• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Everyday Sniper Podcast: Chris & Frank Gadgets

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com

The Everyday Sniper Podcast: Chris & Frank Gadgets

Had Chris over the house today, we did a live stream plus podcast. I had to adjust my system some what to use the computer to live stream and podcast at the same time. Getting all the stuff to communicate correctly can be a challenge.

Gadgets,

Chris and I talk gadgets, what helps, how can it hurt you, what are the needs?

Is it information or efficiency you are looking for, a gadget either provides information or helps streamline a process.

We showed you the RRS SC DUO and the Attachment for the BulletSeeker, all cool stuff to use.

Thanks for listening, sharing, and being a part of the everyday sniper podcast

Sniper’s Hide Website

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/

For the Serious Tactical Marksman

#snipershide #Lowlight #precisionrifle #practicalmarksmanship

#sniper #practicalmarksmanship #military #LawEnforcement

#LongRangeHunting #Hunt #FirearmsTraining #2ndAmendment #TheHide #Rifleman #EvilLeprechaun

Chris Way’s RifleKraft

https://riflekraft.com/menu

Last edited:
    Reactions: FisherT&C
    I will take a chance here and post something before I've listened to the entire episode. 😬

I would love to see these gadget manufacturers provide open APIs so that people can create interoperability.
    Frank mentioned having the wind reader app, bulletseeker/andiscan/labradar app, mantis app, etc all on the same phone and wouldnt it be great to connect them all.

Yes, yes it would. It would also be great for those to provide raw data to be consumed by something else.

Imagine if you could get your Kestrel E-Dope card to display the FPS of your last shot from the labradar and also your current wind call from the impellerless wind meters down range? Or having all that data saved/displayed to a laptop or tablet that your spotter or instructor is using for some real-time training value. Or even overlaying that data on a video feed for those of you that record your training sessions?

I get the business reasons why companies (particularly kestrel, which has offerings for all the different devices I've mentioned) would want to keep it closed but the smaller guys should want to jump on something like that.

MDT is talking connectivity

At some point in the future the send it level will talk to the trigger which will link to the shot timer then to your phone

We just aren’t there yet

This is an idea I have related to the Kraft drill and standards. Would it be possible to to develop a correction target for precision rifle related to the Kraft drill? This would be a self help tool to break down where a shooter's issues may be coming from.
    Attached is the pistol version that has been around at least since Jeff Cooper.

wheel.gif

It doesn't quite work that way,

we can say, trigger is horizontal or breathing is vertical but putting an the right call to the shot would be harder than that because of the equipment, position, rifles, etc,

The handgun is a bit more open and empty, it's you and your hands vs all the other stuff

Reactions: Modoc
    I figured there was a good reason it hasn't been done yet. It's just a spit ball idea.