• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater The Art of Racing in the Rain-Family Flick

JR_77

Stock Detective
Minuteman
  • Apr 24, 2014
    TEXAS
    A lot of folks watch movies around Christmas with the kids and if your looking for a family movie that’s not the typical DC comic/super hero stuff this is a good movie. Again a family movie to watch with the kids that’s not all woke and special effects oriented.

Some cool racing scenes but not sure of all the accuracy of the technical stuff. If you love dogs or lost a dog it will tug on your heart strings. Watched it last night with the family and it’s cheesy at times but again a great flick for sure to watch at Christmas.

Movie title is The Art of Racing in the Rain.

Last edited:
    I thought the book was great. I’ve only seen the last half of the movie but it seemed pretty close to what I remembered of the book.

Reactions: JR_77
    Enjoyed the book several years ago but forgot about the movie being made. Appreciate the reminder - will check it out with the fam so the grandkids can watch me get misty eyed (I’m a sucker for a good dog movie)

Reactions: JR_77
    They changed the plot (how he gets in trouble...don’t want to give too much away) to make it more family friendly in theaters, and I appreciate that to be honest. Loved the book, only liked the movie, but definitely worth watching.

If after reading the book you don’t want to be a better person, especially when it comes to “paying it forward” for the next generation, you missed a lot of the point of the book.

Heck, now I wanna watch it again!

Enjoyed the book several years ago but forgot about the movie being made. Appreciate the reminder - will check it out with the fam so the grandkids can watch me get misty eyed (I’m a sucker for a good dog movie)
    I know my kids asked me if I was tearing up…no it’s the allergies bothering me again. :cool:

Last edited: