• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Everyday Sniper Podcast: Electro- Optics w/Big Jim Fish

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com

The Everyday Sniper Podcast: Electro- Optics w/Big Jim Fish

Sniper's Hide Optics Reviewer, Big Jim Fish stops by the podcast today talking Laser Range Finders and Electro Optics after a trip to Applied Ballistics.

Jim brings some excellent insight into the world of Lasers. This area of shooting is changing very rapidly with new technology emerging everyday.

Areas of discussion

• Sig Sauer Electro Optics
    • Leica Rangefinders
    • Revic BLR10b
    • Wind Changes to software
    This conversation flowed nicely so give it a listen and don't forget to stop by Sniper's Hide to check out Jim's Articles

Update 7-3-2023

I have a couple of updates related to the Everyday Sniper podcast.

First, I have learned a bit more related to calypso wind meter integration. In the future, there will be Calypso ultrasonic wind meters that can interface directly with rangefinders that have Applied Ballistics built in. This includes existing rangefinders from a variety of companies with AB built in. In this configuration, the rangefinders will automatically update the wind hold information with the wind from from the Calypso at the time of ranging. When these meters come out, I’ll be sure to pick one up and let you know how it interfaces with the Geovid Pros and Sig 10k’s.

The next update is a mistake I made regarding the calculation engine in the Sig 10k’s. I misunderstood and thought this engine was nVisti’s work. Sig was much more heavily involved in this development than I thought. All of the collaboration and players involved are pretty complicated. The central points are that the central team involved in this development work for Sig but your going to see more rangefinders in the future that have AB in them and calculating capabilities similar to that of the 10k. The 10k’s are the first in a generational change that will allow class 1 905nm laser products to have dramatically better performance than in the past based on improved laser rangefinding engines.