• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns The answer to the questions nobody asked

308pirate

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Apr 25, 2017
    Can someone make sense of why this thing exists?

And wtf is with that grip?
    teacup.png

No thanks ill pass. He is holding it like funds do. My dad and a few older military friends hold it like that no matter how much try to educate them. Sometimes you just gotta let things go with them lol.

• Haha
    Reactions: 308pirate
    The buyers like modular. Goes back to their days of Lego's I think.

They’re seriously bringing down the reputation of the Czech Republic handgun makers.

Who tf needs 3 safeties?!? Get out of here with that sheep pussy fear mongering crap!

Could be useful in countries like Germany where it's difficult to own lots of different guns.

They sure did a great job of accompanying the cringe shooting techniques with cringe dubstep.

Reactions: Zorrosdens
    Why does it exist? Same reason that any firearm exists. Someone thought they could sell it to make money...

Looks like it was built to give Hi-Point buyers someone to shit on.

The hold is "tea cup and saucer". Chicks on Charlies Angels show used it.

Last edited:
    The tea cup hold is Hollywood endorsed as it allows the camera to get a better framing of the movie star with pistol in hand, rather than a proper hold and actually looking thru the sights which obscures the famous face in the scene. The screwed up hand grips are everywhere and its painful to view it where it shouldn't ever be present - why would a mfg. serrate the front of the trigger guard if it wasn't useful?...uninformed engineers or firearm consultants perhaps. Someone somewhere thought breaking up your support hand strength by wrapping the support index finger about the front of the trigger guard; that someone should be rounded and flogged for such teachings. 60% of your grip strength is in the index-middle finger grip; opening the grip to wrap the trigger guard weakens the support effort. Same reason the carabiner is weaker when the gate is open v. closed.

Got to love when the muzzle is helmet high when shooting a 9 mm!
    Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 8.15.39 PM copy.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 3.57.05 PM copy.png

Below: sailor looking pretty proud of replicating the Instructors grip method.

Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 11.14.36 AM copy.png

Below: same deal, let's allow that muzzle to get ball cap high for that fast follow-up sight picture life saving shot.
    Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 11.14.58 AM copy.png

Last edited:
    Well its a Czech cloning a 1911, sti 2011, kimber, highpoint, and older series of s&w..

I mean whats not to like.... and mid firefight you can change caliber for better results

He is holding it like funds do. My dad and a few older military friends hold it like that no matter how much try to educate them. Sometimes you just gotta let things go with them lol.

Right there with you...........It's to the point that I won't offer my friends any pistol shooting help. They just can't grasp that what they see on tv is fucked up.

The tea cup hold is Hollywood endorsed as it allows the camera to get a better framing of the movie star with pistol in hand, rather than a proper hold and actually looking thru the sights which obscures the famous face in the scene. The screwed up hand grips are everywhere and its painful to view it where it shouldn't ever be present - why would a mfg. serrate the front of the trigger guard if it wasn't useful?...uninformed engineers or firearm consultants perhaps. Someone somewhere thought breaking up your support hand strength by wrapping the support index finger about the front of the trigger guard; that someone should be rounded and flogged for such teachings. 60% of your grip strength is in the index-middle finger grip; opening the grip to wrap the trigger guard weakens the support effort. Same reason the carabiner is weaker when the gate is open v. closed.

View attachment 7480528View attachment 7480529

View attachment 7480530
    Below: same deal, let's allow that muzzle to get ball cap high for that fast follow-up sight picture life saving shot.
    View attachment 7480531

LOL a B class uspsa scrub like me can mop the floor with every one of them

hmmm...I should create a nice pistol level....seems they are canting their shots....how can they hit anything at more than 5 feet?

Could be useful in countries like Germany where it's difficult to own lots of different guns.

They sure did a great job of accompanying the cringe shooting techniques with cringe dubstep.

If I buy a 40 S&W barrel and magazine I can turn any of my CZs from 9 to 40......

In fact, since 9 mm magazines are about impossible to find these days I bought a pair of P-09 40 S&W magazines and with 5 min of work re-shaped the feedlips to turn them into 9 mm magazines.

Reactions: titandriver

View attachment 7480528View attachment 7480529

View attachment 7480530
    View attachment 7480531

One more...……….sailors modeling a veritable collection of shooting technique cliches

From left to right
    • Petty Officer Rogers with his teacup grip
    • Petty Officer Tysor with his completely fucked up grip, totally unprepared to present and shoot
    • No idea what Leonard Lawrence is doing back there
    • Dude with the old man sunglasses rocking the center axis relock

1606226169058.png

Last edited:
    Did they remake Charlie’s Angels, again?

