• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report The Bison Ballistics Calculator has been updated

damoncali

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
bisonballistics.com
Find it here: Ballistics Calculator

I've updated the calculator to allow the input of atmospheric conditions and finer output intervals (50 and 25 yards). The bullet picker is now greatly improved as well, so that you don't have a million options in the drop down.

Next up, I'm thinking about adding a density altitude option (instead of temp/pressure/humidity), adding more bullets, and printable tables/wind charts (downloadable as pdf's).

I'm really trying to keep the interface straightforward an accessible to people unfamiliar with ballistics while including the features that we really do use and need.

Enjoy, and keep the feedback coming.

-Damon

Reactions: hdguy328
Re: The Bison Ballistics Calculator has been updated

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: damoncali</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Find it here: Ballistics Calculator

I've updated the calculator to allow the input of atmospheric conditions and finer output intervals (50 and 25 yards). The bullet picker is now greatly improved as well, so that you don't have a million options in the drop down.</div></div>
Great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Next up, I'm thinking about adding a density altitude option</div></div>
Great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(instead of temp/pressure/humidity),</div></div>
No!! For <span style="text-decoration: underline">some</span> people it's better (like those who have Kestrels and know how to use 'em), for others it's worse (try to get density altitude from your local weather station). I suggest keeping both.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> adding more bullets, and printable tables/wind charts (downloadable as pdf's).</div></div>
Great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm really trying to keep the interface straightforward an accessible to people unfamiliar with ballistics while including the features that we really do use and need. </div></div>
And the reason you think a person unfamiliar with ballistics would play with a ballistic calculator is...?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mouse07410</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: damoncali</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Next up, I'm thinking about adding a density altitude option</div></div>
Great!

(instead of temp/pressure/humidity),</div></div>
No!! For <span style="text-decoration: underline">some</span> people it's better (like those who have Kestrels and know how to use 'em), for others it's worse (try to get density altitude from your local weather station). I suggest keeping both.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm really trying to keep the interface straightforward an accessible to people unfamiliar with ballistics while including the features that we really do use and need. </div></div>
And the reason you think a person unfamiliar with ballistics would play with a ballistic calculator is...? </div></div>

Dont' worry - I'll be keeping both density options (DA and T/P/H). And I'm pretty sure we all needed to get started somewhere - just trying to keep it accessible to people who are just getting started.
smile.gif

Can we get it to work out to 1,800 yards, please?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can we get it to work out to 1,800 yards, please? </div></div>

Yep - I'll add that next time I get a moment. Will only take a couple minutes.

Thanks for the hard work & sharing. Bolt56

Any chance of putting in 300 win mag ?
Like the bison as is simple to use thanks

Find it here: Ballistics Calculator

I've updated the calculator to allow the input of atmospheric conditions and finer output intervals (50 and 25 yards). The bullet picker is now greatly improved as well, so that you don't have a million options in the drop down.

Next up, I'm thinking about adding a density altitude option (instead of temp/pressure/humidity), adding more bullets, and printable tables/wind charts (downloadable as pdf's).

I'm really trying to keep the interface straightforward an accessible to people unfamiliar with ballistics while including the features that we really do use and need.

Enjoy, and keep the feedback coming.

-Damon
Does the Bison Ballistics Calculator automatically factor in spin drift?