• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Catch

308LR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2010
Rockwall, Texas
Who watches the Deadliest Catch..

I love the show and have watched it for years.

Sad occurrence with Captain Phil.

Re: The Catch

Yeah, it's hard to see him go. It's corny to get attached to people in a TV show but he was a really cool guy. It's funny because there are several people on that show that I wouldn't even bother to piss on if they were drowning i.e that slacker guy who always hid in the sauna on Time Bandit.

My favorite show! Captain Phil seemed to be a hell of a good guy! He might not have been there much for his boys when they were small, but he showed plenty of love for them when they became men.

Hands down my favorite show. I was once stationed on Adak Island and we flew SAR missions for the crab fleet. It's an amazing sight to see the size of some of those waves in person.

We even flew in to Dutch on occasion and got to visit those same local haunts. For all I know I drank with some of those guys and never knew it.

what I thought was really cool was what they buried him in; a motorcycle gas tank. Phil was a big biker and had some nice bikes. Who ever did the painting on that tank is a great painter. It was awesome.

Love the show and Captain Phil was definitely my favorite of the Captains, he seemed like a really great man with even better work ethics. I am sure he will be missed by everyone in the crabbing/fishing industry up there and by all the watchers of Deadliest Catch.

I havent missed a show yet. Very sad to see Capitain Phil go! He was my fav!

He will be missed. Each guy has his own personality and that is what makes that show.

I agree it seems corny to get attached to people on TV shows; but you couldn't help but like Captain Phil. According to what everyone said on the show last week, who you saw on camera was who you saw when you visited him at his camper. He was a hell of a guy, irreplaceable, and he'll definitely be missed by millions of viewers. A lot of people could learn something from his values. Hard work goes a long way.

The sad part was when his son visited him for the last time in the hospital. He asked about his lucky chain, if it was snowing out.
His son left, and they show him looking out the window at the beautiful land...

I wish they would say what his complication were as there was such high hopes and prognoses there for a few weeks.

Probably a blood clot let go..

At least his youngest son was cleaning up his act, that was real surprising that he was a pill head.

Yes Capt Phil was a real cool guy, I saw that show about how he grew up and made his first 100K when he was 20 or something..
It took me until I was 35 to do that..but then I am not fishing.

Stay tuned for the last season episode.

I sure am hooked on a show that has some kick ass scenes and shows you some hard working men and what its all about.