• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The death penalty.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    This is not about whether its right or wrong, opinions differ. It is about the methods used.

Ive seen a lot in the news about not allowing executions because they were botched,, missed the vein, or they couldnt get the right chemicals, or that they cause the perp sufffering.

I've never bled to death but I hear its painless, you just get chilly, and fall asleep. Why not just put a needle in the perps arm and let him slowly bleed out? Seems more humane and cheaper. Doesnt wreck the body so it can be dismembered and recycled for parts.

Maybe thats to simple and reasonable?

Spend a couple dollars, pick up some Fentanyl on the street, let the perp party hard.

Simple, cheap, painless and all done.

After seeing how much corruption and fraud and evil is in the Justice System in this country, I think a lot of folks are starting to have second thoughts about being all good with having the state kill people. Especially as more and more convictions are overturned and some dead folks are pretty likely to have been innocent.

After seeing how much corruption and fraud and evil is in the Justice System in this country, I think a lot of folks are starting to have second thoughts about being all good with having the state kill people. Especially as more and more convictions are overturned and some dead folks are pretty likely to have been innocent.
    Yup and crooked / fraudulent cops and prosecutors should be getting the death penalty.

Instead people like the duke fabricaotr prosecutor get a slap
    On the wrist at most

Though this wasnt about the right or wrong, ethics of it, thats my position. If you make a mistake there's no giving a life back.

1. innocenceproject.orgInnocence Project - Help us put an end to wrongful convictions!

About Us Founded in 1992 by Barry C. Scheck and Peter J. Neufeld at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law at Yeshiva University, the Innocence Project works to free the innocent, prevent wrongful convictions, and create fair, compassionate, and equitable systems of justice for everyone.
      • About
        The Innocence Project exonerates the wrongly convicted...
      • Get Involved
        Join over a million supporters on a mission toward justice...
      • All Cases
        Learn the stories of the innocent individuals who's lives...
      • Contact
        Reach us via email at info@innocentproject.org, or, call us...
    2. innocenceproject.org › submit-caseSubmit a Case to the Innocence Project

Innocence Project. Intake Department. 40 Worth St., Suite 701. New York, NY 10013. No other documents should be submitted for initial review. The Innocence Project is not equipped to handle telephone or electronic (email) applications. The Innocence Project only accepts cases on post-conviction appeal in which DNA testing can prove innocence

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
    And done
    2AACEF40-92DA-4944-A631-9FB581CD5388.jpeg

I agree with this for older cases before DNA and stuff. Very few people get the death penalty today compared to say the 60s and 70s. Problem is that it’s not just murders who need to be killed. Rapists, pedos, molesters and anyone who perpetrates a crime so vile all,deserve the bullet.

Reactions: jrassy and FWoo45
    Punishment should match the crime. If the victim died in pain, so should the criminal.
    Two criminals are asked whether they would prefer to die or undergo bunga bunga. The first one opts for bunga bunga, and is immediately subjected to a sexual assault by members of the tribe. The second one, who now grasps what "bunga bunga" means, says he would prefer to die. To which the chief of the tribe replies: "Okay - death by bunga bunga."

This is not about whether its right or wrong, opinions differ. It is about the methods used.

Ive seen a lot in the news about not allowing executions because they were botched,, missed the vein, or they couldnt get the right chemicals, or that they cause the perp sufffering.

I've never bled to death but I hear its painless, you just get chilly, and fall asleep. Why not just put a needle in the perps arm and let him slowly bleed out? Seems more humane and cheaper. Doesnt wreck the body so it can be dismembered and recycled for parts.

Maybe thats to simple and reasonable?
    First, who knows for sure if any method is actually painless?
    I am pro death sentence. I am all for a speedy trial, and if convicted of a crime, waste no time in carrying out the sentence. One appeal, maybe an automatic retrial, to be sure no rights were violated and no evidence was fabricated then carry out the sentence. None of this life in prison, (which I actually consider to be even more cruel) with near endless appeals.
    Don't confuse with vigilantism and the like.
    As for methods used, who gives a fuck if it's painless. It should be quick. Quick as in dead in seconds. Who gives a fuck if it hurts the convicted for those seconds? If that convict wanted a painless death, maybe they should have chosen a different vocation.

