• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos The Garden is alive and well!!!

DIBBS

Old Mountain Man-Tired occasionally Grumpy SOB
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 21, 2008
    WARSHington State
    No comnentary needed
    20210820_094328.jpg
    20210820_094418.jpg
    20210820_110307.jpg
    20210820_112526.jpg

Dude! Get those tomatoe vines up off the ground!
    ...on second thought... it looks like you tried. Well, did you know you can graft other varieties onto cherry tomato stock? Who'da thought...

Reactions: DIBBS
    Excellent! It's too hot for the tomatoes to bloom, here in Louisiana. I do have a few heat resistant varieties that are still producing. The cayennes, jalapenos, watermelons, cantaloupe, crenshaws (my favorite) and eggplant are still going crazy, with the rains we've had.

Excellent! It's too hot for the tomatoes to bloom, here in Louisiana. I do have a few heat resistant varieties that are still producing. The cayennes, jalapenos, watermelons, cantaloupe, crenshaws (my favorite) and eggplant are still going crazy, with the rains we've had.
    our everglade tomatoes are loving it right now, in tampa

our everglade tomatoes are loving it right now, in tampa
    I'll have to order some of those, next year. I've never seen them at nurseries, or the big box stores, around these parts. Maybe I didn't know what I was looking at. Thanks!

Reactions: BLEE
    yes it is now we all know who to go see if the food shortage gets much worse lol.

Wrong!!
    The Grainger County tomatoes. They are the best you'll ever eat.

during their season, its the only tomatoe I bought for our customers, period...
    I still have folks coming through wanting them, and I've been out of the produce for 2-3 years.
    I watched TN weather more than I watched mine, for the rain.

I have had Florida and TN tomatoes. compliments always on the TN

Wrong!!
    The Grainger County tomatoes. They are the best you'll ever eat.

As Ive never tried the Grainger's I really cant make a valid comment other than to say the Cherokees are the best Ive had. Perhaps also, they are great anywhere you grow them, they dont have to be from one county in Tn. Ill see if I can get my hands on some Grainger's nexxt season and get back to ya.

Have you tried the Purples?

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC

DIBBS you are lookin' good.​

A bit more challenging here in WA and MT.... I think we can make it through the winter.

Hobo

Attachments

• IMG_4663.JPG
      IMG_4663.JPG
      605.2 KB · Views: 39
    • IMG_4703.JPG
      IMG_4703.JPG
      360.8 KB · Views: 41
    • IMG_4668.JPG
      IMG_4668.JPG
      637.2 KB · Views: 35
    • IMG_5011.JPG
      IMG_5011.JPG
      503.4 KB · Views: 37
    • IMG_5116.JPG
      IMG_5116.JPG
      625.1 KB · Views: 38
    • IMG_4964.JPG
      IMG_4964.JPG
      349.5 KB · Views: 34
    As Ive never tried the Grainger's I really cant make a valid comment other than to say the Cherokees are the best Ive had. Perhaps also, they are great anywhere you grow them, they dont have to be from one county in Tn. Ill see if I can get my hands on some Grainger's nexxt season and get back to ya.

Have you tried the Purples?
    It's something about the dirt is all I know. They have a cult like following. There's been tasting competitions and it's crazy. They can tell which ones have been grown in a green house versus the field and which ends of the County down to which farm they come from.

Reactions: Maggot
    It's something about the dirt is all I know. They have a cult like following. There's been tasting competitions and it's crazy. They can tell which ones have been grown in a green house versus the field and which ends of the County down to which farm they come from.
    We have something similar ger called the Tuberville Cantaloupe. They only grow in Halifax County Virginia and have the same cult following. Imagine the best cantaloupe crossed with the best Honeydew and you'll get the idea.

TURBEVILLE CANTALOUPES ARE WORTH A TRIP

scholar.lib.vt.edu › VA-news › VA-Pilot

Went through the local Farmer's Market this morning looking for Heirloom, locally grown corn.... Only one booth had some corn. He reluctantly told me the corn was "Hybrid".... My corn was a failure this year so I can not save any seeds. I am on the hunt for some Heirloom seeds for some kind of sweet corn that will grow in a short season....

Went through the local Farmer's Market this morning looking for Heirloom, locally grown corn.... Only one booth had some corn. He reluctantly told me the corn was "Hybrid".... My corn was a failure this year so I can not save any seeds. I am on the hunt for some Heirloom seeds for some kind of sweet corn that will grow in a short season....
    Silver Queen is my favorite but you need good soil and lots of nitrogen. YOu can order it on line.

Silver Queen is a hybrid. Golden Bantem for fresh/putting up or Truckers Favorite for a more general purpose corn.

Reactions: DIBBS