link to our webstore and use the code veterans-day-15 to get 15% off regular priced items now through Sunday 11/12/2023.

Take care and I am happy to be at your service!

Best Regards,
    Christopher Hall

Vita Potior Libertas

“Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.” William Pitt the Younger

"Evil prospers when good men do nothing” John Philpot Curran​
    Not the best shot but here it is on my LMT with TBAC SR suppressor
    20230309_LMT_MWS_MARS-H_308_March_4.5-28x52_0001.jpg

I guess if you needed a cover to full auto mag dumps it would be the way to go as full auto anything is expensive but… I never use a can cover and don’t find I need to on a bolt

Reactions: 30calDeath
    Definitely a nice looking design. There's some aspects to that design that look really appealing. But ~$300+ is pretty rich for my blood.
    you think so? I think the design looks like garbage personally.
    I suppose the value is for your high volume gas guns, i guess if you wanna run them hot enough to glow...but that's not me.

I like the guts of the Rifles Only MAD cover personally cause I can make my own "covers" in any fabric or camo I want.

Works better than my other suppressor covers especially with mirage from suppressor heat. I realize some of you may balk at the price, but read my title again, not for everyone but best I've used yet.

Reactions: tydex21
    I’m interested. I’ve never launched a cover, and all my AG covers stay exactly in place. I do notice some mirage on longer strings, but honestly couldn’t say if that was from barrel, heat from exiting the front of the can, or “leaking” from the cover itself. Might need to try one out.

Works better than my other suppressor covers especially with mirage from suppressor heat. I realize some of you may balk at the price, but read my title again, not for everyone but best I've used yet.

Three times the cost of industry standard with zero additional features and zero meaningful innovation. I hope they gave you a good discount.

Precision Underground Rifle Gear (suppressor insulator) has been pretty good for me. What has been your experience with this one?

Reactions: db2000
    Close to $400 when accounting for long cans like we mostly use. I’m a sucker, but I don’t know if I’m that kind of sucker.

Reactions: 30calDeath
    I mean it was featured on Netflix so there's that! I managed to burn the cerakote off a can on my .338LM and my @Precision Underground cover never as much as whimpered. Custom fitted for $130.00.

Last edited:
    Reactions: DIBBS and kthomas
    I don’t mind spending good money on good shit but this is just stupid. I don’t see anything that justifies 3x the cost of other quality alternatives.

Reactions: Maurygold
    I've not had good luck with My Cole-Tac. I have the HTP and it won't stay put no matter how tight I make the straps. And it gets pretty damn hot even under light usage with the AR15 in 5.56. On my 308 gas gun, it comes off fairly quickly to the point I don't use it any longer. I didn't order it with a stricta cord unfortunately. The metal buckles aren't the best either and heat up pretty fast. Like the concept but it just didn't perform for me and the inner heat sleeving split pretty easily as well.

Somebody is gonna have to explain to me how this is 3x better than the Armageddon gear hi temp cover that has never blown off my gun. And gets rid of all the mirage on my bolt gun

I've not had good luck with My Cole-Tac. I have the HTP and it won't stay put no matter how tight I make the straps. And it gets pretty damn hot even under light usage with the AR15 in 5.56. On my 308 gas gun, it comes off fairly quickly to the point I don't use it any longer. I didn't order it with a stricta cord unfortunately. The metal buckles aren't the best either and heat up pretty fast. Like the concept but it just didn't perform for me and the inner heat sleeving split pretty easily as well.
    I almost went that route after my tab gear cover didn’t work out too well (ordered the wrong model and it also wasn’t good enough for my rates of fire). Almost went the Liberty route off the recommendation of a buddy but I couldn’t justify the price. It seems really nice though. Then again it took me forever to finally upgrade from a harris because I couldn’t understand why a bipod would cost $300… 😂

Unrelated to the thread…
    I’d reach out to Cole Tac because I have the HTP 2 piece of theirs for my ECCO converted AAC 762SDN6 w/ SF SOCOM mount and run that on my MRP, MWS, an AXSR. I’ll do a lot of high strings with my MRP and MWS without having it move or any issue with the inner sleeve splitting (besides the little fuzzies). I don’t feel any significant heat on the outter sleeve after high strings when I go to unbuckle and pull it off to cool down.

