• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes The Col. and premier hunter

gopherslayer

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2008
WI
I received my newest issue of asswipe today. In it was the Col. testing the premier 3-15 hunter.

He really put it through the wringer. Yep, put it on his 300WM and shot some groups and even tested tracking. 8 clicks worth... north south east and west. All at 100 yards. Sure ran it hard.

Re: The Col. and premier hunter

One day I hope to be able to manage all that... 8 clicks is pretty tough on the system, that is almost a mil ... or, worse, 2 moa -- crazy to try that much movement, but I suppose that is why he gets the big dollars.

Please explain what magazine is asswipe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtv3062</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please explain what magazine is asswipe</div></div>

ummmmm, all of them

I haven't bought any gun rags in years, I'm guessing the col is boddington.

Plaster was a Major, so I guess that rules him out.

Gun writers don't get paid to write negative reviews.

The rags are published for the unwashed masses and are quicly dismissed by someone with a little common sense.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K41</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gun writers don't get paid to write negative reviews.

The rags are published for the unwashed masses and are quicly dismissed by someone with a little common sense.

41 </div></div>

That basically sums it up for me. I gave up completely on the one particularly loathesome gun rag a while back when they published an incredibly positive review of the Counter Sniper scopes (which conveniently had a LARGE ad in that issue of the rag AND made the cover shot). Just like pay-for-play on the raido...you pay the right publishers, magazine execs, writers/contributors in a gun rag like G&A (and they aren't the only offenders...trust me), you get to "play" in feature articles, cover pages, etc. Any and all senses of journalistic ethics just fly out the damn window when you are being paid by the product manufacturers to review their products and it is just "assumed" that the review will be glowing instead of an unbiased, even-handed analysis no matter how poor the product really is.

Now before anyone says anything about me comparing the CS POS scopes to the Premier...that is NOT the case at all. While I am sure the Premier is an excellent scope and likely worthy of praise by reviewers...any article in G&A or other rag is hardly any meaningful test/review of the scope. I'll wait for the word from folks here like LL and others for a truly insightful, detailed and thorough review if I'm interested in one.

Yep, you pay for advertising, you get featured. How else are they (the magazines, TV show, ect) are going to get paid? And of course they are not going to bad mouth a sponsor, that is just plain stupid. All those "journalist" have to do is to put their spin on it and people will buy it up. How else do you think Ruger and Taurus sell the crap they build?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtv3062</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't bought any gun rags in years, I'm guessing the col is boddington. </div></div>

Yeah I have the issue sitting in front of me. I get them in the mail as part of my NRA life membership. They make for good bathroom reading in between my Far Side books and Midwayusa fliers.

Guns& Ammo and Shooting Times=Ass wipe. Good for 1 day in the bathroom and that's about it.

I'm sure Boddington is a good author but his skills for the magazine articles are lacking. When the $8 subscription runs out I won't have anything to bitch about.

BCP you shouldn't put the far side in the same category as G&A. Far Side is above it by more than a couple of notches.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One day I hope to be able to manage all that... 8 clicks is pretty tough on the system, that is almost a mil ... or, worse, 2 moa -- crazy to try that much movement, but I suppose that is why he gets the big dollars. </div></div>

I'm not sure you could handle 50 rds in one afternoon and then 15 rds for the tracking test the next day.;)