• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Everyday Sniper Podcast: Jacob @ Rifles Only Lessons Learned

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com

The Everyday Sniper Podcast: Jacob @ Rifles Only Lessons Learned

Popped on the podcast with Jacob Bynum of Rifles Only fame. He ran into a Believe the Bullet situation where the student had their face in the phone ignoring the hard data right in front of them. It's important to go Tom Cruise in the Last Samurai, No Mind. People Mind the crowd, mind the situation, mind the results, no mind, see and adjust.

The Vortex Rifle mounted laser range finder is everywhere right now. Learning how to manage and use lasers that are mounted on the rifle is an important skill. Just as important as learning how to use a hand held rangefinder where people push too hard, cut off your head in the photo. Managing devices, ballistics calculators, lasers, data, etc is key.

The Rifles Only Mile High Shooting Brawl in February usually kicks off the season. Be sure to head over to Rifles Only to sign up, their prize tables to second to none.

Whenever Jacob and I visit there is a ton of nuggets hidden throughout the conversation, so don't miss a minute.

Thanks for sharing, thanks for listening and thanks for being a part of the Everyday Sniper Podcast.

The convo on "believe the bullet" and ballistic computers reminds me of the "Theory" vs "Experiment" argument we have in sciences. There is a lot of tech built on partial or 'broken' theory but tons of experimental work. In the end, the experiment either wins out, or you figure out how you F'd up your experiment.

Its why you don't see a lot of buzz around things like string theory: We can't verify it so what's the point.

(getting caught up on my podcasts during recovery)

Reactions: Modoc