• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Equipment LAST CHANCE!!! Anhydrous lanolin case lube, 8:1 ratio, last six bottles for sale, listing ends Aug.1.

SO, COVID19 has put the kebosh to the alcohol industry apparently, last week my source was out and it got hard to find except for high prices. I did the math and my buddy said I should offer it anyway and just tack on the extra cost. I thought about it and figured I'd do it as an option...

Then I looked today and can't even find the stuff at all. Even at high prices, it's gone. I really gotta wonder what these people are doing with all that alcohol, I really do. Because it's not the ideal substance for killing germs --lysol and clorox wipes are MUCH better, and 4% chlorhexedine works better on the body.

Anyway, as SOON as this passes over, I plan to start making the lube again. I sincerely apologize if I this inconveniences anyone, in the meantime I'd look and see if Dillon may have some bottles left to hold you over. It ain't nearly as strong as what I offer and it's expensive for what you get, but it will work as long as you aren't sizing hard to size brass. Imperial wax will work just as good as what I offer BUT you can't spray it, gotta do one at a time. IMO you should own a tin of this anyway.

Again I apologize but this will be a temporary thing and I'm figuring on everyone hoarding enough isopropanol that when it does become available again there should be a glut.

Next time I promise to stock up and keep more on hand so this doesn't happen.

Late to the party, finally running low on lube and remembered this thread, send me a pm when you are able to get things going again. I’ll take some.

After ALL YEAR LONG with no alcohol source, I'm FINALLY back!

Alcohol first gouged, then settled way too high for me to make lube out of. You don't make romex wire out of gold, you don't make lube out of 2020's isopropanol either!

Some things have changed but not much. It only comes in quarts now and price went up $1, so it's offered in 8:1 or 16:1 like usual, but one or the other (unless you got a second bottle). I'll still make whatever ratio you want and you can cut it yourself or I can supply it however you want. 16:1 is still pretty concentrated still ready to go, just warm and use sparingly. 8:1 is best as a concentrate to make your own ratio but it also works for .50 BMG and large, difficult to size brass such as that. You still need your own spray bottle.

I have the first order for isopropanol in. This stuff was getting pretty popular before covid killed it. If I have to get more I will and I'll get it out as soon as I get it in. I expect to get the alcohol in any time really, I just ordered it but it's the holidays so I'm expecting that I can get the first batches out the first week of January.

$35 for one quart, 8:1 or 16:1 (or your custom ratio) $60 for two quarts. Shipped to your door.

PM orders, Paypal is fine, please add 3% if not F&F.

Is this like the imperial wax that you can just wipe off with a towel after sizing? I use graphite for the mandrel sizing and don't bother cleaning my brass after all that.

After ALL YEAR LONG with no alcohol source, I'm FINALLY back!

Alcohol first gouged, then settled way too high for me to make lube out of. You don't make romex wire out of gold, you don't make lube out of 2020's isopropanol either!

Some things have changed but not much. It only comes in quarts now and price went up $1, so it's offered in 8:1 or 16:1 like usual, but one or the other (unless you got a second bottle). I'll still make whatever ratio you want and you can cut it yourself or I can supply it however you want. 16:1 is still pretty concentrated still ready to go, just warm and use sparingly. 8:1 is best as a concentrate to make your own ratio but it also works for .50 BMG and large, difficult to size brass such as that. You still need your own spray bottle.

I have the first order for isopropanol in. This stuff was getting pretty popular before covid killed it. If I have to get more I will and I'll get it out as soon as I get it in. I expect to get the alcohol in any time really, I just ordered it but it's the holidays so I'm expecting that I can get the first batches out the first week of January.

$35 for one quart, 8:1 or 16:1 (or your custom ratio) $60 for two quarts. Shipped to your door.

PM orders, Paypal is fine, please add 3% if not F&F.
I'll take 2 @ 8:1. Please PM with details for PAYPAL. THANKS

From your experience, how well does this work for sex... with other dudes?

Asking for a very, very close friend.

I wouldn't try... But if you do, make sure to document it!

Actually, come to think of it, if you evaporated the alcohol off it'd probably be fine as you'd be left with organic lanolin and the stuff is pharm/cosmetic grade. It's what they use in lotion. Geez, now you got me seriously laying it all out!

Edit: From my experience? Just caught that, Mr. Funny Man!

Last edited:
Is this like the imperial wax that you can just wipe off with a towel after sizing? I use graphite for the mandrel sizing and don't bother cleaning my brass after all that.

It's a lot like Imperial, in fact, I think Imperial is essentially the same thing but emulsified with beeswax but I can't be sure.