Might want to hit them up and see if maybe there was a materials issue.

Precision Underground Rifle Gear (suppressor insulator) has been pretty good for me. What has been your experience with this one?
    I do actually, I really like Precision Underground (as a company and as a product), I think they are one of the better made units for lower cost alternative for sure, I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Reactions: FNG1001
    Listen guys, I posted this because they are running a 15% off sale. I bought mine last year during the same Veterans day 15% off sale and have been really happy with it, I first saw it when I did an ELR shoot with @SkyScrapin last year, he had one on one of his rifles and I really liked the unique tightening feature and the materials used. Yes it's expensive, but some of us buy expensive things. Maybe I should do a more formal test with a thermal imager or something like that to see if it does in fact reduce suppressor heat more than others, that's the biggest reason why I bought it because especially with my LMT (.308 and 6.5CM in semi-auto) that sucker gets HOT!

Listen guys, I posted this because they are running a 15% off sale. I bought mine last year during the same Veterans day 15% off sale and have been really happy with it, I first saw it when I did an ELR shoot with @SkyScrapin last year, he had one on one of his rifles and I really liked the unique tightening feature and the materials used. Yes it's expensive, but some of us buy expensive things. Maybe I should do a more formal test with a thermal imager or something like that to see if it does in fact reduce suppressor heat more than others, that's the biggest reason why I bought it because especially with my LMT (.308 and 6.5CM in semi-auto) that sucker gets HOT!

A thermal test could be interesting.

For precision rifle shooters, there's a lot of diminishing returns with this specific product compared to others available at ~1/3rd the cost.

I find the retention system interesting. I think the current biggest weakness in most suppressor wrap designs is the retention system. Even the best ones can be a bit fickle, at least in my experience. I personally have an idea for how I would make my own suppressor wrap, I just don't know how to sew :ROFLMAO:

Precision rifle suppressor covers and high round count blaster AR covers aren't the same thing. These aren't your average Armageddon gear, Cole TAC suppressor covers.

Now, it's a valid question why we think we need a cover that can survive SURG cycle firing schedules. But if you want one, it isn't cheap

I almost went that route after my tab gear cover didn’t work out too well (ordered the wrong model and it also wasn’t good enough for my rates of fire). Almost went the Liberty route off the recommendation of a buddy but I couldn’t justify the price. It seems really nice though. Then again it took me forever to finally upgrade from a harris because I couldn’t understand why a bipod would cost $300… 😂

Unrelated to the thread…
    I’d reach out to Cole Tac because I have the HTP 2 piece of theirs for my ECCO converted AAC 762SDN6 w/ SF SOCOM mount and run that on my MRP, MWS, an AXSR. I’ll do a lot of high strings with my MRP and MWS without having it move or any issue with the inner sleeve splitting (besides the little fuzzies). I don’t feel any significant heat on the outter sleeve after high strings when I go to unbuckle and pull it off to cool down.

Might want to hit them up and see if maybe there was a materials issue.
    I just went through the exact same bipod debate! Finally broke down and bought a $280 tripod, LOL. When you own monster Gitzo tripods with fluid heads that cost $600, $300 for some of these bipods is just criminal. Fishhook.

Anyway...I do take the suppressor cover on and off frequently as I use a Magnetospeed mounted to the suppressor (until my Garmin shows up) so was likely my fault. I was going to ask them for a new inner sleeve and possibly send it back for the stricta cord. They do have great customer service and it's a fine looking cover :)

Reactions: M8541Reaper
    I have one LD cover, and I'm actually constantly irked by the retention system. N=1, but mine is super tight and is best managed with a pair of needle nose.

