• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Dark Knight RISES!! (Hey, its a BAT man!) **Range pics up 9/2**

Bob L Swagger

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2010
Base of the Appalachians
Just a few teaser pics fellas.... Details & specs to follow.... Stay tuned, same BAT time, same BAT channel! :) (Sponsored in part by ROBERT GRADOUS)

Last edited:
Im so jealous.. waiting on my sentinel. I chose the same camo pattern. Cant wait to see the pic of it all together!!

Sent from my iPad

Thanks guys..

The parts pile consists of:

BAT Tactical action
Krieger 5R 1:8.5 .264 to be finished as long as possible (which is 25.625" from the bolt face") 6.5x47L .160 FB
Badger Ordnance FTE 5/8"x24tpi
Jewell Trigger
KMW Sentinel Stock McMillan Camo in multicam colors / DBM
NF ATACR MOAR
Atlas bipod BT10
Barrel to be cerakoted (Black) to match action finish

Again, I would like to take a moment to thank Robert Gradous for working on this project. He is, in my opinion, the BEST smith in the country! Every one of the rifles he has built for me has been a one holer!! I look forward to the results with this rifle & I have complete confidence that it will follow suit to previous rifles he has built for me.

Bob,

This is getting way out of hand. Upon completion lmmediately send this rifle to me for proper disposal. Congrats on another tack driver.

Regards, Paul

I have one just finished this weekend and stock should be here by thursday. Mine is a 6x47 Lapua in a A5 I can't wait to theist drive it. Awesome actions I have an SV already. I kept mine raw maybe ill paint it down the road. I waited a long time but its worth it. Good luck bro.

I personally think Bob has 1/4 of all the 6.5x47Ls on the eastern seaboard. Because they're all Gradous rifles, they happen to be the best shooting 6.5s on the eastern seaboard.

Bob, it's time for an intervention because you're a full-blown addict, and we're all your enablers!

Now for the important question: when do we get pics of the range report!?!?!?!

Extremely impressive, wish I had the balls to do my own bedding job! I am so ready to get my Sentinal and go back to watch Robert work his magic.

Awesome Rifle

His rifles are a work of art. And that he encourages the buyers to take part in their creation speaks volumes. I would love to do that one day.

Great looking rifle sir.

Ryan.

Great job. You just confirmed that the Mcmillan camo looks great with black metal. My A5 in Mcmillan camo arrived last week. I may have to tell Robert I can't wait until October for my build.

Now that is as bad as it gets right there! The BAT action is my favorite and that is one fine specimen, congrats!

That's cool as shit. Congratulations on your build too by the way. Also, I've been meaning to ask since you have so many 6.5x47s are you using the same reamer specs every time or changing it up depending on your goals for the rifle? Ever shot the same load through all of them to see how they do?

That's cool as shit. Congratulations on your build too by the way. Also, I've been meaning to ask since you have so many 6.5x47s are you using the same reamer specs every time or changing it up depending on your goals for the rifle? Ever shot the same load through all of them to see how they do?

Thank you sir, each of my 6.5x47s was cut with a different reamer.. In hind sight, I would have bought my own reamer & used that from the beginning had I known I would be so addicted to this cartridge. I have to say, I am glad I went with the long throat on my 16.5" 6.5x47 for the heavy bullets. Can't beat over max charges with no over pressure signs!!!

My reamer is a .2945 neck with .188 freebore. Currently I just have my single shot target gun set up with it but I'm gonna have a barrel cut for my bighorn here shortly. My load with 130 VLDs from that single shot fit an AICS nicely, so I think my reamer will work ok. You're not running 140s from that 16 inch are you?

My reamer is a .2945 neck with .188 freebore. Currently I just have my single shot target gun set up with it but I'm gonna have a barrel cut for my bighorn here shortly. My load with 130 VLDs from that single shot fit an AICS nicely, so I think my reamer will work ok. You're not running 140s from that 16 inch are you?

136 Scenars in the 16.5" @ 2721fps.

Well... Looks like it is a shooter! Stay tuned for next weeks episode!

These are the first 3 shots out of the rifle with Varget & 123 Scenars .010" off the lands.

These are the last three shots for the day (shots 28, 29 & 30).

That thing is awesome an absolute beauty. Just for curiosity next time out at the range show us some 5 shot groups and let's see what she will really do. Gradous sticks are always amazing.

You got it... I'm actually going to post a 10 shot group with the 38.6gr charge next time I go.. I test rifles with 3 shot groups & test shooters with 10 shot groups.. ;)

Awesome build! I'm going to have to get a KMW build going sometime in the future. I sure wish you could get a decent group out of it though ;-)

Beautiful work sir. You have mad skills! Hats are off...

hats-off-to-you.jpg

You got it... I'm actually going to post a 10 shot group with the 38.6gr charge next time I go.. I test rifles with 3 shot groups & test shooters with 10 shot groups.. ;)

This is the god's honest truth, right here. 5-shot groups more often turn into tests on the indian, not the bow. For my rifles, I only shoot 3 shot groups as well. When I'm doing training for myself and others, that's when the 5 and 10-shot groups happen.

This is the god's honest truth, right here. 5-shot groups more often turn into tests on the indian, not the bow. For my rifles, I only shoot 3 shot groups as well. When I'm doing training for myself and others, that's when the 5 and 10-shot groups happen.

I usually don't shoot more than three at a time since I want to conserve ammo & prolong barrel life, especially if the barrel is an exceptional one... Here's one of the few 5 shot groups out of my .300WM during load work up to prove my worthiness & level of skill... This was shot from an atlas bipod & a rear bag off a bench as most of my groups are shot :) The 3 shot groups posted earlier were shot prone, from the bipod & bag..

Just so the Free World knows, I called dibs on that 300WM if and when it ever hits the market!