• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The countdown begins... TRG-22 is on the way!

rbhoover

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2008
Eastern Iowa
I have been looking for a bolt action rifle for a couple of months now and was wanting to buy the best I could reasonably afford. After reading many posts about the different rifles available I decided that I wanted to purchase a Sako TRG-22.

I just ordered my Sako TRG-22 in Tan and it should be here early next week! Now I just need to get my Near Mfg. Scope Base and Muzzle Brake then I will be set!!!

Thanks for all the help guys and intelligent discussion on the pros and cons of all brands and makes of rifles, you guys are truly first class!

Oh, pictures will be posted once the rifle is here...

Re: The countdown begins... TRG-22 is on the way!

Hard to go wrong with a TRG, or two...

-pd

We'll see how I like this one, may have to get a TRG-42 to match!

Dude your gonna love that gun I have the 42 in .338 and the thing is an absolute laser. The Finn's really make one helluva gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ptd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hard to go wrong with a TRG, or two...

-pd </div></div>

....or three.
cool.gif

IMG_2084.JPG

Excellent choice! One warning though, if you don't get under .5 moa, there's a problem with your ammo or your shooting.
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ptd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hard to go wrong with a TRG, or two...

-pd </div></div>

....or three.
cool.gif

IMG_2084.JPG
</div></div>

LUCKY SOD

Beautiful picture, thats a nice set of triplets you have there! That picture makes me glad that I ordered the Desert Tan rifle... its gorgeous!

You Made a wise choice with the Sako.

Well, my new baby arrived. Mounted the Near Mfg (great mount and muzzle break, highly recommended!) and the IOR 3-18x42mm SFP Scope... Now I need my Lapua Brass to come in and some free time to get to the range and I can try her out! Thanks again Hide members for all the help getting this rifle picked and together, you guys (and gals!) are a wealth of knowledge.

Enough rambling... here are the pics:

dsc0848cg.jpg

dsc0851y.jpg

Great rifle, you should have many happy hours shooting it.

My TRG-22 is now in hand along with Sako bipod, Near MFG base and Alphamount. Now when that new NF NXS 5.5-22 (zero stop and High Speed Turrets) shows up from Euro Optics, I will post some pics. I'm almost home!

Hurry up!
grin.gif

What color?
Why a pic rail and not Sakos own?

Your gonna love your your TRG 22. Mine has a 20" barrel with a Near base and brake.This rifle shoots better than a custom gun I have that cost alot more. The stock fits like a glove and that two stage trigger is the best I have tried. As said before, the Fins are on to something when they can build a rifle that is as functional and accurate as their TRG'S. It sucks cause I paid alot more for my custom gun but my TRG outshoots it on a regular basis.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dustingaunder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice. I love my -42. I'm also waiting on my Near base. Come on pony express.....

2943caff.jpg
</div></div>

Which can is on the end of your TRG42? How does it affect accuracy and recoil (if you can compare it with the factory brake). Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ptd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hard to go wrong with a TRG, or two...

-pd </div></div>

....or three.
cool.gif

IMG_2084.JPG
</div></div>

almost positive that the green one is in the back of my truck right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Filthy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ptd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hard to go wrong with a TRG, or two...

-pd </div></div>

....or three.
cool.gif

IMG_2084.JPG
</div></div>

almost positive that the green one is in the back of my truck right now. </div></div>

Nope, just checked.... still in my safe.
grin.gif

I see the black one and the tan one are for sale here on the Hide. How long before the green one goes up also?

OOPs, never mind, I see it's up now also. SAD day at the Jer household but at least there will be three new happy Sako owners.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OOPs, never mind, I see it's up now also. SAD day at the Jer household but at least there will be three new happy Sako owners. </div></div>

It's not that sad. Nobody died or anything. I just have some other plans I want to pursue and that means selling these before I even got to shoot them.
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It's not that sad. Nobody died or anything. I just have some other plans I want to pursue and that means selling these before I even got to shoot them.
frown.gif
</div></div>

Well I hope it's a new boat or something fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
frown.gif
</div></div>

Well I hope it's a new boat or something fun. </div></div>

Definitely something fun.

Congrats on the TRG you made a very good choice. I hate mine b/c I use to love to trade and buy and sell rifles all the time and after getting my TRG there isnt any thing else that intrest me. Everything else is eithter not good enough or not good enough and over priced. I know youll lover it as much as I love mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats on the TRG you made a very good choice. I hate mine b/c I use to love to trade and buy and sell rifles all the time and after getting my TRG there isnt any thing else that intrest me. Everything else is eithter not good enough or not good enough and over priced. I know youll lover it as much as I love mine.</div></div>
I hope this will hold true for me aswell,once my Trg arrives i can quit trading and selling crap once and for all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 81sfo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats on the TRG you made a very good choice. I hate mine b/c I use to love to trade and buy and sell rifles all the time and after getting my TRG there isnt any thing else that intrest me. Everything else is eithter not good enough or not good enough and over priced. I know youll lover it as much as I love mine.</div></div>
I hope this will hold true for me aswell,once my Trg arrives i can quit trading and selling crap once and for all. </div></div>

Yeah right.

I have a TRG22 on the way and can't wait....Just trying to decide what glass to put on top......Any recommendations on a nice can for it......

You three guys should get together.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexBone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a TRG22 on the way and can't wait....Just trying to decide what glass to put on top......Any recommendations on a nice can for it......</div></div>

Congrats, you won't be disappointed. I am pretty sure you have seen both glass that me and 81sfo run. It would be hard to beat what we have.

I am also in the same boat as you. I don't know what can I want either after selling my 762SD. Hopefully, I get to do some testing soon on some cans to decide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You three guys should get together.
wink.gif
</div></div>

Oh we all know one another.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh we all know one another. </div></div>

Now you just need to buy one of my TRGs so you can be like the kewl kids!