• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Everyday Sniper Episode 16

Listening now. You mentioned broken shell extractors. Who makes one for a 6.5 Creedmoor? I've searched Google and can't find one.

What do you recommend torquing the action screws to?

Are you talking about case head separation extraction? Use a 12 gauge brass brush. Remove the bolt and push the brush partly in to the camber/case, pull out, the baseless case will extract. For stuck cases with the base intact, you need a ridge rod inserted from the muzzle end.

These tools should be in your backpack

I have pulled way more case head separations than anyone should, both my own and others at matches.

Case head separation is a reloading thing not a bad chamber like some of the savage 338s. If that 12 gauge brass brush dosen’t work you have serious chamber issues. You can apply more leverage than using the extractor tool and simply pulling on back on your bolt handle or relying on a thin extractor hook

You mentioned you need a Kestrel with density altitude. Is this a need- it makes everything so much easier or a NEED- you're just throwing your money away if you cheap out?

A good watch is amazing, just no wind. If your learning that’s a deal breaker. Then you have the $80 BallisticsARC station, wind meter that uses the phone... stepping up is the Kestrel.

Long story story, no reason not to have tools when every shot cost $1+

Last edited:
I have a 3500 I got for Christmas 4-5 years ago. I was wondering if that was going to work for now or if that wasn't really going to help.