• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix - Side Chick

Hell yeah! Let us know how it shakes out. One quick question; is the hand guard secured with the one bolt in front of the mag well and the rail?

I am wondering, because if someone was to use an action with a proprietary rail interface (like an ARC), it would seem to preclude the use of this chassis.

Hell yeah! Let us know how it shakes out. One quick question; is the hand guard secured with the one bolt in front of the mag well and the rail?

I am wondering, because if someone was to use an action with a proprietary rail interface (like an ARC), it would seem to preclude the use of this chassis.
It has one bolt in the front and the cross bolt, I'll get you a picture

Ahhh, okay, thanks. As part of your testing, will you please consider leaving the top rail off and checking fore end flex? I'm not talking about informercial-style shit where you use the chassis to bridge between two cinder blocks, then stand in the middle of it... but just realistic stuff like bipod loading, etc...

Thanks.

Ahhh, okay, thanks. As part of your testing, will you please consider leaving the top rail off and checking fore end flex? I'm not talking about informercial-style shit where you use the chassis to bridge between two cinder blocks, then stand in the middle of it... but just realistic stuff like bipod loading, etc...

Thanks.

First thing i did was grab it and try and flex it. Seems as solid as any ar15 ive payed with. Hopefully i can get something together this week

Reactions: BurnOut
First thing i did was grab it and try and flex it. Seems as solid as any ar15 ive payed with. Hopefully i can get something together this week

Be cool if you could test the flex with a dial indicator and some weights.

Not about being poor I have expensive things too. You could buy two MPA Ultralight chassis for the same price with built in Arca rails.

Other than a distinctive look, what does this chassis offer that others don't?

I have owned many MPA chassis, the Sidechicks build quality is better. Its less weight with a folding stock. The Q folding stock is solid.
The Sidechick also has a full length handguard that allows me to run any scope/nightvision combo, the MPA cant handle a shorty scope and night vision withought a huge gap between them.
The Sidechick has a small profile when folded which equals less bulk in my pack.

Light weight
Not about being poor I have expensive things too. You could buy two MPA Ultralight chassis for the same price with built in Arca rails.

light weight — better folder.

What does the SLC 15x56 offer that others don’t??? Why ever would one want a Swaro when you can get a Bushnell for 1/2 the price ??

If you don’t see the value and diminishing returns bother you, this is the wrong hoppy..

Edited to add - love my SLCs

Last edited:
Clunky adjustments, uncomfortable pad, uncomfortable cheek, price, lack of arca, cheap grip w/ crappy ergos, and so on

Ive never found the adjustable stock to be clunky? They all lock up tight with the torx.
The recoil pad is thin but that doesnt bother me
I prefer a thin cheek pad so the fix and krg rifles are comfortable for me
Price is what it is, its cheaper than some and more expensive than others
Who cares about Arca? buy a arca rail
Some people like magpul grips, grips are not one size fits all . Ill spend $20 and get something else. Try the shity on my AXMC
Seems like your just complaining without giving a good comparison to other chassis and why they need to be built to fit you

No contrary opinions allowed huh?

Opinions are good as long as they have substance. RFutch at least had a opinion with a comparison we could discuss and see if it bears merit.
We dont know what your comparing the Sidechick to? How many chassis come with built in Arca? Im guessing just the MPA
You said the grip has bad ergos? you mean the angle or just pistol grips in general like AI, MPA, KRG ?
Clunky adjustments compared to what, The AI wing nuts always coming loose, the small allens of the mpa always coming loose or my KMW hardwear with a eclip and big set screw that always seems to stay tight?
Alot of your issues are your comfort preferences , which may or may not reflect others

Tbh, stocks and chassis are more of a personal preference if you don't compete. If you just shoot bench or hunt, a light weight option is the best for most people.

And realistically, if it looks cool to you, isn't it worth it? Like ESS and Oakley. They're owned by the same company, but most people like the look/name more so they pay the premium.

