• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Equipment LAST CHANCE!!! Anhydrous lanolin case lube, 8:1 ratio, last six bottles for sale, listing ends Aug.1.

Strykervet

ain'T goT no how whaTchamacalliT
Minuteman
  • Jun 5, 2011
    Pierce County, WA
    Read last post for details on page 3.

Been told time and again best lube available, it's a shame I won't be able to offer it anymore but can't justify paying $20 per month to advertise something I don't make much off of in the first place and was doing as a favor to you guys. I sincerely apologize for this, but I guess "it's the cost of doing business" and this site never was a business for me, it was a community.

So buy up while you can. Six bottles left as of now. 8:1 ONLY, so you can cut it yourself to 16:1 and double what you have with another quart of 99% isopropyl.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************
    READ FIRST: Changes: FINALLY found a new supplier (so far so good) so I'm making it again. However it now comes in quarts instead of pints. 8:1 or 16:1, your choice on strength (or custom strengths available, no extra charge). As usual you're welcome to get it full strength and cut it to 16:1 yourself, it's just a 50/50, one for one mix.

If alcohol goes astronomical again I might have to pull the plug again, covid has killed more businesses and hobbies than people and since I don't make much off of this and it isn't a real business, just a service to 'Hide members, I can't offer it when prices for alcohol go higher than the complete product goes for. *$3 per price increase from $35 to $38 due to higher and fluctuating alcohol prices, differences in actual cost go towards GGWG charities here on the 'Hide.*

$38 per quart, $66 for two. Shipping is included. Paypal is fine, add 3% if not F&F. PM to order.
    *********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Only available here to Sniper's Hide Members! I don't make much off it so it's more a service to provide members here with the best lanolin case lube available. I use pure anhydrous materials (no water present) and emulsify them carefully over heat. It's the strongest and purest lanolin case lube available at an 8:1 ratio of alcohol to lanolin. It's stronger than Dillon's and I've been told it's better than Hornady One Shot and RCBS's lube (and there's no pad to deal with either if you currently use that). Imperial wax is close but it's not sprayable. I do plan on making a wax similar one day using Lanolin and beeswax. Lanolin is just an awesome case lube, period.

I used to have another sale page up here with a long list of satisfied members and I don't know what happened to it! It just disappeared. I didn't receive any notice about it and I'm against people taking advantage of the site to run a business out of with out paying the dues. This isn't a business though and if I paid the seller dues it would make it not worth it for me to continue doing. If it does expand, and I'd like that, SH will be the first to be paid. It's my home.

I do, however, have another page in reloading here where it's being discussed, questions asked and answered:
    https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/pure-lanolin-case-lube-for-sale.6920148/#post-7562682

The lube comes in 16oz. bottles and they go for $12 per bottle plus $10 shipping; 2 bottles is $34, shipping for two is a little more than the $10 I charge but I cover any differences. Most folks get 2 bottles, it's a better deal with the shipping, lasts even longer and gives you one bottle to keep concentrated for hard to size brass and one you can cut to stretch and make spray and spread better. At full strength it's sufficient for sizing BMG brass and other hard to size cases. That was it's genesis, sizing BMG cases. It can be cut up to 16:1 or more for easier to size cases like .308, etc.

Lanolin is one of, if not the best lubes to use for sizing brass. It's the main ingredient in Imperial wax and Dillon case lube. What I offer is much stronger than Dillon's at a fraction of the price, and you get more. I only use the purest ingredients to make it with and get 'em in bulk to keep prices down and make it worth it.

To cut or to use, heat up a bowl of hot water. Soak the bottle in the hot water until it becomes a urine like color without any white solids. Do not subject the bottle or the contents to direct heat or in a microwave! Vapors are explosive. When warmed, this is when it sprays, spreads and mixes the easiest. Spray brass in a plastic bag and work around to fully coat, or spray in a plastic bin, shaking can line up most of the case mouths so the can be hit too. Avoid paper bags or cardboard boxes, they absorb the alcohol and lube and the cases on the sides and bottoms can be left dry. To remove, dry tumbling works best or they can be wiped clean, depending on your loading habits. Wet tumbling will require a solution capable of dissolving the lanolin and I haven't found one yet. Small amounts can even be left and pose no problem.

