• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Folks That Gave You Great Treatment

Convex

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2021
Reddondo Beach CA,90278
After reading up on one depressing thread I thought I'd start this one going in the opposite direction w/a couple of "feelgood" incidents.

Had an Eotech for about 5 years/way past warranty. Decided at this late date to switch the base so it swings over for a lefty. Screws were frozen.

Heated the thing up so hot trying to get the screws out I thought I'd warp the casing, and the screws wouldn't budge.

Called up Eotech, told them it way past warranty, but otherwise it still worked like a charm, but the screws were frozen, I'd like to send it in to see if they could try to do something w/it.

Offered to pay what it takes to get the screws loose and swap the base, so they said send it in.

Got the thing back about a week later, swapped over for a "lefty" w/new screws in it (no charge), w/a note, "it's on us". I made point of calling them to say "thank you".

Paid March for my scope, then waited months, just before March was going to ship, saw a video where somebody else asked them to mod the turrets for the same scope I've got for louder clicks. I asked them if they could delay the ship of the scope, do the mod, then ship it to me whatever the charge 4 the upgrade was going to be.

They contacted me back asap, said I'd waited a long time so they'd do it immediately, expedite shipping, and did it "no charge".

"No charge" for a mod that wasn't in the original deal.

Been in a dealership called "Rifle Supply" in OC, never saw an argument, an employee/saleman w/a shitty attitude, everybody eager to be helpful.

Maybe I've never been there on the "wrong" day, but tje place is pleasant to got to.

I've had other manufacturers and dealers do some "feelgood"/no charge gestures showing that they care about you as a customer and I've talked to quite a number of folks around here who're kind and helpful.

Last edited:
Bought a Sig Kilo2200 and it sat in the box for 1-2 years without me taking it out. Finally took it out a month ago and it would turn on but just wouldn't range. Sent it in to Sig and they sent back a Sig Kilo5K which costs about twice what I paid for the 2200.

I've always had good interactions with John at Huber Concepts. I had an old trigger lying around that I sent to him to check out, add a bolt stop to, and see if it was still good to go. He cleaned it, added the bolt stop, and adjusted it + shipped it back to me for like $20 or something. I've also always had great interactions with EuroOptic for technical questions which for a business that has their amount of gear diversity, it's kind of crazy how much the CS people know about small details.

I've only ever had one interaction with Vortex CS after owning Vortex LH, LHT, Viper PST Gen 1, Viper PST Gen 2, Razor Gen 1, Razor Gen 2, and now Razor Gen 3 (plus Razor binos before I got my Swaros). The PST Gen 1 had broken illumination out of the box and they immediately took care of it.

Reactions: Ichi
Picked up a used chassis with no action screws, and MDT didn’t hesitate to send out a pair for free.

Immediate and excellent communication, a willingness to send small parts and hardware without charging for it, extremely fast turnaround times, willingness to complete oddball requests, maybe a Christmas card or stickers in every box. Usually not failed products. Whatever the reason, these companies stand out.

MPA
MDT
FOUNDATION
ZCO
HAWKINS PRECISION
WEIBAD
VORTEX
SAC
AMP

I’m sure there’s more from over the years, but here’s some of the good ones that I’ve bought from and/or dealt with for warranty or CS…

EuroOptic
TriggerTech (buy direct, and they show up in my mailbox within 2-3 days of purchase every time)
Rise Armament (good triggers, stellar customer service)
Arken
Vortex
Rainier Arms
Browning
Area 419
Aero Precision
Midway USA
Brownells
Alpha Munitions
Christensen Arms
Spire Gunworks
Dead Air (before all the recent shit)
Otter Creek Labs (he forgot to put one of their standard mounts in the box, and sent me 2 free ZR0-DTA mounts)
Anarchy Outdoors (custom Ruger American parts)
Natchez Shooters Supply
Midsouth Shooters Supply
Bruno Shooters Supply
Smith & Wesson
Berger
CCI

Last edited:
Reactions: Gohring65
Most recently…. The folks at ATI/Tenebraex/Tangent theta went above and beyond for me.

Vortex never fails to be awesome too.

I usually destroy stuff beyond warranty coverage. But I have had good cs interactions with
Charter Arms
Nightforce
Nikon
And thankfully the local gun store is wonderful.
And leupold covered an OLD pair of gold ring binoculars.

Reactions: FuhQ
I've had great experience in the form of either purchasing of items or getting questions answered...

Krg
Foundation
MDT
Eurooptics
Mile high
GAPrecision
Altus
Stuteville precision

and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Reactions: FuhQ
A few that jump into my mind without thinking very hard

Kac
Ai
Tacops
Eurooptic
Area419
Mile high
Sig sauer
Ns Armory
Odd brothers armory

CS Tactical
GA Precision
Short Action Customs
ZCO…I recently had an issue with my new 5-27. They immediately sent me a shipping label. I sent the scope to them on a Wednesday, they received it Friday and shipped it back to me the following Monday. I’d say that’s excellent customer service, especially over a weekend!

Vortex….great CS, full stop.
This.

