• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Best Cigar Quotes

Switchblade

muf kin poser
Minuteman
These are quotes about cigars, cigar smoking, and basically an outlook on life. Add your own below mine. Mine are my own words. On the 15th we will vote for the best quote from one of YOU. The best quoted member, and this is from a good friend, will receive some smokes for their thinking.
Here are the original ones from the listed famous and infamous:

A cigar is as good as memories that you have when you smoked it. - Raul Julia

A woman is an occasional pleasure but a cigar is always a smoke. - Groucho Marx

A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke. - Rudyard Kipling

A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle. - George Burns

I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me. - Edward G. Robinson

I even smoke in bed. Imagine smoking a cigar in bed, reading a book. Next to your bed, there's a cigar table with a special cigar ashtray, and your wife is reading a book on how to save the environment. - Raul Julia

I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain

I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally. - Thomas Mann

I'm at the age now where just putting my cigar in its holder is a thrill. - George Burns

I'm looking forward to providing the men of Seattle with an evening where they can kick back, light up a cigar and enjoy a night to themselves. Women, we can't technically keep you out, but please stay at home. - Tom Leykis

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em. - Ron White

Love is an exploding cigar we willingly smoke. - Lynda Barry

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. - Raul Julia

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. - Sigmund Freud

There are men here and there to whom the whole of life is like an after-dinner hour with a cigar; easy, pleasant, empty, perhaps enlivened by some fable of strife to be forgotten - before the end is told - even if there happens to be any end to it. - Joseph Conrad

Why pay $100 on a therapy session when you can spend $25 on a cigar? Whatever it is will come back; so what, smoke another one. - Raul Julia

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happinesses. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear. - Aldous Huxley

If smoking is not allowed in heaven, I shall not go. - Mark Twain

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time. - Mark Twain

It has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep, and never to refrain when awake. - Mark Twain

If your wife doesn't like the aroma of your cigar, change your wife. - Zino Davidoff

A cigar ought not to be smoked solely with the mouth, but with the hand, the eyes, and with the spirit. - Zino Davidoff

The best cigar in the world is the one you prefer to smoke on special occasions, enabling you to relax and enjoy that which gives you maximum pleasure. - Zino Davidoff

If I paid ten dollars for a cigar, first I'd make love to it, then I'd smoke it. - George Burns

If I had taken my doctor's advice and quit smoking when he advised me to, I wouldn't have lived to go to his funeral. - George Burns

Given the choice between a woman and a cigar, I will always choose the cigar. - Groucho Marx

I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form. - Winston Churchill

After a truly good meal, an outstanding cigar is still the most satisfying after-dinner activity that doesn't involve two human beings. - Brad Shaw

Women are jealous of cigars... they regard them as a strong rival. - William Makepeace Thackeray

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. - Anonymous

A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses. - Anonymous

To smoke is human; to smoke cigars is divine. - Unknown

The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar. - Evelen Waugh

Cigarettes are for chain-smoking, cigars must be smoked one at a time, peaceably, with all the leisure in the world. Cigarettes are of the instant, cigars are for eternity. - G. Cabera Infante

The only way to break a bad habit was to replace it with a better habit. - Jack Nicholson, explaining why he switched from cigarettes to cigars

As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge. - Cuban saying

A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores. - Klinger, M*A*S*H, "Bug-Out," 1976

I've been smoking nearly 50 years now. I just don't feel safe breathing anything I can't see! - Dave Beard

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">MINE</span></span>

The best cigar is the one that is smoked with a few freinds and a good bottle of 20 year old Bourbon

A good cigar gives time for reflection on the past, present, and future. A good woman reminds you of the past, the present, the past, the past...didn't we mention that already?

The best cigar is the one I am smoking right now because I am at ease with life and content

<span style="font-weight: bold">YOUR Additions that will be voted on:</span>

Re: The Best Cigar Quotes

“The President inserted a cigar into Ms Lewinsky's vagina, then put the cigar in his mouth and said: "It tastes good”
Kenneth Starr

seriously...

"Smoking is indispensable if one has nothing to kiss."
-- Sigmund Freud

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Make YOUR own quote. </div></div>

Gotcha, my misunderstanding. I was hoping the Lewinski had potential.

Hey, it's a nice stash of cigars for the winner. A good friend gave me the idea to get some imaginations running. We both love the quotes but the Hide has had some seriously great quotes from within over the past few years. Bring 'em on gents!