I've got a can of it and it behaves much the same way. Imperial was the only thing that'd work on stubborn BMG brass but I wanted something I could spray in bulk --when you're sitting on 10,000 cases of that stuff you gotta think outside the box. Dillon worked but it was too weak and expensive for the amount I needed.

So wiping it off... I've tried a few things. Wiping works great and I resort to that with BMG brass a lot simply because that's when I do the inspection and I gotta make sure no pins are left in the brass (I initially wet tumble with SS pins in a concrete mixer). For 5.56 where it really doesn't take much at all I've both done nothing at all (left it --it dries/wears off/isn't an issue) and I've also dry tumbled it. I've got a sonic cleaner too and that'll work. What won't work is cold water/wet tumbling --lanolin is a solid, not an oil, so it tends to stay on the brass AND suck up dirt in a wet tumble. I haven't figured out a method for large bulk wet tumbling that doesn't require chemicals --but that's what I keep the dry tumbler for, everyone has one I think, and for BMG, a rag (or steel wool --I use that sometimes with BMG brass because it also polishes it shiny in the process too).

The key though is to use "just enough". I recommend "learning" it. Start out spraying the brass sparingly. Take a piece out, blow on it until the alcohol evaporates (always make sure to evaporate the alcohol so you don't get hydraulic dents in the shoulder! --this goes for any lube). If it goes through effortlessly, it's good to go. If not, try a little more until it's slick like you want.

Reactions: Smittiac
2021 bump, here's to a better year (it can't be worse?).

Alcohol set to arrive tomorrow, if so the first batches will be going out on Wednesday-Thursday. More alcohol is already on the way, quite a bit more!

Reactions: NateSavannah
Alcohol came, stuff is made, all existing orders are being filled and will likely go out tomorrow. Will get back to everyone with shipping info.

AND for everyone else, I got plenty more ispropanol so keep 'em coming! PM, $35 one quart, $60 for two, 8:1 or 16:1 ratio (or custom) your choice. Paypal is fine, so are Postal MO's and cashier checks, Zelle --I'm flexible.

A little goes a looong way and it works well at reducing wear and tear on brass and dies alike, sorta like a sprayable Imperial Wax if you will.

Reactions: Brav04Logan
It's a lot like Imperial, in fact, I think Imperial is essentially the same thing but emulsified with beeswax but I can't be sure.

I've got a can of it and it behaves much the same way. Imperial was the only thing that'd work on stubborn BMG brass but I wanted something I could spray in bulk --when you're sitting on 10,000 cases of that stuff you gotta think outside the box. Dillon worked but it was too weak and expensive for the amount I needed.

So wiping it off... I've tried a few things. Wiping works great and I resort to that with BMG brass a lot simply because that's when I do the inspection and I gotta make sure no pins are left in the brass (I initially wet tumble with SS pins in a concrete mixer). For 5.56 where it really doesn't take much at all I've both done nothing at all (left it --it dries/wears off/isn't an issue) and I've also dry tumbled it. I've got a sonic cleaner too and that'll work. What won't work is cold water/wet tumbling --lanolin is a solid, not an oil, so it tends to stay on the brass AND suck up dirt in a wet tumble. I haven't figured out a method for large bulk wet tumbling that doesn't require chemicals --but that's what I keep the dry tumbler for, everyone has one I think, and for BMG, a rag (or steel wool --I use that sometimes with BMG brass because it also polishes it shiny in the process too).

The key though is to use "just enough". I recommend "learning" it. Start out spraying the brass sparingly. Take a piece out, blow on it until the alcohol evaporates (always make sure to evaporate the alcohol so you don't get hydraulic dents in the shoulder! --this goes for any lube). If it goes through effortlessly, it's good to go. If not, try a little more until it's slick like you want.
I use the same lanolin/alcohol solution for case lube. To remove it I drop the resized case in a tub of alcohol. Washes it right off and dries fast. Can use the 70% alcohol for the rinse if alcohol is difficult to source but I collect the rinse alcohol and reuse it about half a dozen times.

Bought a bottle of it and received it In 3 days! Fast shipping and can buy with confidence. Using some this morning and already better than hornady one shot that I’ve been using for about 3 years now.

I love this method of lubing for resizing. Have done it for years!

I don't leave it on the cases though. Too worried about excessive thrust on the bolt if the chamber walls don't grip the cases.

After resizing, I put the cases in a sieve and hit them with brake cleaner, shake around, repeat, and the dump them out in a cardboard box, and leave it out in the sun so the cleaner can evaporate. BTW, they sell a green version of Brake Kleen if you care about the environment.