I have owned many MPA chassis, the Sidechicks build quality is better. Its less weight with a folding stock. The Q folding stock is solid.
The Sidechick also has a full length handguard that allows me to run any scope/nightvision combo, the MPA cant handle a shorty scope and night vision withought a huge gap between them.
The Sidechick has a small profile when folded which equals less bulk in my pack.

Not owning NV, I see your point now how the forend might be beneficial. The weights of both are damn close and the set screws coming loose can be solved with loctite. So FOR ME, double the cost is not worth it.

I will go away now and leave you guys to humping your sidechick. :)

I need a Pistol version....folding brace and 10 inch rail/tube.
Building a 9x39mm bolt "snuff gun"...

ETA: Seriously KB, you could call it " Side P"

Last edited:
I think they should have shielded the 12 o clock of the foreend for mirage deflection but looks good otherwise. Light as heck, if anything it might be better for gamechanger free recoil because you'll have a super front heavy rifle. If they release on in LA, I might trade in my magpul pro...

Reactions: Kevin Brittingham

Thanks.

Quick test with a barreled action and no top rail shows a bit of flex with 2 fingers of pressure

Reactions: BurnOut
Pros:
-Light weight
-You can join the Q club and don't have to deal with that busted Fix action

Cons:
-Recoil pad sucks
-Cheek riser sucks
-0 moa integral top rail... no thanks
-Magpul k grips do not belong on precision rifles
-Pricey... almost costs as much as an AI
-And its actually kinda ugly... which is surprising considering Q typically purpose builds everything for maximum instagram likability

A lot of really good chassis out there (XLR, MPA, MDT, AI... etc etc) so why waste your time? Weight savings aren't nearly as attractive when you have to settle for an inferior design.

Last edited:
Pros:
-Light weight

Cons:
-Recoil pad sucks
-Cheek riser sucks
-And its actually kinda ugly... which is surprising considering Q typically purpose builds everything for maximum instagram likability

A lot of really good chassis out there (XLR, MPA, MDT, AI... etc etc) so why waste your time? Weight savings aren't nearly as attractive when you have to settle for an inferior design.

Cause all those other chassis dont do what the Side Chick is doing for me. I've handled the fix and was very happy with the way the stock felt. I see your top rail point. However I dont need 20MOA to tumble coyote's at 400 yard with a 223. Fair is fair though. my favorite chassis is the MPA, Just bit porky for a hunting gun though

how ever I dont get how the Magpul K grip doesn't belong on a precision rifle. Its a grip that lets you hold the rifle. Might just be me though.

Scott

There is a draw bolt to pull the handguard into the receiver, a pinch bolt to eliminate all of the tolerance, and the top rail that bridges the receiver to the top of the handguard. It's rigid.

Clear hard coat anodize, fully adjustable folding stock, full length 360 degree hand guards in MLOK and Q-SERT, short or full length top rails, 2.6lbs, the best ergonomics possible with a 700, thin and compact even when folded (instead of skeletonized for weight savings), cool box art.

Reactions: Vargmat
Clunky adjustments, uncomfortable pad, uncomfortable cheek, price, lack of arca, cheap grip w/ crappy ergos, and so on
The adjustments are infinite, most men like the butt pad (but, big butt pad is available in two weeks), the cheek riser is comfortable and ergonomic and fully adjustable, its a good value (actual engineering and quality aren't free to design, develop, or produce), and so on

Reactions: JohnnyPhaze
Pros:
-Light weight

Cons:
-Recoil pad sucks
-Cheek riser sucks

Busted action?

Cause all those other chassis dont do what the Side Chick is doing for me. I've handled the fix and was very happy with the way the stock felt. I see your top rail point. However I dont need 20MOA to tumble coyote's at 400 yard with a 223. Fair is fair though. my favorite chassis is the MPA, Just bit porky for a hunting gun though

how ever I dont get how the Magpul K grip doesn't belong on a precision rifle. Its a grip that lets you hold the rifle. Might just be me though.

