• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Everyday Sniper Episode 27

As far as trigger control, what are your thoughts on over travel? My Tubb trigger has what seems to be a lot, is there a certain amount of over travel that is preferred? I called Tubb and there is no adjustment to reduce it.

Over-travel does not really bother me, my AI triggers have it.

I just stop and don't try to drive the trigger shoe to the back wall. Break and freeze.

It's uncomfortable for a lot of shooters as they try to drive the trigger back and stop against the wall, but I have gotten used to it. It can hurt people as they feel the need to keep moving until the trigger stops them. So I get it.

Reactions: 556tar21
I think it was this EP that the weatherflow was mentioned as working with the Hornady 4ODF is that correct? I was thinking of buying a weatherflow until I can afford to upgrade.

This episode got me thinking, what should I be seeing as far as sight picture as part of follow through? Shot breaks and my eyes stay on target watching for any feedback, as my reticule rises during recoil. My reticule stops high as I'm watching for impact. If I see I missed I move my reticule back on target and correct using my reticule. My thoughts are that watching for impact is so important that I basically just freeze.

Should my reticule be automatically snapping back on target with good form? Or should I be manually moving the rifle back on target before impact?

Thanks

So let's say 600 yards prone off bipod shooting at 6" gong. Different rifle weights, calibers, and brakes all play into it. So let's say 16lb 6.5CM suppressed. How far away should the reticule end up after recoil?

The WeatherFlow Meter works good with the 4DOF. It is Bluetooth so it doesn't use the headphone jack like Frank thought. I purchased the Blue one off Amazon that was cheaper then the Tan one that is sold as a shooting device, because one of the reviews on Amazon said the Blue one works with several ballistic programs that the Tan one didn't. I paid under $70 shipped so it seams to be a good value if you don't want to spend the money on a Kestrel.

Reactions: M113A3
I know this thread is old, but I am listening to the podcasts trying to catch up. I think my biggest inconsistency in my form right now is how hard I pull the rifle into my shoulder with the right hand. I've experimented and found that, group wise, I seem to shoot the best when I don't put any pressure back into the stock grip with the bottom 3 fingers on the shooting hand. If I load the bipod and rifle into my shoulder, then pull backward on the trigger (2.5 lbs) while just resting bottom three fingers on the grip, I get better groups. I 'm pretty sure this is wrong (pulling whole rifle into the shoulder with the trigger can cause aiming problems) but I did it to isolate that its my rearward grip pressure that sometimes hurts me. I also think it could be affecting my muzzle velocities as I struggle to get great ES numbers no matter what I do with the ammo.

Any suggestions from anyone on how to achieve the same rearward pressure into the shoulder with each shot? How much pressure should there be?

The fundamentals podcasts made me realize I don't have a good system for my right hand, and that I need to develop one. Now I'm trying to determine what that should be, knowing that I've wondered about what amount of rearward pressure to use for a long time.