However- you can mag dump to your heart's content then drop the rifle on it's sling for transitions with no fear of leaving a hot suppressor mushroom stamp on your thigh. That's worth the cost of admission on a carbine. I have some other covers that I can't touch after 20 rounds because the buckles get screaming hot.

I tried to do some A/B/C testing for mirage once. I could make out a difference, but it's pretty marginal. Grab a hot can by the cover and there's a large difference, and IMO, that coolness tracks with slightly better mirage performance.

I mean it was featured on Netflix so there's that! I managed to burn the cerakote off a can on my .338LM and my @Precision Underground cover never as much as whimpered. Custom fitted for $130.00.
    That’s what I have on all my cans. Does a good job with mirage. No cover is going to eliminate it and if someone claims that I’ll call bullshit all day, every day. FA mag dumps have been fine, not that I participate in that frequently but it’s happened and it was fun 🤣

Reactions: nikonNUT

Just to be clear you paid full retail minus the 15% off for Veterans Day and you’re being compensated nothing by them to promote their product today?

Just to be clear you paid full retail minus the 15% off for Veterans Day and you’re being compensated nothing by them to promote their product today?
    That's exactly right. I'm not well enough known for accessory companies and such to send me products for reviews, I choose products that interest me and review those, mostly with glass, every now and then I see an accessory that stands out from the rest and will sometimes post about it, but I have no affiliation with Liberty's Defense, in fact, I do not have any affiliation with any company (I do have some NDA's so not sure if you'd consider that "affiliation" or not) as I try my best to be as unbiased as I can, yes, some company's are willing to send me things from time to time but always with the knowledge that I will post an honest review based on my findings and not sugar coat stuff, this has gotten me in "the hot seat" at times, but I feel is necessary for the integrity I desire and reputation among the community at large. I have a link to Mountic Outdoors (@MOUNTIC ) in my signature because Jake is a close friend but I do not get any free products from him. I am seriously considering trying out YouTube to see if I can gain a little more awareness and possibly open some doors to more opportunities down the road.

Reactions: Generations
    No different then someone posting a deal in the black Friday thread and a positive experience with a product they own. Maybe you were looking for a new cover or product, ran across a review from Bill, and even that company's discount code for a holiday. A thanks would be in order.

Glassaholic has been a class act in my dealings with him. His reviews take a lot of time to test optics, take notes, and write a review. He adds greatly to the content on the Hide with his contributions. He also has the sexiest LMT in existence! A man with a rifle that sexy and an encyclopedia of reviews on this site should be taken at his word.

I am seriously considering trying out YouTube to see if I can gain a little more awareness and possibly open some doors to more opportunities down the road.
    You should do it. Not sure if it would save you time typing-wise but it'd be a cool format. I know Ilya and Covertnoob5 both do Youtube with a bit of stuff but no one can cover everything so I'm sure there's a lot of room to expand.

This is unrelated but I'm in need of 34mm scope rings and have always used ARC ones (all M10, not M-Brace yet). I'm seeing some complaints about the M-Brace these days and I'm starting to get a bit spooked. Any truth to that (if you know)?

Reactions: Glassaholic
    You should do it. Not sure if it would save you time typing-wise but it'd be a cool format. I know Ilya and Covertnoob5 both do Youtube with a bit of stuff but no one can cover everything so I'm sure there's a lot of room to expand.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, the review writeups take an incredible amount of time, but it also allows me to think through everything whereas video needs to be on the spot so I have to collect all my thoughts right then and there, I will have to do a script of sorts.
    This is unrelated but I'm in need of 34mm scope rings and have always used ARC ones (all M10, not M-Brace yet). I'm seeing some complaints about the M-Brace these days and I'm starting to get a bit spooked. Any truth to that (if you know)?
    Are you talking about issues with ARC and ZCO not playing well together? Outside of that I am not aware of the M-Brace being any different, like you I have used M10 and QD-L for years without issue, they are my go to rings and mounts if I do not need accessories. If I need accessories then Spuhr has the most options.

