• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Everyday Sniper Episode 13 Cleaning & Break In

realized tonight how long it'd been sense ive last cleaned the 556 ar.... cleaned "her" rifle real nice. my wife was thoroughly impressed with my lube skills. She sees that I take ultra good care of the pews I have and is excited for me to get another one. She even mentioned working some extra over time to help out with the zco I ordered at shot. Thanks Frank, you should get paid for these counseling sessions.

Thanks for doing these!

Just curious, what brush/mop products are you using for action/chamber cleaning. I've tried a couple but they shed the cotton material really bad.

I am glad I don't have to consider myself lazy anymore for doing a quick cleaning... I have used Ballistol for a few years... any thoughts on that?

BTW when I recall cleaning rifles in mass using vatake of solvent and a scrub brush... when I think back to those day's I have to laugh.

Im glad your debunking this barrel brake in bs, its a scam as far as im concerned. I remember a guy at the range telling me I pretty much ruined my DTA barrel because I didn't brake it in and I would regret it. As you point out yea maybe in years gone by that a barrel needed to be run in but today with cnc precision its a thing of the past. Just look at cars and engines, there is no run in procedure anymore, im a diesel mechanic working on power generation and its not uncommon to install a generator and have it at almost full load instantly and that engine will run for 20 000 hours!