I am taking orders and shipping ASAP but please be aware alcohol supplies are still, uh, slow? Due to covid. It's there but not in the quantities I need, I get order limits. So if your order is delayed, I'll let you know. I'm doing my best to keep it on hand and order more in advance so this isn't a problem, just a heads up.

I try to take orders during the week and ship on Monday or Tuesday but if I can get it out sooner, I will and usually have some on hand to make that happen. I try to oblige.

Used mine for the first time
Tonight. Holy shit this is way better than one shot. Much faster too. Thanks a bunch!

Pm him. He’ll steer you right.
I ordered 8:1 and bought another bottle of alcohol on Amazon to cut it to two bottles of 16:1.

Reactions: Strykervet
I've been trying real hard to keep prices down but covid has wrecked the alcohol market. Sometimes I can get it for the same prices I used to get it for but it's rare and they sell out fast. I simply can't keep it on hand or offer it at those prices regularly. I wanna charge actual prices for the alcohol but I can't offer it at a fair and consistent price like that.

The reasonable things that come to mind first would be to increase it $5 per or to stop making it again. But I think I can do better.

For now it'll be $38 per quart or $66 per two quarts --a $3 increase per quart. This is in line with the current average isopropanol price increase over what I typically get it for. When possible, I'll buy liter bottles instead of quarts, a couple extra ounces per. I still think it's by and far the best deal going for a lanolin lube as concentrated as this one is. This is still very much a Sniper Hide deal, a by-member-for-member-only thing.

IF I get the isopropanol for less, the difference will go to GGWG (Good Guys With Guns) donations. So your lube purchases might wind up helping pay for a teacher's supplies for the year or a member's hospital bills or some kid's chemo treatment.

I think this is the best way to distribute the differences, keep the price low, fair and consistent, and still be able to offer it.

PM me and I'll make it happen --will also trade for bullets and brass, ask if interested.

Last edited:
Used mine for the first time
Tonight. Holy shit this is way better than one shot. Much faster too. Thanks a bunch!
You're welcome brother! Use it sparingly! Little goes a long way and it lasts forever...

So what is used most 8:1 or 16:1? I want to order some...
Yep, PM me.

16:1 is the most common flavor, 8:1 is usually thought of as a concentrate --you can add your own bottle of 99% iso to make another whole bottle of 16:1. OR you can keep some on hand full strength if you have any hard to size cases like .50 M2HB brass. But 99.9% of the time, 16:1 is the workhorse that'll get it done. Also sprays and spreads better, less residue and simply lasts longer.

You ever try adding benzotriazole or tolytiazole to it to add a copper passivator function? Should help in brass preservation (storage). Those materials are very soluble in lower chain alcohols.

You ever try adding benzotriazole or tolytiazole to it to add a copper passivator function? Should help in brass preservation (storage). Those materials are very soluble in lower chain alcohols.

No, I don't add anything to it, it's an anhydrous mixture of USP lanolin and isopropanol. You can't drink it but if it gets on your skin you're just left with an amazing moisturizer...

I'd like to look into hydrous lanolin but I don't think it's what I'm looking for. Water soluble would be awesome but not if it gives up the properties of solid lanolin.

I'd also like to toy with a wax emulsion some day.

No, I don't add anything to it, it's an anhydrous mixture of USP lanolin and isopropanol. You can't drink it but if it gets on your skin you're just left with an amazing moisturizer...

I'd like to look into hydrous lanolin but I don't think it's what I'm looking for. Water soluble would be awesome but not if it gives up the properties of solid lanolin.

I'd also like to toy with a wax emulsion some day.

Based on the number of esters in lanolin I would expect it to have hygroscopic properties as well as the IPA that is already used.

An emulsion would be interesting but emulsifiers in general change the toxic profile of the product. Succinates, succinamides, fatty amines and amine carboxylates are typical emulsifiers I have used running a typical HLB matrix. They are usually aquatically hazardous and skin sensitive. A fair amount of emulsions also carry a high pH (usually due to an amine salt) so looking at the pourbaix diagram of copper you might have the possibility of forming cupric oxide (red) complex on the surface.

Some of that can be mitigated by usage of a passivating material like azole chemistry, however those have very low water solubility.

Another option is to try the sorbitan type emulsifiers with mixtures to obtain the necessary hlb value. Those have a lower toxicity profile.

Based on the number of esters in lanolin I would expect it to have hygroscopic properties as well as the IPA that is already used.