Are you talking about issues with ARC and ZCO not playing well together? Outside of that I am not aware of the M-Brace being any different, like you I have used M10 and QD-L for years without issue, they are my go to rings and mounts if I do not need accessories. If I need accessories then Spuhr has the most options.
    Nah the rings are for a Razor 6-36. I've just seen a few complaints about the bottom of the M-Brace rings being so tight you can't adjust your scope to level without marring it in the rings. I'm hoping it's nothing since I've used nothing but ARC for years but was just wondering.

Nah the rings are for a Razor 6-36. I've just seen a few complaints about the bottom of the M-Brace rings being so tight you can't adjust your scope to level without marring it in the rings. I'm hoping it's nothing since I've used nothing but ARC for years but was just wondering.
    Gotcha, I had an M-Brace mount last year when I was doing the alpha scope review, I do not remember there being an issue with not being able to adjust level without marring, but that was a sample of one, it's possible some were "off", if that is the case I have no doubt Ted would take care of it quickly. I will say this, I have had some scopes that are more "sticky" than others inside the ring so maybe more of a manufacture tolerance situation? 🤷‍♂️

I’m also a big fan of these covers. Would like to add another during the sale just don’t know which can I’m getting next.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
    These can covers are exceedingly good at managing over heated suppressors.

As example, on an 11” barreled 308 bolt action shooting full power 155gr loads generates tremendous heat with my Dominus-SR. It’s the only can I own which lives exclusively on a bolt action, but looks like it took a ride on a 249 saw. Mirage and heat become a big problem after a few rounds.

On a square range, pacing round count is mitigates the entire heat scenario, but I’m not in the game of burning time waiting for things to turn back to ambient temps with this particular rifle. I want to go fast! Even more so when this rig goes out for a night hunt and we happen upon a sounder.

Point is, there are many options out there. This can cover is the best alternative for retention and mirage while still allowing your can to breathe back to ambient levels because the material isn’t super insulated to the point of trapping heat for hours.

Price point isn’t for everyone; product performance is.

Said rifle being pimped on too many occasions.

74D4D671-F279-4889-B9B9-645E8319E474.jpeg

These can covers are exceedingly good at managing over heated suppressors.

As example, on an 11” barreled 308 bolt action shooting full power 155gr loads generates tremendous heat with my Dominus-SR. It’s the only can I own which lives exclusively on a bolt action, but looks like it took a ride on a 249 saw. Mirage and heat become a big problem after a few rounds.
    How are you managing locking/unlocking of the SR collar with this cover?

How are you managing locking/unlocking of the SR collar with this cover?

TBAC cans lock up tight, some times too tight requiring a strap wrench and a little heat to break them loose. They direct thread on and have an additional locking collar. Works perfect and doesn’t come lose where as several direct thread only cans would literally unscrew themselves likely due to the gas volume at 11”. My speculation anyways.

I rarely take the can off though, usually only to clean the barrel and/or muzzle brake after a shooting session. When done, I remount and reattach the can cover.

if I wanted to check if the can was loose, I’d pipe the clasp and slide it off a little just like any other cover. Really not much if any effort to it.

Just got mine in this evening. My buddy on our team has one and it works great; a couple of others on the team have the AG cover and they go flying down the range fairly often. I feel like I have a load of splinters in my hands at the moment from installing it though, I guess the Kevlar or something; you guys need to wear some gloves while installing it if you purchase one. I will be able to give some feedback on it in the coming months, but I suspect it will be great.
    IMG_3796.jpeg
    IMG_3797.jpeg

Last edited:
    I buy dumb shit all the time - but $330 for a suppressor cover is stupid. Coletac for $100 is the way to go
    This except my AG have done just fine for me and never ended up down range. $3-400 for a cover is insane.