CameraLandNY has also been very good to me (plus I love the New York accent and feel a little like "I know a guy")

also to complete my self-destruction: Springfield Armory. Yeah I said it.

I saw a dude in a Liberty Optics shirt and another in a CHPWS shirt blowing dudes behind a dumpster at a match once. Guys were getting back in line so the service must have been great.

• Haha
Reactions: ddavis
I don't think Don at Annex Defense has been mentioned so far.

Manson Reamers
Krieger
EuroOptic
MDT

Last edited:
Every Hide dealer I have dealt with has been great over the years, even Liberty Optics before the implosion. Sport Optics and Cameraland have been my go-to for various types of glass over the years.

I've used Surefire CS a few times and their support has been stellar. Fortunately, I have not had many warranty issues with my gear.

Steve Walker @RangerWalker71 has always treated me right.

Lisa Bynum running Rifles Only retail side is awesome, as always.

Just a slice. Too many to list.

Reactions: ddavis
Casey with Atlas bipod rebuilt my v8 for free after I ran my rifle over. I even told them it was my own stupidity.

Im sure that I will leave someone out

Vortex
XLR
A&J Sporting
GoodShootingInc
Bergara
Cameraland
2 VETs
EuroOptic
SAP
GAP Precision

Notable folks for me - especially ordering into Australia.

EuroOptic - almost 20yrs ago made my first international firearms related purchase. Process couldn’t have been any smoother or pleased with the service, price and product.

CSTactical - couldn’t be more helpful or better comms.

ZCO - one of the few designers / manufacturers that stand out from the crowd in regards to transparency and honesty, whilst providing a great product. Nothing is too small for the ZCO team to respond to or assist with.

Delta Tactical (Australia) - boys helped me organise one of the first ZCO’s into Australia 🙌

Low vis gear (Australia) - another designer / manufacturer of high quality gear that goes out of their way for you, including taking on feedback and incorporating changes if suitable.

• Love
Reactions: CSTactical
Brazilian Dancer that gave me a lap dance for 2 hours last week, you talk about great treatment nothing beats that ......

Some of the Hide Vendors on here:
Mile High
CameraLand
Europtic
MK Machining
The name is escaping me...but he sells all the high end shit in the Hunting/Competition crossover scope space (ZCO, March, Tangent)
Got it...MOUNTIC

Manufacturers:
Vortex (I sent them so many LRHT's even I started to feel bad)
Sig Optics (sent in my ABS2400, they sent me a brand new one)
Armageddon Gear
ScopeChaps
WarHorse Development
MDT
NVision

Probably missing a bunch

Also, every transaction I have had with fellow Hiders on the PX has been stellar, and I in turn have done my best to go out of my way to ensure they go smooth on my end. I actually enjoy some of the PX transactions, it's a reminder to me there are still some really good people out there in this weird world we live in now.

Had another good experience with John Huber recently. I was in the area so he stayed late at his factory front so I could visit and talk / buy another trigger. Went through his charts and picked out one with all of the perfect trigger pull features I wanted.

Vortex - Mind Blowing!
Seekins- Above and beyond!
Thunder Beast Arms ! Outstanding CS and they just work!
Brad Watkins Knives!

Huge shout out to Dan with 2 Vet Tripods. I had an issue, and he called me at home tonight to ensure that it was taken care of, which it was.

Bought a Sig Kilo2200 and it sat in the box for 1-2 years without me taking it out. Finally took it out a month ago and it would turn on but just wouldn't range. Sent it in to Sig and they sent back a Sig Kilo5K which costs about twice what I paid for the 2200.
Wtf? My 2K looked like it was brand new, it had so little use on it, but the display just stopped working on it. It's now sitting in a trash dump somewhere because Sig told me they wouldn't touch it and didn't want it. They offered to let me buy something new for a discount off MSRP (so basically retail). Never again.

Proof Research - had issues with a frankenbuild AR-10, used their barrel but had issues, they said, "send us your whole rifle", they couldn't figure it out, barrel worked great in other uppers but mine didn't like it for some reason, so I said, "can you swap the 308 barrel with a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel?" and they said sure and a few days later sent me a test target with 10 shots inside a dime, I said how much for the 6.5 Creed barrel, they said no charge!!!! Needless to say I keep buying Proof barrels and they keep working great (I also became a believer in 6.5 Creed that day).

Manners Stocks - Tom is one of the nicest guys in the industry, always a pleasure to work with and always bends over backwards to accommodate on multiple occasions.

Vortex - I bought one of the first AMG 6-24's, went down to Raton, NM for a big weekend, parallax went wonky, sent Vortex a PM, I have an overnight shipping label when I got home and had the scope back a week later. Had one of the first RG3 6-36 and turrets were wonky, send to Vortex and week later had much better turrets. They are employee owned and veteran owned, great company!

Minox - had two ZP5 5-25's one with great turrets one with meh turrets, asked CS if they can improve the turrets, had to be shipped to Germany and took a couple months but got back a scope with fantastic turrets - no charge.

March - wanted a reticle swap, sent in and got back a scope with new reticle, all cleaned up and even better than before. March is very customer service oriented and always willing to help, great company.

Reactions: Oldloser