• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Everyday Sniper Podcast, Conversation with Fundamental Phil Velayo

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Great listen right here

The Everyday Sniper Episode 138 Philip Velayo Fundamental Talk

Great Interview with Phil Velayo of Gunwerks, USMC Scout Sniper Instructor, Competition Shooter, and Fundamentalist. We breakdown rifle set up, talk a lot about stocks and your length of pull adjustment.

How the length of pull and rifle set up dictates so much how well we shoot. It goes from the back of the rifle to the scope, to the bolt and trigger. This is an important part of starting out with your precision rifle.

Lots and lots of knowledge bombs dropped on the listeners and some golden nuggets mixed in.

Thanks for listening, thanks for sharing, thanks for being a part of the Everyday Sniper Podcast.

Great episode with the one and only El Tigré.

Reactions: leftyk82
    Got it on the list to give a listen. Along with Everyday Sniper, Caylen and Phil's podcast is the other one I listen to in the precision rifle world. Good stuff!

Reactions: Basher
    Lowlight, do you have a Video on rifle set up? Maybe in the online training? I've been searching for one but cannot find it.

I have two videos, one I uploaded this AM and a second I am rendering right now that corresponds to this podcast

The original set up lessons are slightly different, the new ones are more detailed

Is that in the online training or just your regular channel?

You guys mention a podcast where Jacob is on. Maybe I missed it (I'll have to go back and relisten, in part because there was a lot to absorb anyway), but which podcast was he on? I'd like to give that one a listen as well. Danke!

The NRL Podcast, whatever that is called precision rifle network maybe ?

Ah, it's the Precision Rifle Channel Podcast. I couldn't find it because it's the newest episode and I hadn't refreshed the list, so it wasn't there when I initially looked. Thank you, sir!

Excellent, excellent episode...
    I think the resurgence of fundamentals as foundation to the actual, practical application of precision marksmanship outside of a game setting is refreshing and extremely relevant.

I have ZERO issues with the competition setting and find it enjoyable for sure.. its humbling (I hold a match in Alaska every October).

But the ability to apply the fundamentals to hunting situations with an emphasis on driving your weapon rather than riding your gear is AWESOME.

Frank, Phil, Taylor (Duct tape, not Carl- I don't know him) and Caylen KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!