• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Bullet Garden

Major Wader

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2013
Southern USA
Stephen Hunter's latest. Another chapter in the life of Earl Swagger.

I thought it was well done, and tells a new part of the story. Fits somewhere between the events of G-man and Hot Springs.

His writing appeals to me because he rarely makes a firearms mistake. Also, I really like how he vaguely refers to real people, like he did with the "helpers" in Pale Horse Coming, although he does that in lots of his books.

Is this the series set in post ww2?. Think i read pale horse coming but not sure if its what im thinking of

Just ordered the book thanks for the heads up ! Love the series

"The Bullet Garden" is a great read. Just finished it this weekend.

Speeding through "Basil's War" now.

Once done with Basil's War, I'll go back and review his published list. I think I've missed one or two.

I love the characters, love how he weaves real people into the narrative, and real events, and how there is always a twist that plays out in the final pages. And how his heroes are real people with real faults and everyday issues.

He's easily my favorite fiction and historical fiction writer.