• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Everyday Sniper Podcast:Live Crossfire Conversation w/ Chris Way

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com

The Everyday Sniper Podcast:Live Crossfire Conversation w/ Chris Way

Our first live test on the Snipers Hide App to link the Podcast with our Live Streaming. Still had a minor disconnect with the App vs Desktop but we are adjusting.

Chris and I talk the Mountain Rifleman Course and what I saw teaching the students last weekend. This is important as it's about realistic expectations for a new shooter. It also shows the value of a basic class.

As I work through the technical you guys can enjoy the conversation between Chris and I as I think the information is invaluable to the precision rifle shooter.

Reactions: camocorvette
    Frank,
    You stated "your system should be able to resolve an 8 inch plate at 800yrds" for an advanced class.

I've started a routine where every time I go to my range, I hang a 6" steel circle at 600yrds and really take my time to try and see how many I can land out of 5. (My range only goes to 600). I do this before shooting at any other targets on the range because I don't want to walk my shots out to it or already know the wind call. I have yet to get a first round impact or to hit 5 straight.

If I could go 5 for 5 with first round impact, and if it were an 8" circle at 800, is this basically what you're saying your standard is? Or since you say that your system should be capable of resolving the target, is this with all shooter error removed and it's ok to walk the shots out?

Quote with more context:
    "I think we need to set a minimum and basically say that we're going to do this to 800yrds. You have to have something capable of resolving almost a 1moa target to 800yrds if we want to be precise if we want to take this as a precision hunter course or a mountain hunter course with a precision rifle. I would say your system should be able to resolve an 8 inch plate at 800yrds."