• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Best Cheap Reloading Blocks

19Scout77

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2007
GA
I just witnessed a $50+ plastic rack with holes drilled in it to hold brass when reloading!!! Good god! If we don’t waste enough money. Years ago I was turned on to the best option going and Amazon makes it easy. Measure your brass diameter and search for centrifuge tube racks. For $50 you will end up with 5-10 50-100 hole racks ranging from 223-wsm.

4 Packs Vial Rack, Single Blue Holds 50 Standard 12 mm 2 mL vials - Stackable Tube Vial Rack Centrifuge Tubes Rack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XVCZGF3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Py89DbSAB6SQ2

Reactions: Defender3
The second ones are not even close. They weigh about a pound each.

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
I use the frankford trays as well. I mean, 5 bux each, I think I got one as an add-on during prime days for even less. I only need one for each body size. Stacking 50 on a bench is enough for me.

Last edited:
Concur....Frankford are more than sufficient. As Lash said, fancy ones are cool and all, but paying for them isn’t happening when they don’t do anything the $5 version doesn’t do.

I just use old 45acp ammo trays. Cheap plastic trays used forr factory 45 acp ammo. 50 rounds per tray, .308 win and 6.5 Creedmoor fit perfectly.

I used those for a long time. But I would break em from time to time. I've dropped my frankford off the bench countless times. Granted the old 45 trays are essentially free, but it did get annoying after breating a bunch. But that's more my being careless than the actual tray failing.

I have the one that came with my Lyman press, one of the Frankfurt arsenal that I got off Amazon and a MTM that I picked up at Academy Sports.