"A cigar is not a 'smoke', it is an "Event". As such, these events remind us of past memories, whilst at the same time keying us to future reminiscents."

(I freely invent words that fit better than the status quo)

A good cigar is an equalizer. It trancends class, status, and station in life. A good cigar elevates the esence of each man beyond time and place. It forges a bond with those who have been, are, and have yet to be.

Good friends, a good scotch, and a good cigar, the rest is just details.

Will have to enjoy another and see what enlightenment comes to me.

Why do I smoke a cigar? Because it pissed off my wife!

The only thing that makes a sunset on top of a mountain, the sound of the wind over a birds wings, and the fresh air of the wild any better, is the taste and aroma of a great cigar!

In a world where the definition of being a man is quickly forgotten, a good cigar reminds the smoker of the woods he grew up in, the smell of a campfire in hunting season, and the earth which has supported generations of his family. Every cigar, enjoyed and appreciated, is a history lesson of one's own self.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In a world where the definition of being a man is quickly forgotten, a good cigar reminds the smoker of the woods he grew up in, the smell of a campfire in hunting season, and the earth which has supported generations of his family.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Every cigar, enjoyed and appreciated, is a history lesson of one's own self.</span></div></div>
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If you'd left it at just that, I'd be congratulating you on your victory.

Haha, I reserve the right to edit my work...

A fine cigar to smoke simply states " Im so Important I've got nothing to do for an hour of my life but enjoy it"!

"The only thing better tasting than a fine cigar is Victory but its a close second"

Come on Ladies, we know there are more of you out there who enjoy the leaf and a bit of time to burn it. I know at least 40 of you enjoy a good cigar and would love a few for makoing a killer quote up!
The above look real good gents, keep them coming!

As the light grows quiet over the mountains we sit leisurely puffing and remember this day and everything it that has taught us.

The aroma fills the senses as a flash of light comes…the amber glow and the wisps of white draw near the warriors of the day to enjoy the victory of seeing the days light fade.

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." -Unknown

"If I cannot smoke cigars in heaven, I shall not go!" -Mark Twain

"If your wife doesn't like the aroma of your cigar, change your wife." -Zino Davidoff

A Hoyo de Monterrey double corona is my favorite Cuban since Desi Arnaz. - Bill Cosby

"There's nothing like a good cigar after a hard day's work. It's so relaxing, a pure luxury to be savored and enjoyed. Something to look forward to." -M. Crijnen

MINE:

A good cigar is... <fill in your tranquil needs here>

Some of you guys must have some serious headaches from you pondering...that or hangovers.

Some really great quotes so far. Good luck

Reflection is easiest found throughout the smoke of a great cigar and a fine drink in hand (not a qualifying quote but just another I found last night as I smoked)

Last night's smoke was eventful as I was toasting my favorite 'Donut Chasing Fat Kid' EOD tech. Dave is in the air enroute to Bagram where he will then move to 'parts unknown'. When he gets his permanant address I'll need all your help to insure he is bombarded with boxes of 'stuff' for the next year.
This guy has 'been there' each and everytime I needed someone to help out. He and his wife were here to help Panty 6 move in when I was up north. When I was stopped roadside three hours north with a non running bike he drove up to haul my frozen ass down here. While we were stationed together up at Drum we rode a lot of miles together for fun. I am finally in a point in life where <span style="font-weight: bold">I</span> get to be the guy sending stuff forward instead of the guy receiving it. This should be fun but each night when the news of deployed Soldiers comes on, I will be on the edge of my seat because EOD Techs have the toughest most dangerous job over there.
Godspeed on a safe deployment 'Metalhead'

"Man, I was on that cigar like a Fat kid on a donut" - Metalhead, aka Dave

I was never one for quoting myself but i'll at least contribute:
porras1.jpg

"Only a rare moment of relaxation and a fine cigar would allow you, however briefly, to enjoy a beautiful sunset and forget that it is 7,000 miles from home."

Oh great,
mad.gif
you can use photos in this competition???

I'll see your bet and raise you two...
wink.gif

A fine cigar and a stunning beauty reveal the bounty and glory of God's creation.

lovely-big-natural-stunning-beautiful-smile-it-s-the-second-demotivational-poster-1272884675.jpg

If you want to live a life well lived, then live like a Cuban cigar. Have pedigree, grow up outdoors, build a strong reputation and roll on the thighs of virgins.

