• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The GAP hath arrived!

TattooBlade

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Well after a few weeks of waiting for the transaction to be complete, I finally have my new GAP custom in hand and we made a range trip! All I have to say is WOW! By far, the most accurate, most amazing rifle I have ever fired! I broke down and traded my 5R and Leupold scope for a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 and could not be happier!

The specs are custom, 40x trigger group crisp and light, Badger knob, top and bottom, Bartlain 5R fluted 22" barrel, Mac HTG textured stock (which fits me waaay better than the HS stock on the Remi), Harris pod, decelerator pad, and black Cerecoat.

So, after getting her zeroed, which didn't take but a couple a rounds, I shot several groups of Federal 168 and 175 SMK BTHP all at 100 yards. The temp was about 78 and the wind was kickin today. Of course I forgot to take my camera to the range and I tried to use my phone through the scope, but it didn't work; so you'll have to take my word for it. All 5 shot groups with both grains, went to the exact point of impact and all groups were basically one hole groups! Holy crap is all I can say! Maybe .25 of an inch max and honestly, I wasn't even trying that hard!

Here's a few pics of her at the house before the trip. I'll try to remember the camera next range trip. The only question I have for anyone who has a NF Zero Stop scope; since I didn't set Zero Stop today and I did zero it, is there a way to lock in the stop now, or will I have to go back to the range, throw it off zero and then follow the directions that came with it?

6436392939_79f68d95d4_z.jpg

6436385267_f7f3f7bae8_z.jpg

6439175987_34057670cb_z.jpg

I will try to get some better photos up soon!

Re: The GAP hath arrived!

Very nice rifle. What reticle do you have on ur Nightforce.

NP-R2, which I wasn't sure in the store if I would like, since it's a bit thinner then I'm use to; but once getting on the range with it I have to say I'm very happy!

Very nice rig! Cant wait to get my first Nightforce..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anti-Materiel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a very nice rifle! What's that little NightForce bag thing?</div></div>
It is actually a full size gillie suit for the gun and shooter. You just pull it out and throw it on..

I am pulling your leg man. Its a lens cloth that tucks up neatly in that little pouch. I have one for my binoculars and they help to clean fog/pine needles off of my bino lenses.

Shoot Straight,
Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Solo Silhouette</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Very nice rig! Cant wait to get my first Nightforce..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anti-Materiel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a very nice rifle! What's that little NightForce bag thing?</div></div>
It is actually a full size gillie suit for the gun and shooter. You just pull it out and throw it on..

I am pulling your leg man. Its a lens cloth that tucks up neatly in that little pouch. I have one for my binoculars and they help to clean fog/pine needles off of my bino lenses.

Shoot Straight,
Josh
</div></div>

hahaha! Cool! I didn't have a clue. I should have guessed that's what it was!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snipedogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats on your GAP! One day I will afford one....</div></div>

+1.....Me too. Some day, some day.

On the zero stop. Since it's zeroed now, you should be able to pop the top off, screw the zero stop down and you'll be good. It shouldn't change your zero. It's been a while since I fiddled with mine, but pretty sure you can set it and you'll be good.

Hey aojones,

I went to A Place to Shoot. I've shot at just about all the ranges around town and I seem to find myself going there most of the time. Where do you shoot? I'm always trying to find folks to shoot with!

I'd really like to find a group, club, whatnot that has some friendly rifle shoots around here!

And thanks all for the compliments thus far! I have to say, I was sad when I had to put her in the safe last night. I almost told my wife to sleep on the couch so I could have my GAP next to me!
smile.gif

Its a Ninja-Glock holster.

Nice rifle! The upside to owning a GAP: it probably shoots better than you can. The downside to owning a GAP: it probably shoots better than you can. From this point forward, the rifle can no longer be blamed (LOL). Enjoy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TattooBlade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey aojones,

I went to A Place to Shoot. I've shot at just about all the ranges around town and I seem to find myself going there most of the time. Where do you shoot? I'm always trying to find folks to shoot with!

I'd really like to find a group, club, whatnot that has some friendly rifle shoots around here!

And thanks all for the compliments thus far! I have to say, I was sad when I had to put her in the safe last night. I almost told my wife to sleep on the couch so I could have my GAP next to me!
smile.gif
</div></div>

Bracken mostly since it close to my house. We need to get some people together and go up to Best of the West in Liberty Hill and try out their 1000 yard range!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aojones</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TattooBlade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey aojones,

smile.gif
</div></div>

Bracken mostly since it close to my house. We need to get some people together and go up to Best of the West in Liberty Hill and try out their 1000 yard range! </div></div>

Bracken is actually the closet to my house too and I use to go there all the time, but I like the facilities at A Place to Shoot better. Not sure if you've ever been there. I would love to get a local group together. I searched the Net high and low and there is no San Antonio rifle club to be found. That's crazy! Need to find a way to start one! Let me know if you ever want to check out Place to Shoot since they have 100, 200 and 300 to play on. PM me and let me know what area you live. Also, I think it would be great to go try and play at 1000. Let's make it happen!

Mike

Ok, stupid question; what does the GA stand for in GA Precision? Georgia? George something??? Just curious.

Gnat's Ass Precision.
grin.gif

It's a carrier for 16 full-size rolls of tactical toilet paper......
and a ghillie suit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srv656s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On the zero stop. Since it's zeroed now, you should be able to pop the top off, screw the zero stop down and you'll be good. It shouldn't change your zero. It's been a while since I fiddled with mine, but pretty sure you can set it and you'll be good. </div></div>

Yep, it's easy.
Just loosen the 4 screws in the top half of the clutch assembly and turn it until it engages the stop on the bottom half, then tighten the screws back up.
Then replace the turret cap with the zero aligned with the mark on the scope body and tighten the 2 screws evenly, and a little at a time.
Get them too tight, or uneven, and you might feel a "sticky" spot as you rotate the turret.

Nice rifle!!!!!

Thanks for the zero-stop info. That's what I thought, but the extra instruction page it came with seems to make it harder than it really is.

Mike,

I live in San Antonio as well. I shoot mainly at bullethole. The pistol range is usually a little crowded but the rifle range isn't usually too bad. Not the nicest place on earth but they have a 300 yard range. I have been to the best of the west in liberty hill. Nice place. The Larue targets that reset themselves are really nice. If you ever interested in shooting let me know.

Panhandle,

Sounds good. I've been to Bullet Hole plenty. Just find Place to Shoot a bit nicer, but I'll shoot at either. I'd like to get some locals together to start a new San Antonio Rifle Club. From what I undertand there use to be one prior to 9-11 that shot on Camp Bullis, but after that they shut it down. I think it be cool to try and start it up again.

Actually, she's a beast.
smile.gif
I haven't put her on a scale yet and I plan to. Safe to say though, with the weight of that barrel, recoil doesn't really even exist!

Not sure. I've heard 6-10 months. I got lucky, I found mine on Gunbroker, basically brand new, two boxes through it, for a deal and a half, so I had to jump on it!

Thanks guys! I'm really loving this GAP! This baby is a keep for sure. I think it will pretty much do anything I could ever ask a rifle in North America to do!

Next project: heavy barrel .22 for my daughter to have fun with!

Very sweet setup. Congrats on a great find.