I've got several pounds of lanolin and a case of alcohol waiting. I answer any questions or concerns, just PM me. I will sell it diluted to any ratio you prefer, otherwise it comes 8:1. Diluting it yourself pays off better as you end up with more using your own bottle of alcohol vs. me doing it. It's easy enough to do and the 99% alcohol can be had from a pharmacy, Iso Heet car starter or Amazon.

Please PM me for sales, cost is $22 for one bottle, $34 for two, shipped Priority Mail as soon as possible. I take paypal (add 3% unless F&F) Postal MO or a cashier's check. Paypal is the fastest of course but it's up to you.

Thank you!

Last edited:
    Just a bump, I have plenty of lanolin and alcohol. Remember it's 8:1 ratio unless requested otherwise (though you come out better cutting it yourself since you'll have more that way). $34 for two bottles, $22 for one, shipping is $10 whether it's for one or two and I pay the extra costs when the shipping goes over on 2.

Guaranteed the strongest lanolin lube available, it'll size BMG MG brass no problem. Diluted it'll last longer and go farther and even at 16:1 it's still stronger than most all others and makes sizing most rifle and pistol brass easy peasy. Much stronger and cheaper than the Dillon product.

PM to order, I'll take paypal (fastest/easiest) Postal MO or cashier check and I ship it out Priority Mail.

I have lots of this stuff, not running out. Let me know and I'll make a batch, can do custom ratios though 8:1 is default (and very strong). You can cut it yourself or I can make it for.

Get your custom case lube in time for loading for this summer. Only available on Sniper's Hide. None better.

Bump Up .. got a bottle, and the stuff is great for necking-up, makes nice and 'smooth' on the press going from .224 to .257 .

Thanks man!

It's strong stuff and a little goes a long way! Remember to soak in hot water until it takes on a urine color for best results.

Effortless sizing has more going for it than just a smooth stroke too. It reduces the amount of work applied to the brass helping it last longer and that's really the reason "why" this over something else.

I also noticed some brass I sized last year and left laying out they still have a thin layer you can feel (but wipes off easy enough) and that brass still looks shiny, didn't dull like some of the "dry" brass laying out. I guess that could also be a plus if you keep lots of sized or prepped brass laying around.

Reactions: sodakhunter
    The best sizing lube there is in the strongest concentration available or in a custom ratio if you prefer.

Still have pounds of anhydrous lanolin, keep it coming, do yourself, your dies and your brass a favor and start using this instead!

Nothing works better to reduce wear on brass and dies than lanolin lube and this is the strongest concentrate of lanolin lube available and only available to 'Hide members. Effortless, swift and easy sizing is directly proportionate to brass and die wear, and ultimately, lifespan.

PM to order, still $34 for two bottles and $22 for one bottle. OR four bottles for $58. As usual, I cover any additional shipping expenses over $10. All shipped USPS Priority Mail.

Just had foot surgery on both feet but I'm still able to make it happen!

Give your dies and brass a break, as well as your arms and back --good lube in sizing goes a long way.

Still making, still shipping. Due to popular demand, I'm now offering pre-mixed 16:1 (good for most brass, 5.56, .308, etc.) at $39 for one 8:1 and two 16:1 or $44 for four bottles of 16:1. Or you can still get two bottles of 8:1 for $34 and use as is for hard to size and BMG brass or cut it yourself to any desired ratio using 2oz. as one part (so a whole 16oz. bottle of 99% isopropyl for 16:1). I'll also do custom mixes if you like, since each small batch is made to order it's no problem at all. All prices shipped to your door USPS Priority mail.

I try to be Johnny-on-the-spot and try to ship two days or so after you order. With my surgical recovery and depending on a ride and thus his schedule too, I've tended to be running a couple days behind. Still, I've been able to get all orders out in under one week and in most cases delivered in one week or even less. Priority gets it there pretty fast, but if you are depending on this order coming through quickly for an upcoming match, etc., and can't wait, just let me know and I'll make it a point to try and get it out ASAP regardless.

This is still a service I only do for 'Hide members, I don't sell it elsewhere, so each batch is made to order and not much profit is made from it, just enough to cover costs and a bit of time I guess. I try to keep prices down for everyone and offer a unique and superior lube not available elsewhere, so as long as you guys show interest I'll keep making it.