To think of a Cuban cigar as mere indulgence is to think the friendship of an honest man as simply an acquaintence.

Or

if in vino veritas is true, then in cigars we discover why.

Or

The wine, the women, the gambling and friends,
have all given me cause to repent.
But never so much as a quiver of regret
whilst smoking a cigar have I ever met.

"Let's Burn!"

-Me, to my old man, who I'll have memories forever of smoking cigars with when he's gone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zeroed1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was never one for quoting myself but i'll at least contribute:
porras1.jpg

"Only a rare moment of relaxation and a fine cigar would allow you, however briefly, to enjoy a beautiful sunset and forget that it is 7,000 miles from home."
</div></div>

Wow! That really hit me hard. I totally can relate to the words as well as the view. So many evenings looking at teh setting sun those same feelings were mine as well

For every man should have the fear of God, let no man have the fear of a woman's scorn, for there are an abundance of cigars. -Me

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies Marine, for unlike us, they lack the finest of cigars." -Me

I think this one is my all time favorite...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Be without fear in the face of your enemies Marine, <span style="text-decoration: underline">for unlike us, they lack the finest of cigars</span>." -Me

I think this one is my all time favorite... </div></div>

What if the enemy the Marines are facing are Dominicans?
laugh.gif

I like the sayings there all pretty good. I like to smoke one after a mission in iraq. my favorites right now are Acid's kuba kubas, and blondies. If you havent tried I must say you are missing out.

But i will give this a try and put my thoughts below.

A good cigar will give you time to think of what you've done, what you are doing, and what you must do. me

Smoking a cigar is no waste of time, a time you can not get back, but a time you can always remember and look forward to. me

I have not been a fan of cigars since I tried one back when I was a kid and heaved my guts out for a hour but I will share this quote I once heard.

Son that cigar makes you look line a movie star. Oh yea? Yea! You look like Lassie with a turd hanging out of her ass.

Spoken by our boss Pete Straus 1972 to a kid that worked with us mowing grass after school at BECK Vocational Center Red Bud IL.

Had to throw that out there for you guys.

Best cigar quote of all time:

Nada, "I'll take 5 boxes of Partagas #10s please"

H. Upmann Petit Coronas: important enough for JFK to stockpile 1,200 the night before signing the Cuba embargo.

B. Karma, those were the original green Candela wrapper American Market cigars. MAny who made them looked at the wrapper adn asked their dad's(guys like the elder Oliva) "Pop, what are we going to DO with these crappy green wrappers? WHO smokes such stuff?"
"Son, we will send it to the Americans!" As a crumb snatcher I remember my grandfather smoking those green wrapper cigars. I guess the old cigar guys were right, the Americans ate that crap up.

A Candela is the lightest, mildest flavored cigar leaf. I and many others know this leaf is akin to inhaling through a McDonald's straw and choose names like Ligero, Maduro, Rosado, and Corojo
grin.gif

Not saying I've ever tried them, as I'm as much as a cigar noob as I am a SH noob. Just pointing out how hypocritical JFK was...

In my limited experience I tend to favor the Rocky Patel 1990's

If your life were to be summed up in a paragraph,good cigars would be the "punctuation"

Sometimes a Question mark (<span style="font-style: italic">let me smoke this and think about it</span>)
Sometimes a comma (<span style="font-style: italic">a nice pause</span>)
even an exclamation ( <span style="font-style: italic">its a BOY or GIRL !</span>)

and in the end as solemn as a period, to be remembered by good friends when they smoke in your honor

<span style="font-weight: bold">Ashes to Ashes.....may they be long ones</span>

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LngRngShtr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If your life were to be summed up in a paragraph,good cigars would be the "punctuation"

Sometimes a Question mark (<span style="font-style: italic">let me smoke this and think about it</span>)
Sometimes a comma (<span style="font-style: italic">a nice pause</span>)
even an exclamation ( <span style="font-style: italic">its a BOY or GIRL !</span>)

and in the end as solemn as a period, to be remembered by good friends when they smoke in your honor

<span style="font-weight: bold">Ashes to Ashes.....may they be long ones</span>John</div></div>

Switch, I don't know if you're forming a panel, but I give this one a +1

Victory is never completely achieved until it has been savored with a cigar!