• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Case for a New NATO Cartridge

Re: The Case for a New NATO Cartridge

I can come up with a nice Power Point doo hickie on how posting this crap in the reloading section would have saved brain cells from thousands of people who might read it, but the facts are, if your going to shoot full auto, 5.56 is a pretty easy round to so with, if NATO, America, or any other tax payer burden system switches to another round, our troops will still be out gunned by somebody, and the only real winners will be the contractors who supply the new ammo, the new barrels, new weapons, and so on....................

Go back to M14 and 7.62. If you can't handle the recoil join the Air Force.

Are we sure this is not a case for the 3000 calories a day (plus excersize) instead of a midling new cartrige? That is, make the kids big enough that the 7.62 is just fine.

The creator of this powerpoint also posts on another site I visit. He has a bias and I suspect may not have too much practical shooting experience. He frequently misses with his 'fact-speak'

The biggest fail I see in his reasoning is his misunderstood of speed factor both in energy retention and accuracy (windrift & drop).

When i read "Low-drag bullet fired at medium velocity" page 21/28 I would prefer to read "Low-drag bullet fired at enough velocity to keep good ballistics and also good barrel life".

Not to be a "ammunition consultant" to knows that taking the cartridges ranking in F-Class matches of the ten last years is the best panel you can find.

Then choice criteria are known from all custom rifle buyer...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Europe has a problem and America must fix it!" </div></div>

Lol, that's funny! Seems it was the other way around when it comes to the 338 Lapua Mag.....

The 30-06 was making long shots a century ago. They switched to the 308 to save weight on the grunts and ammo expense with powder and brass but still get rounds to 600+ yards. The 30-06 was shooting 1200- 1400 yards from 1903-A3 in WW1.

I have the answer; why don't we just f---ing end these bullshit proxy wars and pull out of afghanistan? That would pretty much solve the problem