• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Everyday Sniper Podcast, Interview Philip Velayo

I thought I responded to another thread about Adams reloading process but the post ended up here. Stupid iPhone.

Sorry about that.

Great episode. Really positive. Really enjoyed listening to what Phil had to say. He always sounds calm and measured.

phil is a great dude and was a great teammate. he fully grasps and applies the dynamic of precision rifle and the changes/improvements to all of it while maintaining his roots and fundamentals. much needed in these times...

The first Caylen interview and this one have been my favorite interviews so far! Thanks Frank and Mike for doing such an awesome podcast!

Reactions: velayo_0317
The idea of using a .308 rather than a .223 was the thing that "broke the camel's back" on me listing my TL2 and going AI only for awhile. I had never considered that, while a .223 will require you to be on point with wind calls, a .308 will do about the same thing while costing about the same (FGMM is stupid cheap for factory ammo these days) and having higher recoil, which requires you to work on the fundamentals harder to master them.

My mind was blown when that clicked while listening to this interview. I'm still finishing two uppers (.223 Wylde and .224V) so I can learn to run a gas gun, but using a .308 barrel on my AT as my "trainer" simplifies things quite a bit as far as equipment goes. Thanks for that, gents!