Scott
20 MOA top rails are coming, to satisfy old scope owners.

Reactions: goatsie and wes1
What's the inner handguard diameter? Wonder if a can could be recessed. Would make a good bolt action SBR host.

Reactions: Andielouroo
As a hunter I dig it.

I would love to see a good review with a bighorn action (or whatever your preference is), 16” proof barrel and your choice of trigger in this chassis and the exact same except in the christensen arms MPR carbon fiber chassis.

These two chassis are sexy as hell for a hunter and I would love to see them compared with the same action.

As a hunter I dig it.

I would love to see a good review with a bighorn action (or whatever your preference is), 16” proof barrel and your choice of trigger in this chassis and the exact same except in the christensen arms MPR carbon fiber chassis.

These two chassis are sexy as hell for a hunter and I would love to see them compared with the same action.

Well, it’s your lucky day! See my next post.

Received mine today and while I love it, it doesn’t work for the rifle I bought it for.

Rifle is a Bighorn TL3 with a Proof barrel.

- The handguard contacts the proof barrel on the top side of the handguard.

- The stock won’t fold over the bolt knob.

- The top rail holes do not line up with the bighorn scope mount holes.

I’m pretty damn bummed that it’s not going to work for me as I think it’s otherwise an ideal hunting chassis. I’m going to reach out to Q tomorrow to see if there are any possible solutions to my issues. My bull hunt isn’t until November, so I have time to try and make it work.

BC6877F3-6B7C-4B0A-9671-8BC16D595112.jpeg
B548C59B-B8E6-438C-893A-EE8202F9D9DA.jpeg

Received mine today and while I love it, it doesn’t work for the rifle I bought it for.

I’m pretty damn bummed that it’s not going to work for me as I think it’s otherwise an ideal hunting chassis. I’m going to reach out to Q tomorrow to see if there are any possible solutions to my issues. My bull hunt isn’t until November, so I have time to try and make it work.

View attachment 7106101View attachment 7106102

Dang dude that sucks.

So much potential for it.... wonder if it’s unique to the bighorn action?

I wish CA would sell their chassis without their action and barrels. Your set up is sweet.

Answers a lot of questions i had. Interested to see which actions do and don't work with this. I think this is why most every chassis folds to the non-port side of the rifle. Too much variability to make a stock that reliably clears multiple brands/styles of bolt knobs. The fix uses a really small bolt handle to ensure it folds flat so i'd think there had to be some type of design change to account for the more standard size handles/knobs. Maybe Q can provide some insight. They would have had to have tested this out on several r700 patterns so maybe they have a list.

@White Mamba What action are you using and is everything lining up?

Last edited:

It looks like one of the smaller bolt knobs might allow the stock to clear. When I was considering the Magpul Pro chassis they mentioned it would fold over the bighorn bolt handle, but only if one of the small profile bolt knobs was installed, the Tactical ones were a no-go.

The barrel fit is more bothersome. Not only is there interference on top, but it looks like any M-lok attachments on the bottom or sides may also contact the barrel, so you might be out of luck in mounting a bipod or sling attachment.

It looks like one of the smaller bolt knobs might allow the stock to clear. When I was considering the Magpul Pro chassis they mentioned it would fold over the bighorn bolt handle, but only if one of the small profile bolt knobs was installed, the Tactical ones were a no-go.

The barrel fit is more bothersome. Not only is there interference on top, but it looks like any M-lok attachments on the bottom or sides may also contact the barrel, so you might be out of luck in mounting a bipod or sling attachment.

Yep, I didn’t think about that when I made my post, but realized this morning that with an M-Loc attachment and given the flex the handguard has, it would definitely contact the barrel under any load at all using a Proof barrel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tx_Aggie
And just to be clear, the chassis is fantastic other than the fitment issues I’m having with my particular setup. If you have a BA that will work with it, it’s a bad ass hunting chassis.