• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes The difference Falcon Scopes good or BAD

Re: The difference Falcon Scopes good or BAD

i personally love the falcon scope.. i have the 10x42 with mp20 i think the only diffrance in ml 16 retical and mp20 is the ml16 is sort of skeleton type or see threw on the out side section of the retical, i dont have a pic but if you look it up you will see what i mean.

i use the falcon on my msg90 rifle, for a while i couldnt find any thing in the cheep range to take the recoil, when the guys here told me about the falcon in my price range i tried one and only regret is i didnt get the 5.5-25 or 4-16

if your intrested i might be selling my falcon in the next month or 2 at a good deal, i need to get somthing with magnification

EMD and ML16 are the reticle types. EMD is the Enhanced Mil Dot which has solid stadia bars, mildots and hash marks on each .5 Mil. The ML16 has skeleton stadia, no mildots, and hash marks every .5 mils. MOA (Minute Of Angle) is the adjustment type the turrets use, there are also MIL turrets available.

I have the Menace 5.5x25x50 with the EMD reticle and it is great! Im sure against a $1000+ scope it wouldn't be as good, but the glass is pretty clear all the way through the magnifications, and the quality of the build is solid. The only thing that I've noticed along with everyone else here that has one is that the eye relief is a bit unforgiving. So it helps if you have an adjustable cheek peice, as I put one on my gun and it helped a lot. Just my .02.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the Menace 5.5x25x50 with the EMD reticle and it is great!</div></div>

I just ordered one of the same scopes Monday, hope to have it tomorrow and that's good words to hear.

waynea: who did you order yours through?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the Menace 5.5x25x50 with the EMD reticle and it is great! Im sure against a $1000+ scope it wouldn't be as good, but the glass is pretty clear all the way through the magnifications, and the quality of the build is solid. The only thing that I've noticed along with everyone else here that has one is that the eye relief is a bit unforgiving. So it helps if you have an adjustable cheek peice, as I put one on my gun and it helped a lot. Just my .02. </div></div>

I have the 5.5-25 w/ ML-16 reticle and I personally really like the hash marks better than the mil dots. To me they are more precise for both ranging and holdovers. each hash mark is like its own mini crosshair and makes a good aiming point when doing manual holdovers or windage.

And I've looked at mine next to a bunch of $1000+ scopes and I think its not that far off in optics quality. Most would be very surprised at how good it is.

ReaperDriver,
Thats good to hear, I didnt want to sound like I had "Proud Owner Syndrome" but I feel that the optics are pretty clear. FYI I got my scope from sightwonders as well and Matt is a great guy. He checks every scope before shipping to make sure that there is nothing wrong with them. I have heard the same things as everyone else about Falcon quality but I would recommend one to anyone.

Yes! I will be looking to pickup a scope. What I'm looking for is moa reticle and moa adjustment. THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO !!!

Well then Falcon wont be what you want. They only make mil/mil.

Yes! The 4x-14x-44mm MOA/MOA is what I looking at. But witch reticle is that?