• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing The Deer Hunt

30cal user

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2008
SE, LA
My Dad, brother, and I went to Texas for a drop and pop hunt.

We all used GAP rifles with Copper Creek Ammo.

We were with James Jeffrey at GAO (http://www.gaohunts.com/), the best host in Texas.

Dad's Deer shot with GAP R700 in 338 Federal, 250 gr Lehigh @ 1040 FPS, 16" bbl with Shark can, NF F1
DSCN0126.jpg

First time hunting with subsonic ammo, very cool! one shot kill!

My Deer shot with GAP 10 in 6mm Creedmoor in 23" bbl, 105 Hornady @ 3050 FPS, HDMR and ARPA Flage Cammo job
DSCN0091.jpg

this match ammo did just fine on the deer, one shot kill, 6cm is not "too powerful" for this ammo!

Little bro used a GAP R700 260 Rem, 18" bbl, shark can shooting 130 VLD, ARPA Zombie Flage paint job
DSCN0075.jpg

He also shot a small Elk with same gun
DSCN0049.jpg

There is a medical reason for this type of hunt, so don't judge please, just enjoy big animals.

Re: The Deer Hunt

No judgment here.
Great pics!

If there is a medical reason, I hope the hunt brought some great memories, and lifted the spirits!

Jr, I got to spend some time at Dad's house this morning. I had to go get all the details from the horses mouth, lol

Great hunt, good job. Kyle put the hammer down. A hunt of a lifetime and one to remember.

Great looking trophies and it looks like you had a great time and that is what matters. A few extra bonus points for taking the young man out.

Very cool! Awesome animals and memories that last a life time. Always nice to see multiple generations hunting together.