Might need a bigger hose to drain them out than what is in the arm.

Nope.

Had a guy bleed out from a small arm lac.
    Just happened to get the artery.
    Died in a matter of minutes. Less than 10 for sure, dont know exact time from saw bucking to pulseless.

Bleeding out sucks having watched it with my own eyes.

The govt is corrupt.
    I trust no one in the supposed justice system except Justice Thomas.

I agree with this for older cases before DNA and stuff. Very few people get the death penalty today compared to say the 60s and 70s. Problem is that it’s not just murders who need to be killed. Rapists, pedos, molesters and anyone who perpetrates a crime so vile all,deserve the bullet.

If you catch some folks in the act of things and they happen to get killed in the act, that's one thing.
    However it's very important to have a clear distinction between actually killing people and not.

When you make everything or tons of things a death penalty offense, then life becomes worthless and everybody is willing to kill anyone once they start the slightest crime. There would be no motivation to not murder every victim of crimes.

Secondly, do you know how endemic false rape accusations are or the B.S. changing line stupid wore folks want to keep redefining as "rape?"

There is a reason everyone civilized eventually pretty much decided that the death penalty was only for actual murder with specific add on circumstances.

Execution by cannon in Iran, 1890s

Supression of rebellion in India
    View attachment 8045361

Ah yes good old Brutal colonial rulers and slave owners making a show of murdering anyone that dared to try to wish for freedom in brutal ways.
    I'm not sure if you actually want that to be what you base your argument on...

First, who knows for sure if any method is actually painless?
    I am pro death sentence. I am all for a speedy trial, and if convicted of a crime, waste no time in carrying out the sentence. One appeal, maybe an automatic retrial, to be sure no rights were violated and no evidence was fabricated then carry out the sentence. None of this life in prison, (which I actually consider to be even more cruel) with near endless appeals.
    Don't confuse with vigilantism and the like.
    As for methods used, who gives a fuck if it's painless. It should be quick. Quick as in dead in seconds. Who gives a fuck if it hurts the convicted for those seconds? If that convict wanted a painless death, maybe they should have chosen a different vocation.

So here is the question since you are all about justice and eye for an eye and all.

Many folks on death row who did all the appeals and such were eventually proven innocent, sometimes up to decades later when justice crusaders were finally able to prove the corruption and evil of the government.

Now sure okay you want to go rush to judgment and kill them.

Fine but then if they are proven innocent their relatives have the same right to kill everyone involved, all the people who did the execution, all the judges all the government folks all the prison workers by the same ancient rights.

All good with that?

Or do you think maybe given how much evil there is in our justice system, nothing is really lost by slowing it down and not being in a rush?

For those that remember how pro golfer Payne Stewart died in a pressurized airplane that the oxygen hadn’t been turn or failed. Everyone on board just fell asleep and died. And the plane just kept flying until it ran out of fuel and crashed..Seems like a good way to eliminate death row inmates. (Frankly I really don’t care if they suffer)

If you catch some folks in the act of things and they happen to get killed in the act, that's one thing.
    However it's very important to have a clear distinction between actually killing people and not.

When you make everything or tons of things a death penalty offense, then life becomes worthless and everybody is willing to kill anyone once they start the slightest crime. There would be no motivation to not murder every victim of crimes.

Secondly, do you know how endemic false rape accusations are or the B.S. changing line stupid wore folks want to keep redefining as "rape?"

There is a reason everyone civilized eventually pretty much decided that the death penalty was only for actual murder with specific add on circumstances.
    I didn’t say accusations and I agree that the evidence must leave absolute zero doubt. Otherwise it’s life of hard labor. But they should be removed from society permanently. I don’t believe in rehab of rapists pedophiles and the like.

I’ve brought it up in other threads in the past. You ether value life or you don’t.

you can’t be pro life and pro death penalty. You also can’t be pro choice and against the death penalty. You have to pick a side.

For those that remember how pro golfer Payne Stewart died in a pressurized airplane that the oxygen hadn’t been turn or failed. Everyone on board just fell asleep and died. And the plane just kept flying until it ran out of fuel and crashed..Seems like a good way to eliminate death row inmates. (Frankly I really don’t care if they suffer)
    No, the cabin experienced a rapid depressurization.