An emulsion would be interesting but emulsifiers in general change the toxic profile of the product. Succinates, succinamides, fatty amines and amine carboxylates are typical emulsifiers I have used running a typical HLB matrix. They are usually aquatically hazardous and skin sensitive. A fair amount of emulsions also carry a high pH (usually due to an amine salt) so looking at the pourbaix diagram of copper you might have the possibility of forming cupric oxide (red) complex on the surface.

Some of that can be mitigated by usage of a passivating material like azole chemistry, however those have very low water solubility.

Another option is to try the sorbitan type emulsifiers with mixtures to obtain the necessary hlb value. Those have a lower toxicity profile.
What if you ran that mixture through a turbo encabulator?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************
READ FIRST: Changes: FINALLY found a new supplier (so far so good) so I'm making it again. However it now comes in quarts instead of pints. 8:1 or 16:1, your choice on strength (or custom strengths available, no extra charge). As usual you're welcome to get it full strength and cut it to 16:1 yourself, it's just a 50/50, one for one mix.

If alcohol goes astronomical again I might have to pull the plug again, covid has killed more businesses and hobbies than people and since I don't make much off of this and it isn't a real business, just a service to 'Hide members, I can't offer it when prices for alcohol go higher than the complete product goes for. *$3 per price increase from $35 to $38 due to higher and fluctuating alcohol prices, differences in actual cost go towards GGWG charities here on the 'Hide.*

$38 per quart, $66 for two. Shipping is included. Paypal is fine, add 3% if not F&F. PM to order.
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Only available here to Sniper's Hide Members! I don't make much off it so it's more a service to provide members here with the best lanolin case lube available. I use pure anhydrous materials (no water present) and emulsify them carefully over heat. It's the strongest and purest lanolin case lube available at an 8:1 ratio of alcohol to lanolin. It's stronger than Dillon's and I've been told it's better than Hornady One Shot and RCBS's lube (and there's no pad to deal with either if you currently use that). Imperial wax is close but it's not sprayable. I do plan on making a wax similar one day using Lanolin and beeswax. Lanolin is just an awesome case lube, period.

I used to have another sale page up here with a long list of satisfied members and I don't know what happened to it! It just disappeared. I didn't receive any notice about it and I'm against people taking advantage of the site to run a business out of with out paying the dues. This isn't a business though and if I paid the seller dues it would make it not worth it for me to continue doing. If it does expand, and I'd like that, SH will be the first to be paid. It's my home.

I do, however, have another page in reloading here where it's being discussed, questions asked and answered:
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/pure-lanolin-case-lube-for-sale.6920148/#post-7562682

The lube comes in 16oz. bottles and they go for $12 per bottle plus $10 shipping; 2 bottles is $34, shipping for two is a little more than the $10 I charge but I cover any differences. Most folks get 2 bottles, it's a better deal with the shipping, lasts even longer and gives you one bottle to keep concentrated for hard to size brass and one you can cut to stretch and make spray and spread better. At full strength it's sufficient for sizing BMG brass and other hard to size cases. That was it's genesis, sizing BMG cases. It can be cut up to 16:1 or more for easier to size cases like .308, etc.

Lanolin is one of, if not the best lubes to use for sizing brass. It's the main ingredient in Imperial wax and Dillon case lube. What I offer is much stronger than Dillon's at a fraction of the price, and you get more. I only use the purest ingredients to make it with and get 'em in bulk to keep prices down and make it worth it.

To cut or to use, heat up a bowl of hot water. Soak the bottle in the hot water until it becomes a urine like color without any white solids. Do not subject the bottle or the contents to direct heat or in a microwave! Vapors are explosive. When warmed, this is when it sprays, spreads and mixes the easiest. Spray brass in a plastic bag and work around to fully coat, or spray in a plastic bin, shaking can line up most of the case mouths so the can be hit too. Avoid paper bags or cardboard boxes, they absorb the alcohol and lube and the cases on the sides and bottoms can be left dry. To remove, dry tumbling works best or they can be wiped clean, depending on your loading habits. Wet tumbling will require a solution capable of dissolving the lanolin and I haven't found one yet. Small amounts can even be left and pose no problem.

I've got several pounds of lanolin and a case of alcohol waiting. I answer any questions or concerns, just PM me. I will sell it diluted to any ratio you prefer, otherwise it comes 8:1. Diluting it yourself pays off better as you end up with more using your own bottle of alcohol vs. me doing it. It's easy enough to do and the 99% alcohol can be had from a pharmacy, Iso Heet car starter or Amazon.

Please PM me for sales, cost is $22 for one bottle, $34 for two, shipped Priority Mail as soon as possible. I take paypal (add 3% unless F&F) Postal MO or a cashier's check. Paypal is the fastest of course but it's up to you.

Thank you!
I will take two bottles. send PP info.