• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Andromeda Strain....

Reactions: MJF
Didn’t know they remade it…

The ‘71 movie was so full of cool technology! Today, well, old hat. When I saw it in about 82 or so.. way out!!

Sirh
TBH I didnt know there was a remake, I found it by accident a couple months ago. When I watched Out Break, and sight suggested similar movies .

FWIW I remember seeing the original in high school biology class , LOL

EDIT: I would say I would like to see a remake of Crichton's Westworld, and Coma, but HollyWood would fubar it.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Love some Michael Crichton.
I really need to gather his full collection at some point. Of the books I do own, Prey is my favorite. Nanotechnology/biotechnology gone awry.
Somewhat related sidenote; my wife walked down the aisle to the Jurassic Park movie theme song at our wedding.

Our friends still call her Dino-Bride, but it was a great choice and made me laugh when I finally connected the two.

I thought of that movie every time over the past 20+ years whenever I ever heard a patient who had a missed blood draw or IV (esp. my own mother) say: "See, I have no blood in my veins".

the first time i read timeline was in march of 98 when i had my first acl surgery. i think it took me a little over a day. i literally didn't put it down, only to sleep and eat. jurassic park and lost world were, as we all know were excellent as well. but timeline was very captivating to me. i used to be a huge history geek and the medieval time frame was my favorite to study.

Prey was Ghey

Sphere was awesome, Timeline, Congo, all outstanding books made into absolutely shit movies. Airframe also excellent.
Yup. Though I did like Prey. The book.

Movies were like Stephen King stuff. Some rocked (salems Lot, stand By Me, Christine) some totally sucked like Maximum Overdrive.

Jurassic park was a cool movie, but Totally missed the point of the book about how we aren’t going to control nature. State of Fear was also a book everyone should read about the hijacking of the environmental movement to promote communism.

Crichton got it dead nuts right!!

Sirhr

Reactions: memyselfi
Go back a few more years and check out The last Man on Earth’64. Good flick. Same year as the Andromeda Strain try out the Omega Man. Good classic sci.

Andomeda15.jpeg

That red light freaks me out still to this day.......... 🤨 Great movie!

Reactions: Threadcutter308
TBH I didnt know there was a remake, I found it by accident a couple months ago. When I watched Out Break, and sight suggested similar movies .

FWIW I remember seeing the original in high school biology class , LOL

EDIT: I would say I would like to see a remake of Crichton's Westworld, and Coma, but HollyWood would fubar it.
Nah man they would totally rock it......if you like trannys that identify as androids that is.

Reactions: RUTGERS95