Just got mine in this evening. My buddy on our team has one and it works great; a couple of others on the team have the AG cover and they go flying down the range fairly often. I feel like I have a load of splinters in my hands at the moment from installing it though, I guess the Kevlar or something; you guys need to wear some gloves while installing it if you purchase one. I will be able to give some feedback on it in the coming months, but I suspect it will be great.
    View attachment 8306576View attachment 8306577
    I think those splinters are from the steel cord that binds the cover.

Reactions: Savage Gentleman
    Maybe someone can answer this for me, are suppressor covers geared towards LR shooters with bolt guns or AR type rifles? While I think they look cool it's alot of $ so I'm just trying to see the benefits here is all.

Maybe someone can answer this for me, are suppressor covers geared towards LR shooters with bolt guns or AR type rifles? While I think they look cool it's alot of $ so I'm just trying to see the benefits here is all.
    The answer is going to be both. Dropping a rifle on a sling with a blazing hot can will burn you. LR shooters benefit from reduced mirage through a certain amount of rounds.

Hey man, I think it is important on both, but maybe this will help. Suppressor covers are good at two things in my opinion.

1. They are almost mandatory for mirage mitigation when it comes to precision shooting, especially if you shoot in cooler/cold weather; I get some pretty nasty mirage after about 5-7 rounds of .308. My suppressor is titanium, so that may affect it a little vs a stainless or something, but they all will have it in my experience. The only caveat I saw recently was while shooting through a Tangent Theta 5-25 in October; albeit it was a rather warm day for my area in October, but I did not see any mirage from a suppressor that wasn’t covered while I saw significant mirage through another rifle with a Vortex Razor Gen 3 6-36 with an uncovered suppressor. It was my only experience with a TT thus far and have heard they do a tremendous job cutting mirage.

2. On a patrol/general purpose carbine, they can be important depending on what you’re doing. If you’re doing SPR type work, then see the precision stuff mentioned in #1. If you are doing CQB work, the covers are more useful as burn prevention; not only for yourself, but your mates. A short string of fire will have the suppressors piping hot and the last thing you want to do is drop it on your legs during a transition drill or on one of your buddies or another person while doing movement/evacuation/etc.

Bonus: they do look cool.

Anyhow, that is my experience with them thus far. Some others will likely have some other feedback.

Kyle

Last edited:
    IMG_1236.jpeg
    So i have had great success in testing my liberty defense, there are addition pictures of thermal imaging for temps thats quite impressive if i do say so myself. They loved my test so much they gave me a discount code: 300bo to save yall a little money if youd like!

Attachments

• IMG_1231.jpeg
      IMG_1231.jpeg
      372.2 KB · Views: 55
    • IMG_1232.jpeg
      IMG_1232.jpeg
      381.1 KB · Views: 53
    IMG_6704.jpeg

Mine came in today, and it’s awesome. Definitely not going anywhere; it’s super secure and by far the nicest cover I’ve used.

Reactions: Glassaholic
    How’s the mirage mitigation? I’m still thinking over whether I’m a big enough sucker for a >$300 can cover. Shooting a suppressed bolt gun at my pace (especially with a magnum) always gets me significant mirage.

How’s the mirage mitigation? I’m still thinking over whether I’m a big enough sucker for a >$300 can cover. Shooting a suppressed bolt gun at my pace (especially with a magnum) always gets me significant mirage.
    This is overkill for mirage imo. This is for people who want to burn it down on a short carbine (potentially FA) and not have to worry about melting it. I’ve got a really nice Rauch Precision for mirage abatement (that can still take some mild use) that’s like 1/4 the cost.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
    I saw no real mirage after 330 rounds of rapid fire to test, well worth it imo! If you use code: 300bo that will bring you right to $300ish

Coletac. I shoot magnum bolt guns and its significantly improved mirage. Dont be a sucker and buy this