• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Best load for the SAKO TRG-22 ???

vicv

Private
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2010
I'm looking for the most accurate load for the SAKO TRG-22 in .308

I shoot the following load:

Case: Lapua Palma, trimmed to 51mm, Nec turned to .0014", Nec tension .003"
Primer: Small, CCI BR-4
Bullet: Lapua Scenar 167GR
Powder: VV N-150, 45.5GR
COAL: 72.5 mm
It looks OK ( < 0.3 MOA, Vel: 820 m/s ).

Could you please share your results and your loads.

Thanks a lot.

With regards,
Vic.

Re: The Best load for the SAKO TRG-22

Hmm. Seems like a reloading question more than a rifle question.

Vic, if your shooting a 167 @ 2690, 0.3 MOA and can carry that on out you don't need to look for another, you got a "best" load.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D Ice 308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what's your TRG barrel length? </div></div>
26"
1:11" twist

Thanks

FWIW my neighbor uses IMR4064 along with an older lapua 170 bullet that he bought 2000000000000 back in the day. If you like I can call him up and ask him about charge weight but honestly if you are getting .3 MOA I don't know how you could possibly improve on that.

I am going to try Berger bullets: 168, 175, 190.
I'll let you know my results.

Thanks you all.

Vic,

You didn't mention the distance you plan on shooting. But if you plan on shooting further than 800 save some money and test the Berger in 175 and 190- skip the 168's.

The 155s, 175's and 190's will all do well much more consistently than 168's. Unless I was shooting an M-14 I'd pass on 168's every time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VicV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am going to try Berger bullets: 168, 175, 190.
I'll let you know my results.

Thanks you all.
</div></div>
I shoot the 175s and 190 jlk vlds out of my Trg,to get them to shoot accurately the are seated .015 off the lands @ 2.995" ,therefore cannot be mag fed.I recommend using Sierra matchkings,they'll save you some money and will mag feed for sure.They'll all shoot bug holes when you handload ,smks ,amax,scenars and vlds.good luck !!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vic, if your shooting a 167 @ 2690, 0.3 MOA and can carry that on out you don't need to look for another, you got a "best" load. </div></div>
Amen, don't look any further IMO.