• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes the best Mark 4 for me???

M1A1TankerTom

Private
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2009
USA
I think im gonna end up buying a Leupold Mark 4 for my Remington 700 SPS Tactical (.308). So now I have been comparing the different Leo Mark 4 models and I am confused as all hell. I think I am leaning twoards model #57045 4.5-14x50 LR/T M1 illuminated reticle mil dot with metric knobs. Is this a good choice? Is there another Mark 4 model I should consider that includes better options? I appreciate all opinions and advice because like I said I am confused as all hell and starting to pull my hair out....if im gonna spend this much money on a scope I sure as hell want to make sure that I am buying the best one!

Re: the best Mark 4 for me???

The one you have in mind is a great scope,but ive never had them in the metric version.I beleive that version is going to be very pricey.If you are gona fork out the money for the metric version why not upgrade your choice to a Nightforce?a 3.5-15x50 with moa turrets will run you about 1488 brand new.Or a used one in mils for around $1500-1600,just a though.There is a mk4 4.5-14x50 illum ret.TMR for sale here for a low price of $1000 ,id jump on that!or get a Nightforce.

The metric 4.5x14 lupy has 3 mills per rev,just sayin...

Ditto on the one in the EE smokin deal !~ and hitman is Good to Go!

I just bought a 6.5-20x50mm MK4 with a TMR reticle. Leupold seems to get mixed reviews, but the Mark 4 line is generally considered to be pretty good. So far, I'm very impreesed with mine. You might want to look at the TMR reticle, I find it much more precise than the mil-dot. BTW, I paid $1,050 NIB for mine locally.

hey i appreciate the help guys, I have my eye on the one for sale on this forum by hitman...but there is a guy over on snipercentral selling the exact same one for a little cheaper. I dont think hitman is interested in lowering the price but im gonna send him a PM.

If I were you: you are near the cost of a Nightforce/USO(almost), might as well save up a bit more and go for the better scope

I was in the same situation some time ago. For a few more dollars I got the Nightforce, best move I ever made. I am now in the process of switching out to Nightforce on my other(5) rifles.

alexander66

+1 on read the "Totally disgusted with Leupold" post.
And +1 on spend a little more and buy either a IOR or NF, both are twice the scope for just a few hundred dollars more. Call Scott @ Liberty Optic's, he can help you get a much better scope for your money.