• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The best price on optics...

BBGunny

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2018
Seattle
Pick up the phone and call some of the dealers and ask for their best price. I see guys paying more for used stuff than it can be had for brand new.

• I posted a NIB Razor Gen II 4.5-27x56 mil ebr2c last night for $2050 (what I paid) and I had multiple buyers within an hour.
  • I sold a Kahles last month for $2700 (what I paid) and same thing, multiple buyers within hours.

Barely making margins based on the price sheets I’ve seen.

Pick up the phone and call some of the dealers and ask for their best price. I see guys paying more for used stuff than it can be had for brand new.

• I posted a NIB Razor Gen II 4.5-27x56 mil ebr2c last night for $2050 (what I paid) and I had multiple buyers within an hour.
  • I sold a Kahles last month for $2700 (what I paid) and same thing, multiple buyers within hours.

Because the market fuels it. An item is worth what folks are willing to pay for it. That includes availability as well - If it seems to be a hard to find scope, and guys see it on websites listing MSRP - your 2700 kahles is a bargain. Most guys aren't inclined to pick up the phone.

I went through this a few months ago, when trying to pickup a Khales for a deal.

In all cases, the used Khales on this board were more expensive (by hundreds of $$$ no less) than the brand NEW scope I bought from a site sponsor here.

The used market can be funny, especially for firearms it seems. Some people think used firearm gear doesn't depreciate at all, like it's gold or something.

Thankfully the used market isn't that out of touch down here. In Canada, a lot of people will try and sell their gear for more than MSRP - not sure what special kind of drugs they are on up there where they think the stuff actually appreciates in value, but it's a strange firearms community (and this is coming from a Canadian...)

Reactions: svinfinity
A Kahles just sold on Ebay for $2750. The guy could have saved a $100 had he simply picked up the phone and called the dealer.

I just don't get it...and I'm not a super thrifty guy either, but if I see a $20 bill on the sidewalk, I'm picking it up.

A Kahles just sold on Ebay for $2750. The guy could have saved a $100 had he simply picked up the phone and called the dealer.

I just don't get it...and I'm not a super thrifty guy either, but if I see a $20 bill on the sidewalk, I'm picking it up.
you're so right. There are a ton of deals to be had but you have to know who and how to ask around.

Why name names, let the buyer beware and do his homework.
This thread is a dicktease "y'all are stoopid and I'm smarter" thread; I attempted to make it more valuable. I haven't found most SH vendors budging on price too significantly. When I was shopping for my Minox and my ATACR, I was disappointed by what I found when I called around.