Great stuff, great service. I’d definitely buy again.

Reactions: tennturk
    OKAY...

I had my foot surgeries and have recovered for the most part so I'm offering this again and I got plenty of alcohol to get started back. I took a break there because I couldn't ensure Johnny on the spot delivery with my feet and I really do try to get everything out to you guys ASAP. I'm a member too so I know good and well what you guys expect.

Everything is the same, $24 for 1 bottle 8:1, $34 for 2 bottles 8:1, $39 for 2 16:1 and 1 8:1, and $44 for 4 bottles 16:1. All bottles are 16oz. bottles.

I started doing this out of popular demand since most customers are actually using it at 16:1 for "regular" brass as opposed to the hard to size stuff or .50 BMG. You can still cut it yourself, or you can order it pre-cut now, totally up to you, and I still cover the excess shipping charges and still ship Priority Mail.

I also have no problem doing custom mixtures so if you want a particular ratio just let me know and I'll make that happen at the normal prices.

Hope everyone had a good 4th!

This is the best lube you can get made by a member for members, no short cuts, no cheaping out or using poor or lighter grade materials. And it can be had in one of two popular ratios, custom ratios or you can even custom cut it to your own specs. This is YOUR lube and I did my best to make it that way, I consider you guys friends and the last thing I'll ever do is treat my friends wrong.

A lot like "Imperial Wax in a spray bottle" if you will. Strong stuff, and it makes sizing super easy and that translates to longer brass and die life.

PM me and I'll make it happen!

So I'm in the process of house hunting and preparing for a move but I'm still making it... I may have to stop making it for a month or so when the move happens though, so get it now! As usual, all orders are done ASAP and usually go out the next or following day and arrive USPS Priority.

Any ratio or amount you desire, just PM me. And have a safe and awesome summer guys!

How long does a bottle last? Thinking about switching to this method of lubing for larger batches?

Bump Up .. got a bottle, and the stuff is great for necking-up, makes nice and 'smooth' on the press going from .224 to .257 .

Did you dip the necks in it or how did you manage that? I have some necks to size up and wondered about this.

Did you dip the necks in it or how did you manage that? I have some necks to size up and wondered about this.
    -
    I just use a Q-tip on inside of the Necks and swipe around . Then I just dampen my 2-fingers and thumb and just quickly hit around the outside necks and about half the body . will toss a pile in a bowl and then do about50 at a time .
    I always try to season-in the inside of Die, with going slow on the 1st couple Brass and get all inside of the Die nice and cooperative .

On the Neck-up's like these ( 25x45 ) . I Always Use a Wilson Case Gauge and will check several for peace of mind for smooth uniformity, feed and cycling of my AR .
    Important to have all in-Spec. especially if trying to extract an unfired Round . I hat when things get to tight on that .

-
    I just use a Q-tip on inside of the Necks and swipe around . Then I just dampen my 2-fingers and thumb and just quickly hit around the outside necks and about half the body . will toss a pile in a bowl and then do about50 at a time .
    I always try to season-in the inside of Die, with going slow on the 1st couple Brass and get all inside of the Die nice and cooperative .

On the Neck-up's like these ( 25x45 ) . I Always Use a Wilson Case Gauge and will check several for peace of mind for smooth uniformity, feed and cycling of my AR .
    Important to have all in-Spec. especially if trying to extract an unfired Round . I hat when things get to tight on that .
    Thanks!

Another way to do necks is to put 'em in a bin or box, shake from side to side and a lot of times more than half will line up with the mouths facing up. You can do this a couple times and probably get 3/4 done that way just by spraying. Certainly the way to go with lots of brass.

With surgery and looking to move to a new home, I figured I'd suspend operations for a bit but I decided what I'd do instead is go to a weekly program. I'll take orders all week, but only plan on shipping, say, Mondays. So if I get an order on Tuesday, it'll go out next Monday but if I get an order on a weekend, it'll go out the next or following day, Monday. It just makes it easier on me with trips to the PO at the moment. Once I move I'll try to get back to Johnny on the spot delivery where I ship same or next day.

But if you plan it out or don't need it right away, this shouldn't hinder anyone I don't expect.

Save your dies, save your brass, use less force, use pure lanolin lubes!

