• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Everyday Sniper Podcast:That last 10%

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Welcome to the New Season of the Everyday Sniper Podcast, in this episode I want to talk about our Training philosophy and pushing that last 10%.

The Everyday Sniper Podcast:That last 10%

Chris and I have restarted doing some Sniper's Hide Videos and you can find them in the usual places like Rumble & YouTube, so be sure to check them out. But in doing these videos we are looking at the why as well as cause and affect.

Like most things in life, there is a reason why things happens. Shooting is an "If" - "Than" experience, if you do this, then this will happen. So with our new videos we are looking at that relationship between you and your rifle.

Small things matter, and I encourage you to watch these recent videos as they ask you to answer the question for yourself. What do you need to do with your rifle set up in order to execute the perfect shot ?

Take the bags we use, Most people shoot with a Game Changer today because they want that one bag solution. But first off, the Game Changer is a front rest and not a rear bag, but we also understand compromise. Using the Game Changer is a compromise, so you have to know what can happen if you use the bag in a variety of different ways. Not every result is the same, so check out the video.

It's about bringing the little things to the shooter, pushing you past that last 10% as that is the hardest obstacle to climb. Get over that plateau, moving beyond 30th place, it's the focus the drive needed to cross that imaginary line of the last 10%,

Member since 2005, albeit not very active in some time due to commitments elsewhere. I have been listening consistently to the podcasts here lately. Keep up the good work!👍

Reactions: Lowlight
    Just got to the end of this podcast and had some thoughts on your YouTube dilemma, not so much the Rumble V YouTube but more so the video style and content.

So why did a quick cell phone video do better than an educational video? People like gear! even better when that gear is met with a subtle training flex (or maybe not so subtle). simply put, you showed what awesome gear can do and made it look easy.

putting gear to work, through multiple conditions, scenarios and environments is key. I think, by far your best video was the Seekins SP10M in the mountains. Giving the feeling of 70% gear and 30% training, beautiful.

If you really want to be training based though, look at THLR videos. nearly no "talking head" and very minimal on gear but a lot of practical execution with tones of B-roll footage with talking overlaid. He makes me want a Blaser R8 for no reason.

Anyway, thats just my 2 cents. I think about this stuff a lot and wish I could devote more time into making videos but I'm not even sure if its worth it.

Reactions: TheOtherAndrew