I didn’t say accusations and I agree that the evidence must leave absolute zero doubt. Otherwise it’s life of hard labor. But they should be removed from society permanently. I don’t believe in rehab of rapists pedophiles and the like.

I’ve brought it up in other threads in the past. You ether value life or you don’t.

you can’t be pro life and pro death penalty. You also can’t be pro choice and against the death penalty. You have to pick a side.

So what do you consider to be Rape specifically then?

And what do you actually consider specifically to be Pedophiles?

And is the FBI saying we happened to recover a laptop full of naked pictures of xxx age children from this person's place good enough evidence for you?

So what do you consider to be Rape specifically then?

And what do you actually consider specifically to be Pedophiles?

And is the FBI saying we happened to recover a laptop full of naked pictures of xxx age children from this person's place good enough evidence for you?
    I don’t have the answers specifically to your questions. I’m obviously just speaking in generalities. If this discussion were to become reality it would require a lot of discussion As to what is and what isn’t. etc etc etc. for now let’s just say targeted rape. Dude attacks woman in street and rapes her. We will leave what we call date rape out for this discussion. I’m talking premeditated shit. As for the pedo issue, let’s say middle aged men who seek out prepubescent children for now. I think molesters is self explanatory and sort of goes along with the pedo description for the sake of this thread for now. It’s complicated ob which is why the death penalty shouldn’t be the norm per se. Also, perhaps we have to establish a history of said offenses. If you catch a guy and can prove he has committed said acts multiple times then well he needs to be removed from society somehow. Life of hard labor or a bullet to the brain. figure it out but they have no place in society.

So here is the question since you are all about justice and eye for an eye and all.

Many folks on death row who did all the appeals and such were eventually proven innocent, sometimes up to decades later when justice crusaders were finally able to prove the corruption and evil of the government.

Now sure okay you want to go rush to judgment and kill them.

Fine but then if they are proven innocent their relatives have the same right to kill everyone involved, all the people who did the execution, all the judges all the government folks all the prison workers by the same ancient rights.

All good with that?

Or do you think maybe given how much evil there is in our justice system, nothing is really lost by slowing it down and not being in a rush?
    THis. See the link I posted on the Innocence Project.

They have freed hundreds of wrongfully convicted people from life and or the death penalty.

For that reason, if no other, anyone who supports it is basically a jackass....though I'll admit there are many who deserve death.

Reactions: adubeau

Thats silly. Im pro life and pro life in prison and against the death penalty.

Reactions: adubeau
    Thats silly. Im pro life and pro life in prison and against the death penalty.

The main reason why lots of folks are against the death penalty is because we know the government sucks at everything they do so we tend to have questions whenever the state executes someone. Whether it be an actual execution or a bad police shooting.

We have a death row case in Missouri where I live going on now. Prisoner is scheduled for execution soon. Now many years after the crime, two relatives from California say he was there when the crime happened so he couldn't have committed the crime. Why are they just now coming forward? Why didn't he have them testify years ago?

While i agree with most of what you said anyone who rapes a child should be executed. Im even ok with it being cruel and unusual. That trauma last a lifetime and our children deserve better

Reactions: Baron85 and jrassy
    problem is, after what "law enforcement" has shown us in the last 10 years.....i dont believe anything they say anymore.

why? because of what they say, and then the truth is revealed. not a fucking one of them is ever punished or removed. not a FUCKING one. so you'll have to forgive me if i flat out do not believe them anymore. if'n i am ever on a jury, the state is going to have to REALLY prove shit...and even then i might return a "not guilty" vote.

i do not trust any government representative any further than i can throw a 1970 cadillac left handed.

Sure you can. Babies are innocent. The death row inmates made a choice. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

I don’t think it was rapid. It was a slow insidious leak. They all slowly passed out from hypoxia.
    I had to go look - actually, either of us could be correct. It was not determined by the NTSB. I remembered it as a rapid event, which was the theory at the time of the accident. Apparently the final report said it could have been either rapid OR slow. Anyway, whether rapid or slow, the earlier poster I was replying to said it was due to lack of O2 in a pressurized cabin. It definitely was NOT pressurized. I remembered seeing the pictures from the F-16s with all the windows frosted-over inside.

Reactions: _Windrider_