PM to order and I'll make it happen.

Remember, I offer it "how you want it" and in various amounts and ratios, all up to you. Or I can make suggestions based on what others and myself are doing.

Okay, so the move is complete and I've found all my equipment and I can get back to making lube. The best case lube available that will make sizing super simple and reduce wear on brass and dies. Strongest and best lanolin lube available, all anhydrous and USP grade materials used. MUCH stronger than anything on the market, similar to a spray version of Imperial is the only comparison. Only available here on the 'Hide as a service to you guys.

Same deal, same price. 8:1 ratio standard, will mix any ratio you want. 16:1 is common. Prices are:

$24 for 1 bottle 8:1, $34 for 2 bottles 8:1, $39 for 2 16:1 and 1 8:1, and $44 for 4 bottles 16:1. All bottles are 16oz. bottles, all prices are shipped priority.

Remember the 8:1 is a concentrate and you can cut it with a full bottle of 16oz. 99% isopropyl and get 16:1 (or cut it to any ratio desired). As always I'm here to answer questions and provide help.

PM to order, Paypal is easiest but I'll take postal MO's and cashier checks.

I currently use FAs lanolin spray and really like it. When I need more what ratio would I need to order from you to have about the same stuff?

I currently use FAs lanolin spray and really like it. When I need more what ratio would I need to order from you to have about the same stuff?

I'm not sure to be honest. I'd have to know more about their process. See, you have different ways of doing this. Big business likes to use processed liquid lanolin, it mixes easier and there aren't solids in the bottom of the bottle and you can just use it right away, no warming involved and I'm betting they don't even have to emulsify them before bottling, just mix and bottle. But bear in mind all the waxes are missing and it's mostly just alcohol left.

So I use pure lanolin and alcohol and keep it simple. And a short answer to your question is "I make it as strong as it can be made, period". 8:1 is the strongest ratio that'll still flow through various spray bottles when warm, techincally I could make it a wee bit stronger for certain special sprayers but it's not necessary, I hit the mark already. 8:1 will size BMG brass with EASE and if you cut it with another bottle of 16oz alcohol, you get 16:1 ratio, double the amount, and a ratio that's perfect for all other non-BMG or hard to size brass. Think of 8:1 as a concentrate unless you're dealing with said BMG or some other very difficult to size brass, and 16:1 as your strong go-to (still way, way stronger than Dillon). As such, a little also goes a long way.

I have a bottle of Dillon (I oughta take pictures for this and may in the future, when cold Dillon separates to a fine line of solids on the bottom, mine will have a couple inches!). I like the Dillon stuff too on 9mm, 5.56, whatever, but I gotta use a lot of it and it ain't cheap. If you load a lot, it's an expense for sure. It's what I started using, then got 10,000 pieces BMG brass to load and link, got some Imperial wax, which does work but it's a hassle and time consuming, had to find something better... Needed something with more lube, not just all alcohol.

The easier it is to size, not only the more you can do and less work involved, but far less wear and tear on expensive dies and brass, making it all last longer, including your shoulder!

Since it's been awhile and this thread got long, I'll mention again that:

1. Must warm prior to use, just soak in a bowl of HOT water. Ideally do this prior to mixing but if about to use, you can mix cold and warm it all up at once. Should take on a straw or urine color and starts to clear when ready.

2. Hang onto your favorite sprayer. Some folks like spritzers, some like quality spray bottles, some use those lawn sprayers. I ship in 16oz. alcohol bottles, I reuse those, so you will need your own sprayer, but I figure everyone has one and most have a preferred one. Plus this keeps costs down quite a bit.

3. I do any ratios now by popular demand so whatever you want I'll premix it but I recommend getting the 2 bottles of 8:1 as the best bet and cutting it yourself. More economical that way and it gives you more options with custom ratios and gives you the option of keeping a full strength on hand, just in case, which you can cut later when you run out of the first.

4. A little goes a LOOONG way. When warm and cut to 16:1, it sprays and spreads the best. Avoid using cardboard boxes or paper bags --the lube tends to get absorbed by the box or paper leaving brass touching the bottoms and side essentially dry. I use a plastic bin. If you spray one about half full of brass you can shake it around getting full coverage, won't stick to the sides or bottom, and as a plus when you shake a tub of brass usually more than half will line up mouth up. Spray the mouths at an angle to get those, don't need to get 'em all IMO, and that's it, good to go.