“I think that striker would be a great first pistol for me”, said fudds everywhere

• Haha
    Reactions: 308pirate
    Massad Ayoob too...
    Reloaded ammo will get you killed in the court room - Massad Ayoob -

Anyway, I told him too and lookee here he fixed it
    1606235548626.png

Last edited:
    I was at the Rogers Shooting School a year or so ago and Ayoob, between chain smoking camels, had a proper grip as recommended by Bill Rogers. Maybe just the immediate peer pressure in effect.

@308pirate, you may want to give Mr. Ayoob a gentle reminder...

That said, using a pistol, my best chance to hit water from a boat, is to throw the pistol...

One more...……….sailors modeling a veritable collection of shooting technique cliches

From left to right
    • Petty Officer Rogers with his teacup grip
    • Petty Officer Tysor with his completely fucked up grip, totally unprepared to present and shoot
    • No idea what Leonard Lawrence is doing back there
    • Dude with the old man sunglasses rocking the center axis relock

View attachment 7480960
    Sad part is most ship board security officers think this is fine. I was pulled as a safety observer because I kept hitting security for flagging.

Sad part is most ship board security officers think this is fine. I was pulled as a safety observer because I kept hitting security for flagging.

LOL

I no joke would smoke those four fucktards FAST.

He's not a Sailor, he's a Marine officer (LCOL?)
    There's no way to know. For all we know he could be a Commander.

If only US Navy officers wore soft shoulder boards on their working uniform like every other english-speaking navy in the world, we would know.

@308pirate, you may want to give Mr. Ayoob a gentle reminder...

That said, using a pistol, my best chance to hit water from a boat, is to throw the pistol...

I'll be brutally honest. While Massad Ayoob is a subject matter expert in the legalities of the use of force, he's not really a subject matter expert when it comes to pistol shooting technique.

Here's a shooting SME

Last edited:
    For all we know he could be a Commander.

If only US Navy officers wore soft shoulder boards on their working uniform like every other english-speaking navy in the world, we would know.
    Ok, I assumed Marine from the Red and Gold trap patch. Unless it is a 20 year old picture, 2000 but still Red not Blue.

It's been too long for me to claim any recalled knowledge of SSDF.

Here's a recent article celebrating their training with the gentlemen holding the screwed up grip extended ready muzzle at the poor guys groin.
    Photos and notes being jotted down to promulgate these methods for years to come. In real situations you repeat how you trained.
    Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 6.33.43 PM.png

It's sad to see that the level of small arms training in the Navy today seems no better than the shit I got in 1984 during Plebe Summer.

If I buy a 40 S&W barrel and magazine I can turn any of my CZs from 9 to 40......
    You sure about that? I know it works the other way. I've turned my 40 Tac Sport into a 9mm with a barrel/mag swap. But my P09 9mm will not fit a 40 case on the breech face. Maybe they changed the design on newer models?

You sure about that? I know it works the other way. I've turned my 40 Tac Sport into a 9mm with a barrel/mag swap. But my P09 9mm will not fit a 40 case on the breech face. Maybe they changed the design on newer models?
    Meh I didn't think about the breech face or the extractor.

Whatever, if I needed a pistol in another caliber i'd just go buy another one. Because 'MERICA

Got any pictures of Jerry Miculik shooting a revolver?

You can find them as easily as I can

Only an idiot puts his support hand index finger around the front of the ROUNDED trigger guard of a revolver.

Jerry's not an idiot. Maybe you are.

There is a video of Jerry explaining why he does this. It is the way he fired eight shots on target in under a second and twelve shots with a reload in under three seconds with a S&W revolver. Both records have never been broken.
    Next time you see Jerry tell him how stupid he is to use such an outdated, disproven grip and it simply does not work.
    Videos of you shooting a revolver at speed would be amusing.

There is a video of Jerry explaining why he does this. It is the way he fired eight shots on target in under a second and twelve shots with a reload in under three seconds with a S&W revolver. Both records have never been broken.
    Next time you see Jerry tell him how stupid he is to use such an outdated, disproven grip and it simply does not work.
    Videos of you shooting a revolver at speed would be amusing.

Holy shit, do you think you could have watched the video first? Here let me help you.....there are even slow motion closeups where you can see clearly that he has zero fingers over the front of the trigger guard.

Name the match you'll be at and I'll show up with my Model 64. Bring your A game because you'll need it.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Pbgt
    It's sad to see that the level of small arms training in the Navy today seems no better than the shit I got in 1984 during Plebe Summer.
    In 2001 or 2002 I had a Division Officer, LT, tell me that marksmanship was a hobby not a military duty when I put in no cost orders for Nationals. My Chief pulled me out of his office by my collar. No, I did not get the orders.

In 2001 or 2002 I had a Division Officer, LT, tell me that marksmanship was a hobby not a military duty when I put in no cost orders for Nationals. My Chief pulled me out of his office by my collar. No, I did not get the orders.
    He was probably a fucking nuke

Sometimes I regret passing by the Marine Corps table on service selection night.......