5. If need to remove lanolin, wiping down works (for BMG brass) but for bulk dry tumbling and ultrasonic tend to work best. Avoid using water to remove lanolin unless it's pretty hot. In a pinch, pure hot water and agitation will cause any lanolin left to rise to the surface. But most times with 16:1 ratio used sparingly (yet enough for effortless operation) removal may not be necessary at all and may even ever so slightly assist function when loading.

Do you have to warm the 16:1 ratio too? I don’t have any solids in the FA stuff. I just shake, spray and let it dry for a bit. I use a vibrating cleaner with corn cob media to clean it off.

Just got ten more pounds of lanolin and another case of alcohol... Took you guys a little less than a year to go through the last ten pounds!

Gotcha case lube here! Case lube here! Get 'yer case lube here! Case lube here! Best case lube, read all about it!

Seriously, it is the best. And bump.

Reactions: deltawiskey
    This stuff really is the best!
    I have been using it for several months resizing 308 and couldn't be happier.
    Strykervet is great to deal with!
    DW

This stuff really is the best!
    I have been using it for several months resizing 308 and couldn't be happier.
    Strykervet is great to deal with!
    DW

Thank you man, I really appreciate that. And yeah, I agree, it is some pretty amazing stuff. You won't find it stronger from any vendor, that's for certain.

Oh yeah. Bump.

How well do we feel this will work on thicker brass such as peterson .408CT brass? Sizing and mandreling.

Well, the whole point of it was to make a solution suitable for use on .50BMG military brass and I use it to size that effortlessly... Smooth operation also means less wear and tear on dies as well as brass. At 8:1 it's either a full strength solution for hard to size brass OR as a concentrate for "regular" brass. Which is most stuff. I'd say if it doesn't work or it's still difficult at 16:1, then resort to the 8:1. Most folks get the two 8:1 bottles and cut one with another bottle of alcohol and leave one as-is "just in case".

Can't really make it any stronger and still expect it to work in a spray bottle. Pretty sure this is as strong as it gets. I do try...

Reactions: LongRangeActual
    Well, the whole point of it was to make a solution suitable for use on .50BMG military brass and I use it to size that effortlessly... Smooth operation also means less wear and tear on dies as well as brass. At 8:1 it's either a full strength solution for hard to size brass OR as a concentrate for "regular" brass. Which is most stuff. I'd say if it doesn't work or it's still difficult at 16:1, then resort to the 8:1. Most folks get the two 8:1 bottles and cut one with another bottle of alcohol and leave one as-is "just in case".

Can't really make it any stronger and still expect it to work in a spray bottle. Pretty sure this is as strong as it gets. I do try...
    PM me? I'll take a bottle or two.

Save your dies, make working brass easier, and due to it's concentration it goes a long way AND costs far less than the competition.

Compare it to Dillon lube and Imperial wax --it's sorta in between, like a sprayable imperial wax. Since I do this mostly for you guys, I'm not making much off this so you won't find a better deal on this stuff unless you make it yourself (and plan on making a lot of it at that).

No lie, this stuff is the "Slick 50" of brass lube.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
    Save your dies, make working brass easier, and due to it's concentration it goes a long way AND costs far less than the competition.

Compare it to Dillon lube and Imperial wax --it's sorta in between, like a sprayable imperial wax. Since I do this mostly for you guys, I'm not making much off this so you won't find a better deal on this stuff unless you make it yourself (and plan on making a lot of it at that).

No lie, this stuff is the "Slick 50" of brass lube.
    Bump for a good product and a good guy.

So just resized 60 pieces of 6.5cm brass and holy shit, this is hands down the best stuff I’ve ever used and probably ever will use for sizing brass. If you’re on the fence about buying this, don’t be! Great seller and great product!

Reactions: Strykervet
    So just resized 60 pieces of 6.5cm brass and holy shit, this is hands down the best stuff I’ve ever used and probably ever will use for sizing brass. If you’re on the fence about buying this, don’t be! Great seller and great product!

Thank you, I appreciate that.

And yeah, it's no joke, knew you guys would only settle for the best anyway and ain't that how we do it 'round here?